What exactly do I lose when the beacon dies?

Title question.
I have my beacon fueled for another week or so, but I’m out of town, and will likely not be able to log on before the fuel runs out. The structures I built weren’t great anyway, but I have a lot of materials stored on shelves and in workbench storage areas. Am I going to lose all of those materials and tools along with the structures, or will I be able to still access them somehow when I’m finally able to log in again?

You lose everything unfortunately. Gonna need someone to log in and fuel for you or hope a good samaritan will camp it out for you and save it

1 Like

find someone who can sell you some greater beacon fule or buy gleam club.

1 Like

if you’re away for several days, yes it would probably be all gone unles someone see it shortly after and saves it.

If you were just catching it as or just after it expires, then it starts to regen block by block starting at 255 and 0 (the extremities) and works its way back to the surface level. so the last blocks to regen would be at the natural ground level and the first ones to go would be at 255. Or if your build is more underground then the deepest blocks will regen first.

but yeah it takes 4 hours after the beacon times out with nobody close by for regen to start and takes several hours to several days depending how many blocks have been changed.

1 Like

Have you given beacon permissions to anyone? They should be able to refuel it for you. Or do you have someone you trust to log on under your account and fuel it?

I can supply a greater beacon fuel to whom ever you can get to refuel it.

1 Like

Ouch. Well, that’s kind of rough. I haven’t given permission to anyone, and I certainly don’t have the coordinates on hand to give to anyone here so they can feed the beacon for me. Looks like I’m going to have to try to get a friend to go to my apartment so I can try to talk them through the process.

Thanks to everyone for your offers to help out!

1 Like

when ya cant sort out this problem
come to me and i give ya a welcome back package and a construction set
just ping me in this post when ya back :wink:

3 Likes

even if you had the cords, other people can not feed the beacon for you since you gave no one permission to do so. The best you can hope for in that case, is for someone to take over beacon when it expires who is willing to give it back to you and not loot and ruin it. This requires very good timing to do.

1 Like

If you let me know the world and a rough guestemate of where the beacon is I can keep an eye on it… No promises that ill be able to catch it but my guild runs a “fire squad” for our members who arnt on as often or who frequently forget to fuel so I can add it to the list of places to check.

4 Likes

Very kind offer, thanks.

Lo pierdes absolutamente todo, si eres rapido puedes volver a recuperarlo ploteando, lo mejor es tener o hacer amistades las cuales te rellenen el faro cuando tu no estes, asi nunca se te apaga y un consejo para todos no dejeis las balizas menos de una semana de combustible hay muchos trolles en el juego esperando a que tu baliza se apague para quitarte todo tu trabajo, os recomiendo que cuando veais la baliza con una semana la relleneis de inmediato, repito hay muchos mas de lo normal muchos trolles esperando que tu baliza se apague para quitarte todo tu trabajo

Perhaps it’s an idea to buy the shortest Gleam Club subscription? 1 month?
Then for 5 dollar/euro it will stay as it is for a month and you can probably do that from a remote location. I think both Steam and PSN allow you to do so…

2 Likes

I’m probably wrong but I think even if you buy gleam club you still need to visit each beacon once for it to become active for that beacon. I had a few mining spots that I hadn’t visited in a while after getting gleam club and the beacons still expired.

1 Like

Wow. . I was not aware of that. We might want to have the developers indicate if this is what is supposed to happen or if you experienced a bug.

3 Likes

Do note that everything on your character and their ALTs stays. Additionally all your skills and character settings, etc stuff. You only lose what is in the beacon that expired.

1 Like

Well, awesome news: buddy informed me that Sony released a remote play app for the iPhone earlier this month. I downloaded it, and was able to feed my beacons about 10 minutes ago! So, my little crisis has been averted. Thanks again everyone!

3 Likes

This is an excellent distinction, thanks.

Love that app. Forging is a good thing to do on remote play since u dont have to move much

1 Like

What is that app called? I only found a third party app on the iOS App Store.

Edit: never mind, wasn’t showing up because I need to update my phone.

1 Like

Oh there really is an app by sony now lol. I’ve been using the 3rd party app for a while now. I may try out the sony app to see which is better

1 Like