What purpose do caves serve?

So, I’m out here on Lamblis looking for silver and jump into my tenth cave and all I find is very few amounts of copper and coal. So what’s the point of caves? I’m using the atlas too but all I get is this bright blue glow that doesn’t tell me ■■■■.

I remember cave walls used to be LITTERED with metals, it was pretty fun going into a cave. Now it seems completely useless…

3 Likes

Kindling, combustion, goo and boulders spawn in caves. Depending on the planet and the tier, some caves are fairly useless, but on other planets they are chock full of goodies.

3 Likes

Also, different materials are more common at different depths. The caves may not be at the ideal depth for the resources you seek. You can check your current altitude by going to places, then locations. You probably needed to go deeper to hit better seams…Even then, what you find exposed in caves may be limited

1 Like

Sooo, I’ll have to use all my iron hammers that are a slight grind to craft in theselves to then mine grind long hall ways under the ground early Minecraft style to find the 10 silver I need so I can build more refiniries so I don’t have to wait 1 day for all my refined blocks to finish so I can finally build a big enough base to house the gaziliobn machines and storage blocks I need??
It’s really cool 900 mined rocks turn into 100 refined ones. Big game. Great fun. Endless grind choochoo.

I think it may be time to quit. ■■■■ it. They really ruined this gameholy ■■■■. It’s soooooo ■■■■■■■ boring and a shadow of what it could’ve ben, Going vack and forth with materials to craft and craft and craft anmd get nowhere really is mind numbing hooly ■■■■

Most people start a small shop selling those things that they have an excess of. This shop can then fund better hammers. Better hammers causes you to have more ro refine and you level up. Leving up causes you to be able to use better skills and that causes faster mining. Not saying it isn’t a grind, but some people find the grind rewarding in a way.

8 Likes

This is a friendly reminder to keep your posts civil. People are being very helpful & kind.

17 Likes

At low levels, I would not suggest mining your own stuff up through the levels. I did the same thing when I started playing, and it was not a great experience. Took forever. It is much easier to gather plants and sell them, or join a hunt and sell the drops, then buy some higher tier hammers. That lets you jump from iron hammers straight to aoe gem hammers and moves the progression through the stages much faster.

3 Likes

So what I hear is that you don’t like the games progression. You want to skip steps 2-9 and go right from 1 to 10. Unfortunately, that’s not the way it was designed, nor what the majority want…

You’ve been given a lot of advice in other posts, and I don’t see that you want to take it seriously.

You could use a basic axe and go to the T1 Black and Blue inky leaf farm off tnt. Spend an hour or 2, and you’ll be able to sell those leaves for about 30 or 40k+. Then go buy an aoe hammer and whatever other tools you need. Rinse and repeat until you progress where you want to be.

Join a guild that is willing to help newer players (haven’t seen you ask). Or play on a creative world, I believe at least 1 is open to all on TNT. So many options, but I guess some of today’s generation wants the corner office right out of college, and that’s just not how the world works, lol

8 Likes

Where’s a good place to set these shops that’ll make actual money because I remembe rttwo years ago I set up a shop in my base and iti didn’t even generate any footfal lmao.

My frustration is not directed at the people here but the absurd grind that’s suposedf to ‘fun’. It’s just ridiculous. I just ned four refinireis and that shouldn’ttake me 5 hours of grinding. Jesus.

You’re much better off using the “butt” to find request baskets. No waiting, instant cashola

4 Likes

What’s that?

https://butt.boundless.mayumi.fi/

Helps you find shops to buy and sell things.

6 Likes

Google boundless Universal trade tracker. Shows who’s buying and selling any item in the game. Apologies if I sounded a little gruff, I love this game and get a little protective, lol

1 Like

The main purpose of caves is to give Batman a suitable location for his base.

15 Likes

The grind will always be there, some like it and others don’t. Hit me up in game and I’ll give you some refinery’s. I play most evenings CST. Game name same as forum.

2 Likes

Yeah, lmao. I find it a shame because caving used to be fun. Grappling around finding all kind of goodies was satisfying. I’m sorry I’m so dark and negative lol

1 Like

You can also find me in game and I will help out with some hammers to get you started.

7 Likes

Boundless isn’t for everyone. In the beginning as a solo player it can be daunting. As is the way with these types of games. Luckily you found this place and there’s many helpful ppl that would gladly take you into their guild or help show you an easier way if solo is your preference. I assure you it can be done if you have a little motivation to do so.

On topic cave+atlas can help you find the things you need. I just think you are not looking in the right place and you may be too low a level to go to the good places. I’ve been making millions digging around :wink:

Don’t give up hope yet. The glass is half full :hugs:Look for a guild or find someone who will help you get on your feet.

4 Likes

Googling says inky leafs are tier 6. I can’t go to tier 6. Inky Leaf - Boundless Wiki

They drop from Rosetta nox on T1+

Edit: on T6 they drop from some additional sources, which is what that is saying I think

5 Likes