What’s happening?

Any news on what’s happening with updates on this game?

The huntress?
Shields & melee weapons?
Titans?

We hear about this updates coming but they don’t, was wondering if they is any news or if they has been an update lately?

3 Likes

Nothing yet mate,
Few new players from the sale week- we need to bring everyone back hahah.

Last update about the situation is that team is working on Bg3 atm. Boundless is on hold so it mean all the updates Also are on hold.

Someone from Square Enix suggested they are not getting enough money from sales and gleam club to put more money into development (can find posts if you want), because of this they said they were giving Wonderstruck all the returns from sovereign rentals to put into development.

My guess is they took on BG3 to allow time for the money from sov’s to reach enough to put another serious development push in.

Buy planets! (if you can)

10char

Thats the last update we received on the status of the next content update.

Heres the link to the comments from Square Enix;

There are a few comments in the thread by [philelliott] One above the one I have linked to , some after.

So the games coming to an end and nothing we can do about it? Trying to work out if they is any point in me buying any more gleamclub then. Oh well, thanks for the update guys!

Cookie Kingdom will be a landmark city til the end Boop
if you wanna build something that will be around til end of days boop think I still got a couple hundred weeks of GC gonna add more when me start earning again boop

2 Likes

I see it as “on hold” and I’ve recently started paying for gleam club again, to make sure I’m doing my part to ensure the survival of one of my favorite games. If we all jump ship it’s doomed for sure. But you do you :wink:

6 Likes

passive-aggressive much?

That’s a matter of perspective. I think he’s being realistic. He comes to see if there’s any update because it’s strange to come on the forum and notice a lack of new messages in the official update/news threads (to the point the thread of update 249 has been automatically closed for inactivity).
It’s trully abnormal for such a game to be left without updates for nearly a year.

Can’t blame him for being disappointed. It’s not his fault, it’s not your fault, it’s not my fault, it’s not Cookie’s fault, Ardele’s fault, Grimdian’s fault or Samski’s fault. It’s not even Jeff’s fault, ain’t that crazy?
It’s all on the devs and possibly Square Enix.

5 Likes

I put a good chunk of cash into GC and some cosmetics. Whether that will be a tip in their final jar or an investment in the future only time will tell.

Wonderstruck earned my goodwill a long time ago during launch.

From making this absolute gem of a voxel game to interacting with the community in a swift and engaging manner through the years, I raise my glass to this dev and their dedication. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out if this is a bump on the road or a farewell to the IP.

3 Likes

We have been told very little as far as what is currently happening other than what @philelliott enlightened us on and the one post from @james. I would hesitate to venture a guess on the game’s future as that was never really discussed in any form from James or Phil.

Phil did mention that the game was losing money and that Square Enix would not make the money back it lost, but that still doesn’t foretell the future of Boundless.

If you enjoy playing it, play it like it’s never going to end, if you don’t enjoy it, move on.

4 Likes