What does the area you live in look like

Thought these shots of this cardinal in the yard came out well so thought I’d share them. :slight_smile:

Also, if any of you have seen the movie Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, you’ve seen my town. :smiley: They redid the town for the filming, must have confused the heck out of anybody passing through then, as everything was labeled Ebbing This or Ebbing that. Not the only movie to be partly filmed here, the wreck of the train from The Fugitive is just down the river from me - https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-fugitive-train-wreck-sylva-north-carolina

Content warning but a good view of Sylva in this scene-

2 Likes

See the Butt topic in the main section? Well, this will refresh your butt! :wink: Bust Your Butt Falls. Really, that’s the name (though it also goes by Quarry and Drift). Cold as it is I think it would be pretty refreshing! :grin: Also adding a shot of Dry Falls, did a little drive today. Too bad there wasn’t more snow left.

Edit: Also a shot of Silver Run from the other week… actually appeared to have gotten frostnip on my toes because of this shot, wore sandals and waded in the freezing water to get to the vantage point for this!

1 Like

Thought I’d share this series of cardinal shots here too, blossoms out now but I think they’re starting to go…

4 Likes