What foods will be in Oort online?

Insane :sunglasses:

I have like 4 taverns set up that are just waiting for the addition of beer.

2 Likes

No they started drinking beer because they killed their civilization.

Stop the fighting,I didnā€™t create this topic for fighting.!!

Should we eat food,or not! Pick one

In this thread: Beer

Yes (10 chars)

Iā€™d love to add tea, brewing and different types (as a thematic alternative to potions) but thatā€™s totally my personal preference :tea:

7 Likes

Since beer has pretty well taken over conversation in this thread, Iā€™d like to suggest that beers (and teas for that matter) should have a brewing mechanic similar to the crafting discovery mechanic previously discussed in older threads. What I meet by this is that players should get to pick and discover the best ingredients to toss into a brewing vat (or in the case of tea, a kettle) to craft a variety of brews each with unique properties.

Taking it back to the original post, Iā€™d like to see food products sourced and crafted in a similar way, but with more possible combinations. Foods should range from very simple like grilled meats or raw vegetables to complex dishes such as pies or stews, pulling ingredients from multiple sources. More complex dishes should reward the extra efforts with greater buffs and benefits.

2 Likes

I also think that a food/cooking system in the extend of DonĀ“t Starve would be great for Oort.

That is a great idea, in fact we should have a (beer) like drink that give buffs. I donā€™t think it should be called beer,but Iā€™m open to ideas for a different name.
Groge,brew,caskā€¦thatā€™s all I could think of at the moment.

2 Likes

Maybe alcoholic drinks give you a strength buff but if you drink too much your vision gets all blurry (and maybe the character has a stagger animation)^^

i just think cooking and food should gives buffs too, i wouldnt mind having it a bit on the simpler side though, i liked ESOā€™s way of handling cooking and food, basically all food gave you flat buffs to stats while drinks gave you regen buffs to stats.

this would prob not be the best, i could also see foodmeter working in the game (the blue meter ingame is actually a hungermeter if i remember correctly) but i dont hope it will be like minecraft where it is constantly necessary.

these are the 2 ways they could be done, buffs which helps but are not needed, or food which keeps you alive and is a main part of the game.

1 Like

So you think food is a main part of Minecraft?

the fact that you have a hunger meterā€¦ yeaaah?

notice the fact that i said food not cooking.

Well for me the main part of Minecraft was building, exploring and fighting. IĀ“ve spent about 1/20 of my time playing on getting the ā€œhunger meterā€ up, thatĀ“s not what I would call a ā€œmain partā€.

Fineā€¦ let me rephrase it then

it can either be like ESO where you get buffs from food but dont need to eat or like MC where you die if you dont eat. that is what i call main part, if you ignore the system, you die. is that better?

Itā€™s an important part of survival minecraft, especially on hard mode. Without a decent food supply, you canā€™t do much of anything. Iā€™m ok with some degree of resource management in survival and rpg games, and I think that hunger and thirst (when well executed, mind you) should have just as much impact on game play as health and mana management.
@G_Sage, I think brew(s) would be a good generic name for drinks or potions in the oortiverse.

1 Like

thank you, you phrased it slightly less harshly than me xD

1 Like

Sorry but, that still sounds a little bit biased

How about:
It can either be a system that

• rewards you for eating.

or

• punishes you for not eating.

ThatĀ“s at least how I would phrase it.

1 Like