What are your favorite Boundless activity?

What would you say is the best activity the game has to offer? What’s the one thing you want to do when you launch yourself in the Boundless Universe?

• Building
  • Hunting meteors (including Gleambow, etc)
  • Playing fan-made games (Dodge-bomb, etc)
  • Crafting items
  • Forging tools and weapons
  • Buying items
  • Selling items
  • Exploring worlds
  • Visiting other people’s builds
  • Farming / Harvesting
  • Searching for surface ressources
  • Mining
  • Collecting rare items/colors
  • Summoning Elder Gods! Ftaghn!
  • Something else?.. (comment below!)

0 voters

I think I’ve covered most of the activities the game has to offer.
Since Building is a massive activity in the game, and I’m expecting it to top the poll, I think it could use some more details.
What do you like to build?

• Building a marketplace/mall for other people to buy/sell items
  • Building a cool places for people to visit
  • Building places to further the Lore of the Boundless Universe as I see it
  • Building houses
  • Building statues/art
  • Building for someone else while under contract
  • Build helpful designs (public farms…)
  • Building labyrinths
  • Building a Dungeon
  • Building roads to connect people
  • Building portal hubs to connect places and worlds
  • Building a Limbo Dungeon for people to get lost in for the rest of their natural lives before their souls are consumed by the Void! Ftaghn!
  • Something else?.. (comment below!)

0 voters

That’s all I could think of.

4 Likes

Depends on my mood - and that is part of the huge draw of Boundless for me, different stuff to throw myself into depending on my mood. When the muse/creative bug hits, I can go on building binges… but those are often spaced out. My top two go-tos- exploration and mining (then surface collecting).

Exploration - No question that when a new exo pops, that is top priority. :wink: I love to wander, see new things. I make a habit of occasionally wandering through portals randomly, looking for new builds to see and screenshot. Edit: Can almost count virtual photography as a separate thing, perhaps - that is a big draw for me in games, enjoy photography IRL too.

Mining/Surface Collecting/Hunting (somewhat limited on hunting due to skill, haha) - These are very therapeutic zone-out activities for me. Putting on music and mindlessly getting resources is really healing for me, actually. Advantage with mining is I can be REALLY zoned since little danger. Surface collecting and hunting I have to be more alert, but advantage there is the beauty of wandering. :slight_smile:

On building, I like to build my homes/bases, and useful things like stores and public mines. Would love to do a big labyrinth some day too!

1 Like

Building a workshop is my very fav to do as it incorporates both function and design.

1 Like

In retrospect, the workshop option was so obvious I forgot to add it. XD

1 Like

MegaSmiley_Murf
'kay.

1 Like

.> Boundless is similar to minecraft. Sure it differes. But i guess… everyone wants to kind of manage to make their own settlement. Not talking big cities right now.
Everyone… is also incorrect… its more like… the possabilites.

I … like colours and options and how to get them together… there needs to be enough space to get creative… because… in the world of housing systems you need to be able to have enough room for the housing. What i see currently in the boundless universe… is the fact its totally “farm” orientated. There are some “settlements” but based on the fact u need cubits… you need lots of cubits… i mean its just an 8x8x8 Space… >.> What kind of housing can u create even? Its probably enough for “your” house >.> or castle. Still. The space is limited.

Boundless itself is great. But the next step would be to have “cities” What i mean by that is simple. You could create starter worlds… where the focus i for everyone to have a certain plot for minecrafts sake.

And that would be what i would like. People being able to build their houses and travel through the galaxy… Being able to sightsee… not only for the guilds, that i guess are there to somehow make up for the unarchievable cities dream.

What i would like to have is competition… even community events… that circle around the way you gather and sell ressources… or employ teams of adventurers… Maybe even for the sake of having ingame spotlights.

This game has the adventure system … the craftsmen system… the gatherer system… but the architect, the buisnessman and the supplier are concepts we try to grow by our own efforts.

There are options… welp. And so far lvl 20 i see no point in my life here. Unless i build for myself of course… only in areas i can provide for… even though thats kinda silly… since i totally cant. Guess this game is not for single player efforts. :confused: Unless you have real money to varant it.

Therefore… what i want to do, i can only do in minecraft… or on minecraft roleplay servers - therefore i am looking forward to the options to create my own server… and implement my rulesset for likeminded people. Greetings <3