What is the 'best' slingbow forge?

Hands down. The multi shot can work best. But this is also comparing apples to oranges. Single shot, and Shotguns are best if used in their own way. If you’re fighting a cuttle in the air, the best bow is a single shot with any range.

BUT, there is absolutely nothin better than digging a refined 2 deep hole under a spawn cloud with your gleambow totem with aoe, and ripping apart the groups of spitters spinning in cirlces, and shredding the scrambling wildstock, because they are all stuck. The Multi-shot, I feel, has the best chance to kill the largest amount of mobs the quickest.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t like these spawn holes. Let the mobs stack enough and things start escaping. If they’re wildstock, you now have a even worse threat with holes you can fall in all over the place as they charge at you… or places where you can get hit by 5+ bombs at once cause they fall in the hole with you when cuttles/spitters decide to spam bombs.

You can make the holes deeper/larger to stop this, but then there’s still the problem with cuttles and also the problem of making it harder for multishot users to do damage properly as often half their projectiles get blocked by the edge of the hole.

This will prob mess with sword users as well once the update hits, as they may have to jump in the holes risking their lives to do damage.

I do hate trees tho, they can die xD

1 Like

I would say that it would be cool to forge some beginner hunter bows. I’m going to try to make these my first forges.

Essentially, they’ll do little damage, but will shoot fast, and far, allowing newbies the abililty to gain XP on hunts simply by hitting the animals before they die from more experienced shots. (I confirmed this was the case, if you hit an animal whilst others are also hitting it within a certain point of time before it dies, you share the XP gain)

This way, newbies can afford the bows (since they’ll obviously be cheaper, as they essentially ‘do nothing much’), they won’t be too hard to forge (in fact, minor faults could be overlooked), and it’ll get new hunters aware of how the attacking part of hunts work.

Stuff like this (and knowing that I wasn’t stealing peoples kills) would’ve been invaluable to me when I was first hunting.

Of course these could become a grifter’s favourite friend … but y’know … what doesn’t … I think most would take it on with the spirit it’s meant.

1 Like

My own personal preference is for the best snipers I can get. Combine that, rapid fire, fast brews, and some Starberry pies and Evil Paka is a pretty good killing machine. :smiling_imp: Ideal for my solo roadrunner hunting, but also, on hunts, there has been more than once now where I think I soloed a whole wave of cuttles that were at a good distance up. I’ve noticed shotguns seem most popular but the snipers are good for not just that but also being able to choose a spot and not move around so much and still do a lot of damage.

2 Likes

Actually, not by much, slingbow forges are 90% getting the right boons since that’s the hardest part :rofl:
16 boons dependant over 7 gums, with some gums having 4 different boons associated with it.

1 Like

Sure, but I’m just wondering … what if it’s just even a single level of additional projectiles, and maybe faster firing … would that be maybe worthy of some slightly lower prices?

AFIK there’s little in the way of low level bow sales, it seems to mostly be go big or go home. (which I totally get!)

Almost pulled my hair out because of this today xD. Don’t get me wrong, though. I do enjoy the existence of the forging aspect of the game. It allows for different creations and requires some degree of mastery which I find unique - when everything else can be created by everyone.

1 Like

I’d just say take unforged gem bows at that point.

This is actually worse, all other levels of multishot do 60% damage per projectile, but lv1 multishot (2 shots) have 50% effectively just splitting one projectile into two. Less damage if you miss a shot or shoot at mobs with armor.

1 Like

Like I say, though … doing damage isn’t the intention here … purely hitting the things is. Literally, there’s no other requirement for these ‘beginner bows’ … just hit as much stuff as you can whilst others do the killin’. :slight_smile:

As long as the newbie has struck them, they’ll get XP when they die from the shots of experienced players. This means that they learn, and eventually graduate to better bows. :slight_smile:

I always try to remind myself … and I am ■■■■■■■ useless at most things … that there might always be someone with less fundamental knowledge than me … and if I can help make that better, I will.

So … y’know … I’m going to be doing this, and selling super cheap multishot bows at some point for beginners.

Even then it’s going to be harder, with two shots, they don’t shoot where you aim, they shoot to either side of where you do xD

Honestly I’d rather have them use fast firing long range singleshots with dura since newbies prob would want their bow to be good, but last long.

I’ll still be selling them for whomever wants 'em :slight_smile:

From what I understand, basically what you want is a bow with the main purpose of letting newbies tag a mob regardless of damage?

I wouldn’t want multishot for that personally (unless it’s high tier multishot, but then you’ve made it expensive), especially if you need to aim away from your target instead of aiming at the target, that’s just plain terrible.

If i’m to make such weapon, my goal will be something easy to forge (to push costs down), and something that works well in all situations.
With these 2 goals in mind, I’d personally go for busy bee (you want to be able to shoot rapidly because you’ll probably miss often as a newbie), fly fast, and light flight (both are projectile speed, and light flight reduces gravity effect as well).
It will basically be a laser gun, minus the damage, so I think it works pretty well for tagging (though does anyone know if negated damage from armor would still count as a tag?).
And the main benefit will be the forging: All 3 uses the same gum, lightness. This removes a significant amount of RNG reliance, and reduces the cost by not using vigor catalyst to switch gum.

1 Like

ya, the cost is mostly in rng, not the level of boons. As for easy to forge I’d imagine it being something like effect gum plus lightness or longevity and just take whatever boons that come out of it as long as devastating damage is in the mix.
We used to sell titanium bows forged with this method for as low as 1k or just give them out to new players, but stopped since we couldn’t keep up with the demand

2 Likes

Good point, tho it’s not as effective as you think cause there’s a hard cap on how fast projectiles can fly. And I can see newbies getting discouraged since we’re telling them to just hit everything once instead of go kill stuff… or them burning through bows fast with the high action speed.

This did give me a thought tho, damage with both longetivity boons (dura and range) would be easy enough to forge and keep costs down, last long enough and do enough damage. Might make some of these to sell or give away.

Afaik, mobs must be killed while your hit is “active” - that is, within some time. Else, you don’t get exp. Reason why I went with high dmg bows for myself.

2 Likes

So fiddling with the forge simulator, turns out I can make gem bows with these at 3k coins each, profit included. 6-8 on damage, dura and range, tho it can vary a bit with RNG. Seems perfect for the ‘newbie’ bows and cheap enough at less than half the usual price for forged gem bows.

Only problem would be if I want to torture myself with more forging RNG to add these to my shop xD

1 Like

This is what I use, and I’m okay with that.
boundless_2021-02-04_20-26-45

1 Like

First Citizens and now Tubios? IF ever an Ortian reappears to reclaim the universe what will they think of us calling ourselves Tubios?

:laughing: they’ll think we have evolved :smirk:

Been trying for days now to get this set of boons, as I saw its effectiveness on some hunts… do you use boon transmute? I haven’t tried it yet…