What makes your settlement awesome?

Hello! I rarely get around to walking above ground and was wondering if anyone wanted to do some rightly deserved bragging about their settlements?

Do you have a theme? How is the community there? How do you see it developing in the future? What are you the most proud of? What do you want people to think when they walk through? (Picures welome! Please feed my at work boundless addiction!)

2 Likes

My Settlement has me living there. Enough said. :crazy_face:

Edit:
But seriously, I’m sure Gill, or Cloud will see this eventually and post something about it, I’m sure. Cuttletrunk Federation for the win!

I live in a small hut, made of rocks.

1 Like

in the aquatopian embassy im pretty proud it grew so big for just being our temp living space and embassy
although we build it on a foundation with zero rules
i think there was olmost none plot dispute that i knew off
we all just get along
in our weird mess off milion diferent builds
i call it the aquatopian stoneage
pretty soon we will find our place off origin and build something insane there (wish i could tell more bout it :frowning_face:)

4 Likes

thats pretty unique type hut in google see how many are made off rocks lol

3 Likes

Clay could count as rock, no?

yeah is boundless we say you use clayrock

More Dirt than Rock, but Baked into bricks, it could be rock like

im slowly solo building a base inspired by stargate atlantis, called Atlantis oddly enough, with a portal on Boori PS behind the grov te portal. Its still very much a work in progress but the main SHOP room is done just needs more stock. There is a nearly finished underwater tunnel going to the mainland which Im going to build a small village on as well, I’d get more done if I stopped mining and shopping lol…

1 Like

Do you have a theme? No. However if I was more talented. It would be Freljordian themed.
How is the community there? Non existent
How do you see it developing in the future? To something even larger
What are you the most proud of? It is mine and the capital of the world I live on. and I have done all of this solo.
What do you want people to think when they walk through? I don’t really want people walking thru it at this time. It is a massive WIP with only one attraction at this time.

1 Like

My “city” is being constructed as a port town. Complete with a Lighthouse, 2 large bridges (that will connect the city, once I can find the time to build on the other side!) and streets paved with gravel. I’m using minimal gleam and sticking to lanterns to light the docks and houses. Trying to keep a rustic but prosperous look to the port town of Niede.

3 Likes

I would like to inform you that my settlement was #! on my planet for several days. I, uhm,actually didn’t know how to name my settlement so I was #1 in unnamed settlements. (blush)

Anyway, my settlement is on two sides of a river. One side has a beautiful grove of trees and when the sun hits them, they are one of the most beautiful sights I have seen.

The other side has fewer trees, but has a desert landscape with downed trees everywhere, practically, at least until I harvest them. That side of the settlement also has a deep cavern which I have built stairs down going deep underground so miners can have access to the depths.

The two sides are connected by bridges over the water and each bridge is covered by a translucent vegetative awning which gives protection from flying creatures and bright sunshine.

When the sun sets the view is tremendous and from the protection of the clubhouse windows, a truly awesome vista.

P.S. Oh, and I have a giant sword and shield on the desert side. There are no residents other than myself, but I have several roads that abut my property line so settlers can easily connect their own homes, businesses, or builds.

2 Likes

My roof is really cool.

No, really.

So are my bridges.

High Ridge

PS Grov te>PS Storis…straight ahead and slightly left to my portal.

1 Like

Well in Boundless, bricks are apparently made from rocks, and other random bits and bobs - so you basically live in a house.

Lol does it count, if it has no roof?

1 Like

Someone get poor widowmaker a roof.

1 Like

yeah it does roofs have zero use in boundless all it does it block daylight

but it also has a wrap around porch… so… and a garden inside…so what do we call this?

A gazebo? Walled park?

Walled park might work this is the best photo i can give as its too big to take with one picture.

Ignore the gleam, its coming down and being replaced with something else.

http://prntscr.com/lifm2x - Sky view

http://prntscr.com/lifmr1 - Garden

http://prntscr.com/lifnyk - Wrap around porch, goes all the way around my base. (unfinished)

So hut, house, walled park?