What can i do about unwanted neighbors?

Ok so i have myself a bit of an issue, i have a new neighbor in extreme close proximity to my currently 2 weeks in progress build and i dont mind people living near me its just a garbage square green metastone hut with no roof and almost nothing inside. Is there any way i can get this player to move? i have plans for the area (its within 7 plots of my build) and it seems it was just built to claim area near me for the sake of claiming land. I have screenshots but i cant seem to upload them. Any help would be appreciated

Update: here are the screens

You can ask them kindly to move. Or wait until there beacon runs out of fuel. But they aren’t under any obligation to move. I have a similar thing. I built an ok house. Then saw a post about a tree house. There’s a hill with trees on top behind my property so I’ve built one at the top. Sadly right next to it is a small pink almost scaffolding property. Alas building close to it screwed up my mayorship for a few days. It’s a bit annoying it being there but that’s life. On the plus side there was a massive ugly build in front of my property (including a pattern built into the walls that was close to being offensive) that disappeared just before the weekend. I’ve since started building on this land. So the short of it is you win some you lose some.

You can talk to them? Lol maybe they’re new. Help them out instead of callin their build ugly. If neither one of these work you move or hope they quit and their beacon expires in a month.

1 Like

Don’t worry about build being ugly in your eyes. If player is active in game he/she will most likely improve it over time. Meanwhile reserve plots around you what you might need and make with that new neighbor new settlement together!

2 Likes

i have very little interest in building a settlement with a player currently, the build this thing is near is a personal base at the moment.

Then ignore him. If you don’t want anyone near you, buy all the plots. You have no claim to the land just because it’s near you.

1 Like

â– â– â– â–  poor system. and i assumed it was common courtesy not to build right outside somebodys door just because you can

You could always spend real life cash, buy plots and plot a huge area. Just dont block him in cuz thats griefing and against CoC

As far as building etiquette goes new players have no idea how to gauge it. the game comes off as “build with others” so it encourages people to build together

2 Likes

i assumed it would be as easy as asking the plot owner when they are around if they can build with them? i dont know maybe im just salty because i didnt want to spend alot of money buying cubits claiming a massive area around me just to be left alone to build.

Thats how you “should” do it but unfortunately not everyone knows that, especially just starting out

“Within seven plots” is not really considered “near”.

oh sorry the exact number of plots away he is is 2

Could just be a mistake. I plonked a short term base near someone else recently and didn’t notice, though it was more than two plots away.

Honestly, without meaning to sound harsh, move is your best option if you want solitude. Get enough plots to reserve your base and any area around you, you want to conserve / have as a view and take it all in one go. You can ask and they might move but they don’t have to and others will come in time. Theoretically you will always be able to find space, as they will bring on new worlds as they fill (I hope with reserved / built space as a trigger not just e.g. players active).

1 Like

Build a giant butt facing their driection

3 Likes

based on all the stories people have… i must have gotten very lucky… i have a neighbour above me up a hill and he hasnt made a single move beyond his base down the hill, i had a neighbour i built next to but gave him some space to build the other direction… but his beacon timed out… i am slowly staking out what i think is a reasonable space for future building… if someone came in and built near me… i think i would rather try to work with them, maybe say which direction i would prefer… it would be nice if you could leave messages though as you might not be on at the same time

I don’t have a very large place right now. Just something to store a few items and do basic crafting. During alpha and beta, I had this problem too.

The larger the building project you have the bigger this problem is going to be. It’s always going to be difficult to figure out exactly how large your project will consist of with plot numbers.

There is no real good solution to prevent people from building near you except for rental worlds that we can get right now.

Start off on an island in the middle of a lake, you can still easily expand plus it would be blatantly obvious if anyone then tried building right next to you. Preferably try to plot out the footprint of the area you would like to preserve first.

1 Like

I was going to suggest loud music… but this is way better. Might try it with my real life neighbours.

To save time, I’ll just post the link instead of repeating my post.