What did you do in Boundless today?

Thanx EmBee , my first time doing a competition too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly, that’s none of your business and @Henk is under no obligation to answer you. :joy:

4 Likes

captain-america-i-understood-that-reference

1 Like

Today, with respect to Boundless, I wondered if Monumental really has any plans to restart development on Boundless and, if so, if it will happen in 2024.

3 Likes

I doubt it, but you know what they did?
They finally updated the team page on their webpage. There’s 14 people less than before.

1 Like

Interestingly, I just found this:

Monumental has acquired a mobile game studio called Kongregate:

Could Monumental’s strategy for all their games be acquisition-based and, as such, they might be looking for an acquisition that can take the reigns for Boundless?

2 Likes

Maybe the want to take Boundless to the wonderful and magical future land of the Web 3 and blockchain? :stuck_out_tongue:

Today I learned that Boundless shall fly to the mooooon! XD

Yeh the kongregate article on wikipedia is already updated too. Even with the state of things that’s quite an acquisition. I never really got into mobile gaming so still sort of think of them as a ‘flash games portal’ type site it’s interesting to read about where they’ve been.

It’s been a trail of acquisitions and dabbling with Kongregate. They might have some talent tucked away in there from that but also they never appear to have gotten into anything console-like at all.

I did get some insights earlier on into how the game is developed and for me it was pretty mind-blowing. I mean I’m a PC player and was thinking of Boundless in terms of developing a PC game but to be fair it seems like the actual game that got released (far from oort online and the turbulenz original engine) is far more about low level coding and custom building most of the stuff involved than anything built on a platform or certainly flash/html5/various web engines.

I’m not trying to say it’s magic or anything. I’m just saying that it’s unlikely this acquisition will bring that expertise. Still all it takes is one or more of the right people to get the ball moving. It’s possible they’re there.

This should hopefully also help with the people worrying that monumental is having problems. IDK what the target is but, they’re obviously still trying to grow.

All in all @Dhusk thanks for pointing this out. A bit of positivity.

1 Like

Woah, Monumental GOT Kongregate? Here I was thinking Monumental was some small niche company with very little resources, but Kongregate is a pretty big get. That actually gives me some hope that they could get something done for Boundless since they seem to have pretty deep pockets.

2 Likes

Monumental has had some mobile games prior to this. Their website list two games and 3 mobile games. But somehow Boundless is not shown. https://monumental.io/
If we even seen some patches deployed maybe. Enjoy the game as is but would be nice to see some updates or new content.

1 Like

I’m just done with assuming, waiting on, or hoping for anything to happen or change with Boundless… and ya know… I’m ok with it.

I just play the game anymore, well now I do after a bit of a break. There will forever be the argument from some people that it’s going strong with a lot of players, since there is no concrete player counts.

The positive I’ll take away from yet another acquisition is the fact there is at least the funds to improve Boundless. The negative is it doesn’t cost much to communicate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You must be reading a different forum than the rest of us :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think you are all going OT guys.

2 Likes

The forever argument that it doesn’t include PS players…it’s only concurrent players… etc. etc.

I say there are about 50 players in total playing the game.

3 Likes

Or was. :laughing:

@Monty is Burrito Bison coming to Boundless? It’s really fun game. :stuck_out_tongue:

You think there’s 50 people TOTAL playing the game??

2 Likes

Wait wait, I shouldn’t continue this. Just realized the topic of the thread is what we did in Boundless today. Probably not the place for this discussion haha

1 Like

Agreed. I personally came back after a good number of months away.

I plotted a ton…debating on what to build… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I came back after 4 years gone. I’ve been playing on a new character until I learn the ins and outs of the game from the beginning. I started a cute little place on a cliff

12 Likes