What do YOU think Boundless needs to regain more players?

Lol you are right ^^ but repeating the last part^^ love it. Just awake and reading the last part made me think “where did i read this?” ^^😉

jajaja Sometimes it happens to me as an automatic translator of the page, I realize almost always but this time I had not reread it xD

1 Like

More players means less resources for me! Let them stay away please…:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

All of my friends that quit decided to because of a lack of mob variety to fight, they were ok with the simplified combat but nothing felt new with the rehashed mobs just buffed for higher tier worlds.

4 Likes

All good made it stick.

When I ponder upon this question, a question that has been asked by many generations, and many gamer civilizations pondered it just the same. A question directed toward the user’s personal experiences within this magical realm of Boundless, the video game.

The only real answer that comes to mind, the one answer that is the end-all, be-all of every question ever asked, by any human, by any gamer, and the answer that is given is … Needs more Cowbell! :cow2:

5 Likes

I am honestly confused by why a lower price would lead to a growing game? If the players that spent $40 or more on the game are not staying with the game then why would someone stay with the game just because they spent less? I agree you might get more players to try the game (like they did with the free weekend), but just because they try it does not mean they would stick with the game.

I have had friends that paid nothing for the game using backer keys, that have not stayed with the game. So if players that got the game free and players that got the game for $40 are not continuing to play, why would they suddenly play if it was $30? My other observation is that even when the game goes on sale, I have not noticed any permanent increases in the players.

This is not to say that the game does not need to change and does not need more players, it does, but I am not sure this is really the problem.

9 Likes

I don’t know about regaining but I just wanted to chime in that I think it’s a niche charm as the game is now, I burnt out abit a month or so again and I bought myself Borderlands 3 cos I was a big fan and I found myself playing in off and on for a week (a genre I’d usually sell my soul too and it would become my 2nd job playing it) but I came crawling back to boundless, did the same with the outerworlds, thinking that would be my new obsession I played it for a week, leaving boundless alone for that time but It just didn’t scratch the itch like those games used too, so in short thanks boundless for ruining all the games I used to enjoy for me and btw I’ve sent you an invoice for the cost of borderlands 3 and outerworlds! Haha

8 Likes

Because people are cheap bums.

3 Likes

Maybe, but just because they buy the game does not mean they will continue to play the game or spend money on cubits or Gleam Club which are what the game needs to pay for development and running costs.

4 Likes

It would be nice to give combat some love <3 And also some more mobs roaming around would be nice to see, they dont have to be combat types, they can be peacefull.

1 Like

i,ll read almost all the explained in this post and i am not agree with most of them.

mosto of peole in the post andin the suggestion post that i have already read suggest …more buff or help ingame…( to craft easily , to run faster, to be powerfull…etc etc…)
very thing in life and ingame must cost effort…where is the satisfaction if you earn all the stuff just by login and walk around your base?

Play the game enjoy it, investigate all the different features …
i could asume that almost 50% af all of us havent dicovered all the regions of all the permanent planets…and another % have not craft all the items that can be crafted today,.,.

I should give an advice to all of us including myself. Stop complaining and star enjoying the game.

Play It

:wink: :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I did the same lol. Luckily i was waiting for the new blocks to release so I had a chance to beat borderlands 3. No time for their halloween event though so i’m gonna miss out on those skins. I love borderlands combat which brings me back to my #1 point and what seems to be the common thing a lot of people are saying. Combat is probably the #1 or #2 priority imo for Boundless.

Currently it scales horribly. Mobs do way too much dmg unless you have a dedicated hunter spec with resistances. I remember my early days being a miner and trying to find a hotspot to mine for diamonds. Serpenserindi was terrifying to traverse and often resulted in a death or two before finding a place to dig underground. It’s one thing to have homing attacks, but when they one shot you it’s very deflating for a new player trying to spend limited skillpoints to be efficient at one thing.

3 Likes

awful english i have…

There is soo much I haven’t yet done in the game. I’ve never used the centraforge, and only just now leveled up a forger character past lvl worthless. I’ve never made a brew or pie, and never been to an Exo. Sure, I took a 6 month break but I’m also a slacker.

Crazy that I haven’t been to an exo because I had suggested it before they were added to the game lol.

I did become abit obsessed with trying to collect all the colours from exo’s and got silly what I was keeping just incase, you’ve saved yourself from hording nightmares haha

2 Likes
  1. Lower the price to £20
  2. a: remove anything in both the in-game and the steam/psn store that has the appearance of a lootcrate, existing players know they are not lootcrates but new players don’t, remember 1st impressions matter.
  3. b: with cubit packs add “Cubits can also be earned in-game” in the descriptive text in bold letters, this will tell new players that cubit packs are optional and therefore not p2w.
  4. increase the amount of iron on low level planets
  5. reduce some of the crafting times.
  6. remove the old screenshots and videos from steam and replace them with current ones that show current gameplay features.
8 Likes

Also a creative mode. People can’t just rip loose and build; you have to earn plots first. Sure, PC has test mode or whatever, but to build something truly epic you’re either going to have to sink thousands of actual dollars into plots or play tens of thousands of hours to earn plots.

On a side note, it would probably be cheaper to hire a power leveling service to earn you plots than it would be to buy cubits. AND you’d get skill points + reset points. It is what it is. (Do not recommend)

Private worlds + unlimited plots on your owned worlds = Boundless 2

Boundless has a great community! I play on Ps4 using a soft keyboard. With that said I think there should be some type of in game chat for ps4 and PC to be able to communicate better other than just texting and using discord. After a few mins if texts back and forth, I’m tired of typing. That’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

interactive build elements
to create storys
im talking storytelling books
triggers and gates
keycards and doors
quest build elements like collect this item bring it to there
get this item as reward
more themepark options like a rollercoaster buildset
more variations to go along with trampoline blocks
toolz to build ingame puzzle games
and games
a basic sport item like a ball
books people can sell
decorative item designer to sell stuff that feels like your own creation

conclusion
more stuff to be more creative and make builds fun to visit and interactable even when players are afk

6 Likes