What is wrong with the steam version?

Hey guys. Just bought this game and tried running it through steam. However, the UI is much more different than what is displayed on the forums (the hp bar is different) and everything starts lagging out after a short while. Is there any way to fix this? In addition, for the longest time, I was stuck in a chamber filled with lava and died multiple times there before eventually becoming stuck. I was able to emergency teleport out into a network of caves that I eventually climbed out of. I searched on this forum and found that someone else with the steam version had to update the game as he/she had downloaded the original version of it through steam. Anyways, I was wondering if that’s the case and if that would fix anything. I believe I’m on US West Berlyn. Please help, I really want to play this game and be involved. Thanks in advance!

That is the UI I see too. I think it is current. The following thread might give some answers on your lag. https://forum.playboundless.com/t/q-im-having-connection-lag-issues-help

1 Like

Alternatively, you can try using the “networktest” setup by the devs to see if this will improve your network issues.

3 Likes

Did you spawn down in those lava rivers, or wander down there? I’m curious because it sounds like you might have had a terribly unfortunate spawn that may be a problem to be fixed by the devs

the ui atm under development like @onebitknightly it said

Have you the lags outside the room with the lava too ? if yes something is wrong. Maybe try it in a few hours again (connection problem with the server or maybe a problem with you internet provider) or try the new testing version like @Lawrey linked

1 Like

I was spawned in a network of caves far below a hole leading to the surface. I tried to emergency tp out and got stuck in that chamber with the lava. I was able to emergency tp back to spawn and climb my way out but, when I jumped back into the game Iwas back to where I started.

Thanks, I’ll def. try this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

How would you input the unlock password in steam to use the build?

1 Like

I would like to know this as well. I tried Games>Activate a Product on Steam>Inputting SXG7buBiOohbTjQr3nz6 but this did not work and resulted in “error.”

Right click on Boundless in your Library. Select Properties and then go to the Betas tab. There is a field there where you can enter the password and that will unlock the networktest beta.

2 Likes

That’s a bug, you should spawn on the surface in a safe place. Sorry about that!

Something for @lucadeltodecso to look at.

@BidooBidee

if you by any chance know ‘where’ that was in which world, it’be helpful.

@olliepurkiss

can we get that from the analytics? :smiley: