What do you play on?

I have a keyboard but if i’m lying back on the sofa sometimes I just can’t be bothered putting pad down and reaching for kb:p
I’m also using the virtual kb to write this (15 seconds to type 34 letters and a few spaces)

Um…what you said makes no sense… plus your name says you’re using Steam.

@Honourless so like 5 words a minutes?

But…I wrote 9 words in 15 secs. < I got that out in 8 secs, ps4 master race

@Honourless
It takes anyone with a keyboard half the time at least, to type even this reply that I am stating now which as a word count of who knows what…

Average word has 5-6 letters… We will say 5 for easy math… 34/5 gives us 6.8… so lets help you out and round that to 7 words per 15 seconds. 7*4 = 28 words a minute.

The average person types between 38 and 40 words per minute… gamers most likely would be able to double the average WPM that a normal user in that average would be able to do… you get where this is going.

Again using 40 for easy math… 40/4 = 10 words per 15 seconds.

The average person (your mom) can still do 30% faster typing on a keyboard…

P.C Master Race

You - 7 words in 15 seconds.

Your mom - 10 words in 15 seconds.

Your mom wins.

Damn man, you’re a really intense fella, aren’t you?

2 Likes

Ack! I didn’t even know there could be another option. So sorry. =(

I will send virtual cookies your way.

1 Like

PC + keyboard + mouse + xbox controller

1 Like

i’m using steam but steam on Geforce NOW see https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/supported-games/

(nvidia shield accepts android game/ Genforce NOW games/steam games/ or just stream to it from laptop/pc)

it accepts any controller so also the ps4 controller, connects that using cable or bluetooth.

then as for typing in game i use http://www.acrosscenter.com/

its connects your pc/laptop with other devices so i just connect to the Nvidia shield tv using bluetooth as wel
and i can swap between the Nvidia shield and the laptop with a press of a button.

PC player here. I own a PS4 but I like being able to use the graphics settings to turn down foliage quality when searching for ground resources etc. Then there’s the Debug menu which comes in handy for identifying block types/colors and also for having my altitude displayed on-screen the whole time when mining.

And then there’s the chat. Even with a keyboard, there’s still the awkward silences and death-stares while trying to get the words out. What this game really needs is integrated voice chat. Hopefully one day the awesome Devs of this game will manage to give us Oortians our voices. Time will tell. :slight_smile:

I’ve never known how to use emotes… I’m the guy the the death stare as I poke out a lame “hi”

I’m PS4 too, I plugged in my keyboard and life is much better for typing and controls!

How feasible is ingame voice masking i wonder? So your voice comes out sounding like the things we play as? I couldn’t use it but it’d be great hearing those gruff voices rather than…Well, you know

Playing on Pc atm but I also wanna get it on my ps4 :smiley:

The Xbox controllers definitely feel good to hold.

I use these on my laptop dedicated to solely old game boy emulators.

1 Like

Yea, that’s completely doable. There’s loads of voice changing programs/apps out there that you could use to change up your voice and carry it through in-game voice chat.

About 10 or so years ago I played a team deathmatch Stargate Mod for Counterstrike Source and had a voice changing app make me sound like a Goa’uld from the show. That was fun and had many laughs. Something similar while playing Boundless would be a lot of fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to use my xbox one controller if im playing Boundless at home. One day we will get around to adding the xbox icons for PC controls…

2 Likes

Ps4 with a little Bluetooth keyboard.

I play sitting on a chair with a nice cushion :slightly_smiling_face:

…and the laptops on the table in front of me :grin:

1 Like

ps4 player here, with two irl friends that occasionally play on ps4 as well, and my daughter plays on pc on my ea account

Ps4 for me