What kind of new Blocks, would you like to see?

Mud blocks (slow to walk on)?

8 Likes

A 1/16th thickness ā€œstepping stoneā€ tile that can be placed on top of other blocks (such as mud) that makes it as if the player is running on solid stone. Place vertically on walls to give a tiled stone decorative finish to houses.

4 Likes

Maybe a two-way mirror?.. or if reflection is too muchā€¦ opaque on one side, can see thru the other side.

3 Likes

Some kind of porous block which gives off a harmful gas when trodden on or hit.

Coral or other types of fixed water creature/plants (would be nice to make swimming a requirement for gathering water based resources as opposed to just being a means of getting from one island to another).

5 Likes

We had a long discussion on that somewhere on the forums, on transparency and reflection. I cant quite remember but i think it was something along the lines of those blocks would have to render the entire world twice? making it extremely heavy on any computer.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know if this is in the game or not, perhaps the shards I very briefly read about will do the same thing, but how about elemental blocks.

Lightning block: emanates electricity, could be used to power things, makes hair stand up on the end of user carrying it. You take slight damage when mining it (unless wearing certain equipment), no damage for holding it or being near it. Could be used to craft a lightning based weapon (staff?) Cool lightning animation, purple/blue color.

Water block: not to be confused with actual water. Wet. makes splashing animation when walking on. Could be used as a water source. Could be used to craft a water based weapon (maybe a weapon that does ice damage). Cool water animation, blue color.

Fire block: glows and emanates heat, could be used as a light block. You take slight fire damage when mining it (unless you wear special equipment), no damage for holding it or being near it. Could be used as a crafting item for a fire weapon that can shoot fireballs. Cool fire animation, orange/red color.

Air block: Could be used to craft an air based weapon, something that pushes enemies back a certain number of blocks. Iā€™m thinking the block would look similar to the shouts or spells in Skyrim (in block form).

The Elemental Block: a combination of the lightning, water, fire, and air blocks. Could be a power source the titans use (if not to power the titan, maybe to power certain aspects of a titan, give the titan different elemental attacks). Could be used to craft an awesome looking weapon. Would have a cool animation, possibly changes color and animation or be a mixture of the color/animation of the other four blocks.

These blocks could be used just for decoration as well.

1 Like

we need that

1 Like

Purely just for snowball fights!

3 Likes

hah yeas totolly agree but i suck at em :worried:

Right, but itā€™s because you need a diffrent rendering direction and you canā€™t optimize the rendering process so well (eg. backface-culling)

3 Likes

Stepping stones sound awesome, especially if their edges were rounded so they actually looked like stones :full_moon:

2 Likes

Gas block.

Could have some kind of ground vents that poof up colored gas clouds from time to time. (so, a see-through hazy block of some sort). Not sure how youā€™d go about gathering such a block, or how to get a solid block to ā€œpoofā€ā€¦ or look like a gas and still be a block, but would have a lot of crafting/resource potential.

Considering itā€™s not a solid, I dunno how workable that is. Was just trying to think of something new and now I want to be able to place rainbow colored clouds for no apparent reason.

**Sidenote - can we get sandstone to drop when hammered? And maybe sandstone steps/slabs? :smiley:

2 Likes

Roboblocks (big fan of these) aaand Sunblocks (yes indeed a fan of this too!)

And what are those?

The roboblocks are the machine components or parts we have seen in sketches. Sunblocks would be a light emitting block which radiates light onto a larger surface .

1 Like

Soā€¦ Gleam?

2 Likes

Maybe even stronger than gleam or the lanterns. Although, if you sum up a lot of gleam it could also increase the radius and brightness of light. Now, I believe, it is not like that. Iā€™d have to check though.

1 Like

But basically i wanted to have humming gleam blocks - buzzing or humming machine parts would be more reasonable.

1 Like

2 Likes

would love to see more aesthetic pieces! (colorful blocks / colored glass / more colors in the biomes themselves, additional tree types, white sand / colored sand, play more with glowing blocks - i will do just about anything for glowing blocks. theyā€™re my favorite. different water color blocks?)

2 Likes