What musics do you listen to?

Manowar, Metallica, Ozzy, Dio, Iron Maiden (old singer), Pink, Atrocity…mostly fast tracks as the game and the Music in it makes me overly sleepy.

1 Like

Also for posterity.

And it was considered off topic last time.

1 Like

im always rolling with some aquatopian vibes :peace_symbol:
when im making teaching bread’s

building session

when im cooking i go macka b

when im fighting

when im mining

when im farming
1 Like

Mortal Kombat theme song…not lieing it is my phone ringtone!

First got into these peeps in the late eighties while an art student and could handle a toke or 2, now still listen but clean living and sound like a bit of a twerp if I say “toke”.

2 Likes

I meant to move it and then bump. Haha

1 Like

For battle music look up The Algorithm btw. Part chiptune/electro/techno part metal

If those are enough for you, great!
Personally I got very quickly tired of them. There’s 12 hours of soundtrack, and most of it sounds bland to me. Un-inspiring.

Witcher 3 has themes for many situations, too.
The relaxing themes are great. The combat themes are great. Some other themes are mysterious and evocative. The themes of Toussaint are magnificient. The themes associated with Gaunther O’Dimm are really ominous.
Special mention to the duo “Silver for Monsters… …Steel for Humans”. Also, from “Heart of Stone”, the song “You’re… immortal” is just awesome. Totally sells the actual combat tied to it.
“Would you wait, sir, for the dribble to subside?”
And they all have vocals, which is just the best thing ever, to me. It’s inspirational, creatively.

Which reminds me that the Hitman games also have some very impressive vocal musics, since the first game. The main title of Silent Assassin blew me away when I was 12. Blood Money went even further with Apocalypse and how they introduced the Ave Maria which is now often used in the Hitman franchise.

Then there’s Batman. Everybody goes on and on about Hans Zimmer and his fog horns, but I’d say that’s spitter-farts. Batman musics with vocals are the way to go. It goes so well with the gothic style of Gotham City. While I’m at it, I added a bit of music to a video of me kicking butts in Arkham Knight.

On a completely different genre, I also really appreciate some musics from the game Celeste.
Like “Reflection” which, IMO, should always be listened before “Confronting myself”. You can almost tell they were made that way.

I should also mention how Undertale and Deltarune, despite having 8-Bit musics, both have a great fanbase which will often make awesome remixes.
Like, I already love the original “Fields of Hopes and Dreams” from Deltarune, but this guitar remix just makes me shake my head in rythm every single time.

My biggest and most well known build on Creativerse was made while I was listening to Sonic’s “Sky Sanctuary” theme, and I got most of my inspiration from the associated levels.

I should also mention the musics from World of Warcraft… but which ones? There’s sooooo many to chose from. I’ll be the first to say that the gameplay isn’t compelling anymore, and the story barely ever was a great example to follow… but the art team was always on point. The 3D models, the textures, the music…
I remember spending SO MUCH time listening to the very inspirational Alliance musics and the powerful Horde themes. One of my favorites might still be the theme from the Culling of Stratholme, which has lyrics that sound like nonesense… but are actually latin (Annona frumentum. Effeci funestus. Veneficus fatalis. Ex fervor incendo.), and can loosely be translated to “The price you pay for the grain comes from the grain itself. It’s disastrous effects, a deadly poison. The fires must be lit.”

In a very different genre, when I was a teen, Prince of Persia : Warrior Within introduced me to Godsmack. Still love to get back to it. Those devs from Ubisoft were so deep in that band’s music, it was oozing everywhere.

Otherwise, I often find myself listening to things like Caravan Palace’s “Lone Digger”.

Rick & Morty also has some awesome songs (what? not what you were expecting? :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I could go on and on, so I’ll end with something very quotable that my friends and I love.

3 Likes

High time you joined your niece to Reading festival. Never too old to rock! Join me at rock Werchter next week :smiley:

1 Like

I listen to the boundless soundtracks for building but for mining and gathering I just put my Spotify playlist on. Only music I am not a fan of is rap music so my list would be too big to list here.

Depends on what I feel like listening to.
-Sometimes I listen to the LotR soundtrack. Other times I’m listening to Gojira, Chevelle, Disturbed, Motionless In White, or similar.
-Then there’s Sullivan King, or an awesome dubstep hard bass beat. There are other things I listen to, too many playlists to count lol, but those are the main sort of things I listen to while playing Boundless or other games.
Along with music, I’ll have a few tabs open (including youtube), while playing. On occasion I’ll have blender open, or gimp.

I listen to one of two Spotify playlists
This one i began in 2015

Or this I made this month.

Thought of this topic, found it, and thought it would be nice to revive it :smiley:

2 Likes

A few days ago, I’ve started doing some major reworking of a big chunk of our build, and as stated elsewhere, my first thought was “We’re back in hardware mode” :

Since then, incidentally, I’ve been playing a loop of all of Marvel music related to Tony Stark :

Works great for my productivity! I feel like I’m re-inventing my build. ^^

1 Like

La vraie Émilie dans Paris :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sandcastle conteste :octopus:

1 Like

I miss millennium eve… :unicorn:

1 Like