What did you do in Boundless today?

Decided to sell the farm to a land developer today wonder what they will be building…

3 Likes

As promised earlier, the SUNSET FORGE MARKET got equipped with LEDs!
For what? Well… they will lead you the way…to the Hub! I was for a long time convinced something like that is needed for such a long tube like market. No more wondering where you are at and where it goes to the Hub. Just follow the lights!

The portal that you see on the picture to the left, was before on the right side. That was a quick mistake of mine. It was meant to be on this side where it is now. This way you have also direct look at the open shops. :slight_smile: the shortcut portals had luminous tan lanterns as floor lighting. That got changed to orange just like on the other side of the shortcut.

Further, after changing direction signs, these ones needed a rework to. The shortcuts got now better direction signs so you can read easier where you are at once you go through the portal. Instead of 2 signs long, they are now 5 signs long. What else shall I do with the corner after all? It doesn’t have really a purpose, so I can easily just prolong the signs if it serves a good purpose :slight_smile:

This is the left side to show an example. The right side is similar.

8 Likes

I love the idea :heart: I may use it on my build

4 Likes

Today I messed around in the chaos. Didn’t really get anywhere on a workshop but I found a couple of twisted stumps jammed together in just such a position that they make a decent little 8-deep chunk. Sooo I built another trunk farm :rofl:

I was going to put a small machine room under it for making spark and doors on site but once I broke into the caves under the trunk, I wound up just making a little grotto of sorts.

Then I headed over to the shop I’m building and worked on some entrances and ramps.

It’s evolving. I went through a couple iterations of ramp, but they were running into the little corner gardens I made and also a straight ramp at a 45 degree angle is chunky. I wound up with a split staircase I’m going to replicate to all four sides, for now.

Other than little run at the new trunk farm, no block farming since last weekend :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Nothing exciting to report for my last session.

My personal “roadmap” is to get my main character to max level, thus after meeting up with Host & May and getting some supplies to make the grind a bit less tedious, I started mining on Cardass around altitude 21 to also have a chance to find some diamonds.

Thinking about prettying up my farm of crafting tables for any alts I’m gonna create - which made me wonder how many alts would be needed to be somewhat self-sufficient?

I’ve boiled it down to:

• Hunter - For maybe potentially participating in hunts and gathering resources from monsters;
  • Gatherer - For mining / tree cutting & surface resources
  • Crafter - For tools / weapons & more in-depth centraforging
  • Builder - Well, you know. For building purposes. :smiley:

During my mining session I went from level 28 -> 34(?) if I can remember correctly. Getting closer to my first set goal. Also trying to get some inspiration on what I would like to build on my claimed plot. Currently conflicted in either making:

• A shop;
  • A house
  • Basic storage room
  • Or something like eye candy to intrigue others to come and have a look (even though this is something I’m struggling with and will be put on the back-burner until I have made my decision on one of the above… And eventually combining it together.)

When I start my building journey I’ll provide some screenshots of the progress made!

Having a blast compared to when I first started playing on launch and loving every minute of it. Paired with meeting some kind people along the way!

This post has blown up in terms of context - sorry for the long read! If you see me in-game, give me a wave!

5 Likes

Cardass has topaz and sapphire, which spawn at a very different altitude range as well. I’d suggest Malurialakrib for diamond.

You can look in the Creations → Worlds section of the forum to find lists of what’s on the home worlds, most of us are using external sites like boundlexx.app or boundlessinfo.com to view resources on various worlds.

The following post is very old but it has a great chart regarding resource depths that can save you a bunch of time. You were at a good depth for diamond, though.

I’d add more but this is just a morning drive-by of the forum :rofl:

There’s lots to do! I created alts early on for almost exactly what you list - except additionally a miner. It was good while I was exploring and let me do a lot but spread things a little thin once I settled in to some consistent habits.

Crafter is for sure - it requires all skill pages to be able to permanently craft all items.

3 Likes

Yesterday

1. Completed most of the workshop builds I was working on.
  2. Started on a painting area to hold sprays and spray machines.
  3. Crafted about 400k concrete.
  4. Organized more chests into color storage, this is so tedious and I have so much more to do.
  5. Refilled a lot of shop stands.
  6. Started planning how I want to place shop stands in my color storage so I can start selling raw blocks for the color storage.
3 Likes

Did a bit of planning of the supporting structure (what ever it is :grin:) not sure yet if it is what i want or if i even like what im thinking though :wink:

2 Likes

So far today I spent a little over 90 minutes chiseling those ramps pictured a couple posts up all into tidy little stairways. Combining slope, bevel, and square chiseling into the simple looking arrangement is one of those boundless illusions where you need four layers of blocks to create something that looks roughly 1.5 blocks thick :sweat_smile:

Ah heck here’s another picture:

I’m still figuring out some of the details and decor where they meet the pyramid.

However I’d had my fill of that build and decided I had to finally do something about having a base. I summoned my inner @Peyago and got to work on an ‘ugly sky factory’ :rofl:

I’m not sure, 5 or 6 hours plotting over much of Better Chaos and then laying a roughly 12x20 floor. Not much to see here - full progression of machined metals and just a spot of gleam to provide some relief where it completely blots out the sky.

It’s hard to play with no real storage or workshop. And I’ve spent a week trying to decide if I want to blend in with the territory, or dig into the caves. Cant’ decide on either, so I ran with neither. This will do for a start :smirk:

OFC I built it in the bottom block of the plotted space so if I ever decide I want to do a mural or anything (some gleam pixelart maybe) to hide it from below that’ll require another 240 plots lol. When I thought of that I was too deep into placing the blocks to start over though.

I’ll place some machines and whatnot after dinner, but so far that’s what I’ve done today.

8 Likes

Today I saw another player on the planet for the first time in a while. Did a hunt. Won a sweet rift slingbow goes POW!!! Gained 2 levels on my hunter for that hunt.

Tried to find inspiration for the plot of land on the left:

but no luck.

EDIT: I also laughed (again) that my little farming manor is a “City” and 1/3 of the way to a “Great City” in and of itself.

5 Likes

This helped me out a lot! Though the terrain of Malurialakrib is very hard to traverse- at least starting from the portal entrance. Thank you for the tip :slight_smile:

Managed to find a good set of diamonds and reached level 40! 10 more to go!

Spent most of the day (or well… evening) mining and watching some youtube. Can’t wait to be able to start exploring more and building properly!

3 Likes

what to do today? well im going to tore my freshly built shop at Future Mall to the ground :wink: and claim bigger area a build anew, i saw a shop with layout perfectly matches what i want to build :smiley:
i think when ill made it ready all who knows that exact shop will see the reference :smiley:

4 Likes

Ah, another citizen of culture I see. Your sky factory is lacking in the ugly department, but I’m sure I can host a few classes for inspiration!

Edit: It has been an incredibly busy week, and I wasn’t able to get as much prepped as I had hoped. However, I was able to make around 150 mass crafts of bricks to finish my walls, so they will be getting done this weekend. I’ve also started processing my ore and turning my silver and gold into alloy so I can begin prepping to build the colony, seeing as the landing pad is nearing 33% completion.

I have about 1/2 of the black glass blocks I need, so only 200k more to go. Then I will need to determine if I am going to build the ship with iron, silver, or titanium as a base. I’m thinking iron with silver and titanium as highlights, but I need to do some test building first.

This is a smaller version of what I am planning. It is a build that I started but never finished back in '19.

10 Likes

Yoo, this looks amazing already. Very nicely done so far, can’t wait for the finished product! Is this build on a sov or public world?

3 Likes

That is a build that was ashed a couple years ago. I’ve been working towards building a colony ship since beta, but haven’t ever finished one. I’m planning on putting a much larger version of that that inside of this landing pad once I finish it. (Sorry about the rendering, it is too far for my laptop to handle.)

To put the size into perspective, here is @VerucaKatt’s town next to it. (I am on their tower.)

6 Likes

LOL @Peyago that actually looks like it’s going to be awesome. I’m still deciding what I’ll build up on that platform :thinking:

3 Likes

Not much. I’m surprised it works at all at once. It’s not perfect, but I don’t want to complain, it’s working and that’s the main thing. I took advantage of this and continued to build on the Farm Tool Shop in the SUNSET FORGE MARKET, forged a little and went on a mining tour.

On the one hand it’s funny, with a bugged account that makes it a gamble whether Boundless works or not, but on the other hand…

2 Likes

Did a bit of figuring things out… no real progress today. Probably Monday when ill play again :wink:

1 Like

I reworked an older building into a flower shop. A place to dispaly all the purple plant colors and some of the oddball seeds we can make.

6 Likes

Some little things here and there. The most noticeable changes or progresses are visible here:

From night orange to orange lanterns. Gives more glow and adds some nice detail. Loved the night orange too because it was subtle. Had though 0 effect on the wall as the glow is weak.

Noticed deco ruby melts too much with my strong orange linear mosaic and one runs easily past the portal :exploding_head: that’s a design fail in a way. Nice if things fit. But shortcut portals need to be more obvious. So I came with that result… what you guys think? Is it doable? I like it in a way, especially at night it takes more of the orange glow and makes it fit more in yet still standing out.

I’ve worked a little on the hallway. This lattice and foliage shall spread across the whole hallway. It’s much work. But I slowly add more and more of it. Though it has no priority. So I will most likely sporadic come back to it to work on it and make progress there.

7 Likes