What music you listen to when you game?

I have loved you for a thousand Lifetimes - Michael Whalen

Slow and mysterious

This is my ā€œGet hypedā€ song

1 Like

One of my all time favorite artists. :skull:

Such a beautiful soundtrack! I always put this on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eyyyy my kind of people :smiley: Who do you guys listen to?

Well of course the old school rappers (eminem, tupac,etc).
And iā€™ve recently discovered a guy named Ashtin Larold! Heā€™s a great rapper and you should really check him out :smiley:

Wheee I love finding new rappers Iā€™ll look him up when I get home :smile: Iā€™ve been listening to a lot of Spose and Sadistik lately, with the occasional Aesop rock because who can resist big words and rapid fire lyrics

Mostly swiss or german rappers which might not interest you^^ But for the english ones, some eminem songs are great and Fort Minor. That would be it from the top of my head^^

i listen to audiobooks while playing i prefer horrorbooks my fav is IT by Stephen king

Iā€™ve never actually minded listening to foreign rappers or music in general, I always thought it was interesting to see how different cultures approached music making :smiley: not understanding the lyrics can be annoying from time to time though ahaha

In that case^^ since switzerland has 4 languages we also have rappers in those languages. I only listen to two languages, tough.

French:
Stress: he makes really good and meaningful rap. Although, the latter might not come across if you canā€™t understand him^^

Swiss-german:
Breitbild (literally translated ā€œbroad picture/paintingā€^^): They make more happy rap with fast lyrics.
(Their dialect is from grisons if that interests you^^)

Sektion KuchikƤschtli (translated ā€œsection cupboardā€^^): More melancholic rap, but I think they also have some happier tracks.
(Dialect from Zurich)

Bligg (translated ā€œview/sightā€): He makes music in many styles and rap too. Most of the time critical of society.

There are many more but that are the ones that came to my mind just now. Also there are some great german rappers: SDP, Blumio, Weekend and others.

P.S. sorry for the long post^^

Then you should check out ā€œDie Antwoordā€ (south African ā€œrapperā€) but be warned, they are very freaky/creepy :smile:

OHMYGOD I HAVE!! lol my girlfriend made me listen to a bunch of their songs after watching Chappie since they were the main characters, theyā€™re interesting but awesome :smile:

for people who like rock you and a capella you should search for ā€œVan Cantoā€

Thanks man Iā€™ll start looking into them now! Iā€™m excited to see how similar/ different their raps are from what I listen to :smiley: after a few times listening i usually skim over the lyrics of songs anyways so I donā€™t think the language barrier would be too big of a deal :grin:

Out of curiosity do you speak all those languages or do you just enjoy the songs?
(and no worries i like long posts, more fun to read ahaha)

1 Like

I speak swiss-german, german, english, and french (not fluent enough tough^^).
Understanding languages was always easier for me than speaking them so I can understand the lyrics pretty well^^

Thatā€™s impressive, Iā€™m still working my way towards learning my second language ahaha any tips for a beginner linguist? :smile:

Play more games and watch more tv.

Hm, if English is your mother tongue Iā€™d recommend a german language (aka. Dutch, German, Swiss-German etc, not sure if thatā€™s the right name for them^^) since they have similarities.
But generally any latin based language is equally difficult (at least for me) and will help you understand others of the same origin. Those would be: French, Italien, Spanish etc.

I just realized you might want tipps on how to learn the language^^ so yes as zouls said, do as many things as possible in that language. Best are things you enjoy so itā€™s neither a chore nor does it make your everyday life more difficult.

Besides that we turned this thread into a language thread, again, which language are you learning?^^

1 Like

Been listening to ACDC recently

1 Like