What is spray tintable?

Just wondering on what things can be spray tinted in the game currently :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anything that can be crafted from rock or wood and its colour is determined by that rock or wood. For example wood and rock chests, doors, poles, beams etc. Or you can paint the base material, i.e. paint plain rocks, then craft into gravel, to sand and then to concrete.

There might be an exception or two, but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

So i can spray tint wood trunks or just timber and so on?

Yep you sure can.

So if do a little math you can find the most efficient way to use your paint to achieve the end item result. Like 1 paint can does very nearly 3 concrete blocks if you paint the rock.

Huh thanks, i’m mainly asking this because of the meteor timers lately so now i have more types of meteors i can just leave to die to increase the timers.

Haha, fair enough. Personally I cant help myself from collecting everything that falls from the sky right now and I figure it takes around 2-3 days to grow a pigment but I can get 100s of pre painted blocks in no time at all, so why not. However if I need to make inventory space for that one last meteor then the wood and rocks are the obvious candidates for dropping to make room.

1 Like

True to that, some meteors with certain colours i may try to take bits off if they’re stone etc but yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So I have basically the same question for the same reason. Has there been any update to this or can you still only spray rock & wood?

So tangle, sponge, mould, gravel, sand, foliage, these can’t be sprayed either?

The only thing I have tried to spray so far was ornate stone doors, and was pleasantly surprised that I could! So it seems surprising that I wouldn’t be able to paint gravel/sand/foliage at least? I thought that I could spray those, so I’ve been skipping those meteors. Not sure if I’ll have to readjust my strategy now lol

edit: I am pretty sure I have sprayed deco gravel, which is why I assumed I could also spray gravel? Which is why I’m confused here. I also just assumed since gravel (i thought) was sprayable, so would be sand. Same with foliage because of trunks. My logic is obviously not perfect hahaha. Wondering if someone has a complete list of non/sprayable blocks?

Besides rock & timber, natural resources can’t be sprayed at this time. You were able to spay the doors because they are rock/stone and you can spray those blocks.

1 Like

You can spray gravel since it’s made from rock I guess

You can’t spray wicker despite it coming from wood.

You can spray concrete for some reason (presumably since it’s derived from rock) but can’t spray the sand it is made from.

I presume this is a long overlooked bug.

1 Like

Interesting. At least for the final products that can be sprayed, it seems spraying those (instead of the base block rock/timber) makes the spray go further. I do wish more could be sprayed though.

Thanks for the quick responses!

2 Likes

The opposite actually, in most cases. Since you can mass craft the final products, it is usually more efficient to spray the rock or wood.

I was thinking about marble, which I think takes roughly 2 (maybe closer to 1.5, can’t remember, but pretty sure its significantly more than 1) rock per final marble block. Marble’s the only thing I’ve crafted in mass and bothered to do that math on, though. Good to know that all recipes don’t follow that same efficiency rule! Will have to start doing the math before crafting/spraying anything

In that case, you’d want to spray the 45 refined rock, since any stage can be sprayed

2 Likes

Oh good tip! Thank you! Definitely didn’t think about that.