What do YOU think Boundless needs to regain more players?

you mean chat as in talking with mirophone wright?
that would be amazing if you can just talk to people who have the function on and have a chat while no need to interupt what ya doing

1 Like

I would like to ask some of you to please filter yourselves a bit when speaking of other markets/cultures. It comes off as a bit ugly and racist tbh.

We already have some players & at least one dev (I believe) of asian decent.

I understand the point you guys are making about playstyles in other markets being different, but itā€™s really no different than saying you donā€™t want anyone that usually plays FPS games to play Boundless. I play other games that have hundreds of thousands of players from around the globe and it works just fine. Players can only play the game as it is presented to them (aside from h4ck3rs - but that can be seen on the backend and blocked).

If another ā€œgroupā€ is hella competitive, so what? It wouldnā€™t have much effect in this infinite game. If another ā€œgroupā€ doesnā€™t speak your language, so what? It doesnā€™t effect you. We already have groups of players that have built their own non-english speaking communities. I hope Boundless will add full language files in the future, or country-specific servers so that more players across the globe can enjoy it.

16 Likes

I do believe more and more content will come out to keep people playing. I think there is enough now to keep people until the next big updates. Issue I would see for new players would be the lack of land.

1 Like

Merci beaucoup :pray::kissing_heart:

2 Likes
  • Makeing NPS that you can edit to give quests or hunt assignment and or books people can write in :smiley:

• A transport system of some kind that would allow you or others to get around fast on a planet (not portals) and make it use power or heat ;D

3 Likes

Eazyā€¦ just fix the game :star_struck:

2 Likes

ALOT more content. I really want more reasons to explore and settle on higher tiers. Just a brief daydream while slacking off at work hereā€¦I think adding permanent ruins with truly unique items and artifacts to explore and use would create a buzz and excitement. The ruins could add some lore to the game and give it a mysterious stories to uncover. But the storey is broken and sometimes cryptic and leads you all over the universe to known planets and sometimes to a complete dead end after a long journey. Part of this lore would be unique glyph blocks that can be taken and re-used in your base, or torn and tattered tapestries, signs with info on them that cannot be changed. These artifacts are truly unique, thereā€™s not multiple copies. But they can also spawn randomlyā€¦ perhaps theyā€™re not there when the first few explorers get to the ruins, but show up at a later date or special event. This items could also hold positive or negative buffs, or have an effect to alter your base prestige for good or for bad if stored there. Iā€™d like to see an Inclusion of special one of tools or weapons that are extremely over powered, something that was forged by our ancient ancestors with stats that cannot be duplicated in the current forge. Perhaps a flying buff, or a meteor summoning buff, or perhaps alters some mobs to protect you from other type of mob attacks, maybe it opens a temporary portal to a past planet or special exo. The tool/ weapons would have a limited life to it of course, to help create the incentive to explore more.

Why is this so true :joy:

1 Like

Yep I deleted my posts :blush:

1 Like

Completely agree with you Kal-el. Half the people didnā€™t read the subject line of the thread which is asking what the game can do to ā€œregain or retainā€ its current playerbase. Not attract more new players. And half of the people are chiming in and mentioning price point as a way to attract new players. And thatā€™s not going to help given how low the retention is.

I just returned to the game after a 10 month absence as I wanted to see if itā€™s worth playing or coming back to. I still donā€™t think it isā€¦sadly. At least not for me and the majority of those who left. Iā€™m sure those who play will disagree but the player count is back to pre-official launch numbers and thatā€™s sad. So the numbers donā€™t lie.

I wish the company wouldā€™ve kept its promise to build out the MMO-like features of the game that it marketed as. But so much time spent on farming features and more aesthetics. While these are nice features, it was never going to retain the playerbase.

PS- Nice to see some friendly faces still playing and keeping the light on.

1 Like

A challenge.

1 Like

That would be great, it would open the possibility of creating communities or towns dedicated to role play, and could even generate visits and interest in places like Twitch. Can you imagine being able to play role in Boundless?

I hope you are correct, but the data I look at worries me. According to the steam charts the game has lost more than 70% of its PC players in only twelve months, even after several updates

Sept 18ā€™ avg pc players - 354 vs Sept 19ā€™ avg. pc players - 95
Sept 18ā€™ peak pc 832 compared to Sept 19ā€™ peak pc - 171

Boundless also just had a sale on Steam but has not peaked over 181 pc players in the last thirty days. I assume they sold a few and new players are playing which makes me wonder if more veterans left?

following the OPā€™s point, I remember not that long ago seeing thirty or forty people at the old Ultima hub at any given time. Now when I visit the new Ultima hub I see two, three, or four people. Sometimes I am there by myself. Something needs to make this swing the other direction.

I would like to know how many players left due to losing all their work after their beacon expired. I bet it is more than a couple.

Orrian, I adore your builds by the way

3 Likes

Think you hit dead on target with that comment.

Personally I think thereā€™s too much tweaking based on dialog from these forums. I would really love to see the devs go dark on the forums, dig in their heels and start rolling out the content that theyā€™ve discussed and have secretly hidden. They are a talented group and have a great product and vision.

I love the game, and probably not going to leave it regardlessā€¦ but itā€™s stuck in mundane a rut. Still too much missing.

5 Likes

Data has looked like this for awhile. Dont worry.

Orrian being positive. I must not be feeling well.

1 Like
  1. Craft times should be reduced drastically or removed entirely
  2. End game

INB4 ā€œYou canā€™t remove crafting times because muh economee and you canā€™t have things instantlyā€¦ā€ People play sandbox builders like this to, well, build. They donā€™t play them to sit and watch a progress bar fill over the course of 45m just so they can enjoy building for 10 minutes.

If you want, make a separate mode that has no craft times and maybe a few other rule tweaks and watch as 98% of players move to that mode leaving only a small handful of ā€œpuristsā€ behind in the original mode.

2 Likes

From my point of view:

1. FPS ā€¦ my 8 at worst case is ā€¦ well special
  2. Chat systemā€¦ the 4,5minute delay I have on #all ingame chat panel does not encourage ingame communication besides /say /yell /whisperā€¦
  3. The ā€œlossā€ of everything you had in the beacon that runs outā€¦ it is cruel :-/ Been plotting plenty of expired ones, some do return and get them. but sadly some are past 3 months by now -.- but have seen the ones that comes back and nothing there as their beacon ran out while on vacation etc
  4. More wildlife
  5. I am no master of forgingā€¦ I need to look more into itā€¦ but certainly cursing the %ā€¦ when you 14 times in a row get loot magnet instead of AoEā€¦
  6. Player griefing / harrassmentā€¦ needs to be dealt with more hardā€¦ easy to say of courseā€¦ but bloody hell that was 3 long months earlier this yearā€¦
2 Likes

I think this gameā€™s target audience is a small, niche group. Given that thereā€™s absolutely no coherent (and in many cases conflicting) reasons people have given over the past year for leaving, it really does seem like not enough people want Boundless for what it currently offers, or will offer in the near future. While there are some people that may even be clinically addicted to it, Iā€™d wager thereā€™s a lot more people who saw it as a game with great potential, but that the potential was wasted trying to cater to more different playstyles in one game.

Iā€™ve said it plenty enough in various threads but Iā€™m happy to keep saying it, it was something that Boundless was advertised as going to have - Private worlds. Let people choose to play the game in a manner that they enjoy, and youā€™ll probably bring people back (as well as bringing in new people).

2 Likes

By regain players do you mean the players who left? Or do you mean player count as in replacing retired players with new ones?

If the later, how about a good playable demo to get people hooked? Maybe only allow T1 access or something like that. Of course that would mean they would miss out on hunts which is fun and a selling point. Hmmmmmm

Idk, just brainstorming

Creative mode would be awesome

1 Like

I am Chinese. There are many fans of sandbox games in China and Japan nowadays. I have let some of my chinese friends buy this game. They really want Chinese translation. LOL

10 Likes