What can be requested in shops?

I’m not 100% sure I understand your statement here, so correct me if I am taking your meaning wrong. What I understand you are saying is that players should not be able to get items (as in wearable or crafted goods) unless they have the item or blueprint for the item already. The purpose of this is to encourage players to seek out these things on their own rather than gain them quickly by shopping.

While I understand the idea you are going for, I think it is also ineffective at what you are trying to encourage. As you said, a new player could just as easily gain access to these items just by having a player who already owns it lend them the item. This completely negates the system. At the same time, the restriction that a player can’t buy something they have not already had is bad on trade in general.

1 Like

Totally agree with havok on this, i still think we should have a drop down list, only being able to buy what you already own in one way or another just seems counter productive to me.

I think there is a more elegant solution than either of these things, I just have not thought of it yet.

2 Likes

I’m with @Zouls and @Havok40k on this… you should be able to request whatever it is that you want/need.

Just because you request it, it doesn’t mean that whoever owns the plinth has to make it for you. It just informs the owner that there is a potential buyer looking for a specific item. It’s kind of like Oortian way of ordering online, but with less guarantees!

I see it the other way around, its the person owning the plinth saying ‘‘i would like to buy this item’’ and not a random guy going in and saying ‘‘i want you to make this for me’’

1 Like

Ah yes… so they display the item they want to buy, so others can deposit it on the plinth for a return of currency.

That sounds excellent. The more that gets revealed about shops and the way they will work, the more I like it!

1 Like

I know what you mean. I see why certain restrictions are easily exploitable but I don’t want to just have everything and I think there has to be a good solution to this somewhere.
I just can’t think of it atm^^

i dont see any with smaller flaws. the thing about WTB is that in my eyes it should mean that you can buy EVERYTHING, which is why you need to be able to list ANYTHING, which means you are able to see EVERYTHING.
most other things with restrictions removes the freedom of buying, just because you can list it doesnt mean you get it instantly you know, you still need a person to come and sell it to you.

And you need to have enough currency or a tradable materials yourself that they willingly make that exchange.

I also worry that undue restriction on trade would incentivize other less savory methods of acquisition, such as cash via 3rd party sites, hacking, or outright account theft.

2 Likes

Maybe if it was just raw materials that you could buy… or materials that are associated with your particular trade. Although the latter option would prevent you from buying other items that you may want/need.

I’m guessing that the owner would be able to set a limit and the value for any items that they wanted to buy - as you wouldn’t have an indefinite amount of funds, nor would you want a superfluous amount of any particular item.

Sorry, undue do you mean too many or too few restrictions?

Too many restrictions. It inevitably incentivizes black markets of sorts, and not the RP in game kind.

1 Like

this was my exact problem when i thought of it

Every crafter have a certain skill level and you can buy materials up to the point where that level is needed

This would lead to people who just want to trade being unable to run trading companies so to say, it would also make crafters unable to stock up on something they havent reached yet, forexample if they know that when they get the next workshop they need 100 mithril, but they arent allowed to buy it

Every item has a tier rating and you can only buy items up to the max tier rating of the tier you have been on
The main problem with this one is that i see dedicated crafters as spending a hell of a long time on the low tiers and that the end tiers should only be for hardcore fighters who will grap materials then, meaning that you would force crafters to also be fighters if they want to buy anything.

those are the two other examples.

2 Likes

Yeah i totally agree, i like the idea of being able to buy, however i would probably prefer something a bit different than a plinth for buying. so instead you have a vault or a huge block or something where there are multiple things you want to buy and then you can put all your currency there, forexample if i need both 20 iron and 20 wool and not care which one i get, i would rather have the money in one so a dude might sell me 20 iron instead of having to split it into one plinth for iron and one for wool. @jesshyland that makes sense?

I think jes is just the modeler. Somebody else on the team is doing the logic behind it :wink:

I know, but she was the one who mentioned it.

Sorry for the long break since my last post.

The Idea was: you are able to buy whatever you see, but you are unable to request on a plinth what you have never seen (or read about in shape of a book / blueprint / quest). I want to keep the desire for discovery…

Devs pretty well settled this. Pedestals require you to have the item you wish to display, buy or sell.

2 Likes

Yep saw, this topic can be deleted haha

As always, we’ll release it and you can try it. That’s the best bit about early access :blush:

2 Likes