What foods will be in Oort online?

Well I’ve been thinking about the “Food System” that will be in Oort online,I wonder to what extant this “system” will be. Will we be able to craft different foods off the resources we get,or will we find/kill all the food we need. Will all animals give us meat(food)or only a few. Will all plants give us vegetables or fruits,or just some. Will there be water effects,like if your in a hotter biome will you need to drink more,if your in a colder biome will you have to drink less. Comment below and tell me what you think.

2 Likes

I think that having a provisioning crafting skill would complicate things, so maybe just having a simple food making system (like in Minecraft) would be easy to make, but is still kind of cliché.

I see where your coming from, but I don’t think that Minecraft is the game we should base Oort off of,we should strive to be better than Minecraft.

2 Likes

As much as I love survival games, mechanics like this just become an annoyance/distraction in MMOs (there’s so much else to do that it ends up feeling like a chore; not a challenge)

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of it as a annoyance. I still think it’s something to consider.

2 Likes

Totally agree! I love that mechanic in survival games! Just that translating it to big multiplayer games is difficult due to their social nature (just buy up some supplies before heading out - it devalues the gathering aspect)

You know what,I agree.
But, I think there should be something like that,maybe oortians need other things to survive.?

I’d like to see a variety of consumables providing an array of benefits like movement buffs, regeneration buffs, and hunger/thirst saturation. I don’t care for mechanics where food directly and instantly heals you, but I also don’t like minecrafts mechanic where you can’t regenerate health if your hungry. I’d prefer that eating simply increased your natural regeneration, scaling up for the percentage of food saturation, and starvation reduces your health to zero at a rate of about 1/3 the standard regeneration rate.

4 Likes

This is one of the best solutions I’ve heard for food on the forum :scream:

1 Like

To be the perfect game 2 foods are NECESSARY
Chocolate
Beer

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Why would the Oort drink beer?

I agree,he made it a science.

You ask WRONG QUESTION! :triumph:
Instead ask “Why would the Oort NOT drink beer?”

1 Like

Well, they most likely killed their whole civilisation, so drinking beer would be on the same line^^

1 Like

So you’re saying that they stopped drinking beer and their civilization died?
Everything is becoming clear :pensive:

No xD I say that there is a good chance that someone who kills his body would kill his race and vice verca :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well clearly you’re insane :smirk:
it’s probably because You don’t drink enough beer :yum:

1 Like

I think it´s time for a “What your favorite…” beer edition thread :beer:

3 Likes

Don’t starve makes it seem simple, throw some ■■■■ in a pot and BAM, meatballs or other stuff, wouldint be complicated if the ingredients made limited food items or varients of other food items

4 Likes

Is he, who says things you can’t understand, insane or just wiser?

1 Like