What turns you off playing Boundless?

Yeah, I find weather to be really really really annoying. For example in Minecraft I would immediately run to bed or do command to stop rain, I just don’t like rain in games. For Boundless I’ve been modding files that dictate weather just for the reason to not have to listen to rain, especially when it’s heavy rain mode.
For me this is sacrificing player comfort for the sake of “realism”, yeah, as being a cat-man building in space and traveling to other places via portals is totally real. There was so much complaints about this that I really can’t believe developers just won’t budge about it. Give us this little improvement that really annoys most of the people who are playing the game. Why is it soooooo important to have rain 24h. Also, I really don’t know part of real universe where it’s raining 24/7/365. Even in rain forests there are periods of clear weather.

2 Likes

Granted weather “cycle” can be annoying but doesn’t it also depends on “zone” you are in.

Btw If you want to compare the weather cycle to MC, outside of a dessert zone even if it didn’t rain/snow every day most times it looked to me like it did every single day in game.

Thing is the weather that annoys you the most. You see the most even if it isn’t so.

Don’t know exactly if weather is depending on zone in boundless but it isn’t rain that is annoying. Find the thick fog more annoying when building in a dark area and you can barely see anything.
But to say it makes me stop playing boundless…

HELL NO
Want to quit irl. To make more time to play boundless even if it still has to grow, some areas need a redo or a fix,…
But there are already topics dedicated about those facts.

1 Like

yes because as it bores me, I focus more on it so it means that I am condemned to live in a world with rain 23h irl on a day for ever ???

Funny way to experience pleasure
Have you ever played with non stop rain, never snow, rarely the sun and the rain non stop every day every week all the months all the year ??

and yes if nothing is done at this point I will leave boundless there is others games too :wink:

Absolutely this for me! :smiley::+1:

That said, I do agree that it would be a good thing if the faucet were turned down a little, particularly on the lush worlds. I don’t mind it too much personally, my reasoning for it is, it really ruins the look of screenshots and streams. Take the latest exo - it is gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: But, I’m having to wait often with the lush exos to try to grab screens, because it rains so often on them. Seems to be at least half the time. The screenshots and streams players share draw people into the game, so I’d make the argument that cutting back on the rain helps it look better for players who might be interested.

3 Likes

Boori is a lush world :joy:
when I settled in, I don’t take into account the weather but now i regret because that impact on my gameplay

About what said pajew its this for me too clearly the best thats why i hope they will consider people who complain about rain.

I think moving to another place really is the easiest and only option. Planets and biomes have fairly intricate weather simulation based on humidity, vegetation etc.

2 Likes

Ok thanks so my zone is 23hours on day raining super.

Thanks for the info :wink:

yeah, I know about that post, but it still doesn’t convince me that it is not broken broken as hell. If devs were playing in those conditions I’m sure it would change very quickly. From what they are saying I have a feeling that they are not aware how much it really is raining and think that players are over-reacting. Devs are convinced that system is working perfectly.
Rain really affects visibility, especially when it’s heavy rain. In game where all is about building the most beautiful thing you can imagine I find it a bit crazy to have that something hardly visible 24/7

2 Likes

looks suspiciously close to you @majorvex :grin:
is it a young you?

could pass for @bucfanpaka as well :thinking:

… and @Leahlemoncakes :wink:

5 Likes

Hehe, very funny… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

once a cutie - always a cutie :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Aww thanks!! :smile:

2 Likes

it seems to depend on biome: in some areas (where I built bases and spend quite a lot of my time) it’s really a lot (be it rain or snow), but other seem ok to me

wouldn’t mind if it was toned down a notch though

4 Likes

On Boori it’s like 20 minutes raining, then 20 seconds break, then again. You literally get a moment to reflect on how it is nice when it’s not raining and then it starts again. I don’t think that’s what developers wanted with weather system.

1 Like

I have my main base on Boori - it’s either I got used to it or it’s not as bad where I am.
Maybe you are in a rainy biome?

1 Like

I do pull that face more than I should… :laughing:

3 Likes

that wouldn’t turn me off playing Boundless (attempting to stay on topic :joy: )

1 Like

what really seems to happen too often and last too long for me is nights though…
probably matter of perception - what one doesn’t like, seems to linger endlessly

5 Likes

Though I find the nights quite beautiful and personally enjoy them, it is when I hit new exos that they seem to last a long time, since I like to go around taking screenshots first thing when I hit them, and night isn’t as good for getting landscapes and all. I’m guessing perception there too on the time it seems to last. So sometimes return to Sanctum until dawn when night hits, on those and other photography trips. I really like to stare up at the sky during nights really, I never tire of looking at it - the stars and other planets - but that tends to get one killed on exos… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I agree - nights are amazing, especially when there is gleam around (natural or built in). Also worlds and meteorites look good.

I meant difficulties in building, gathering, hunting during the night. When I do those things, nights seem endless. When I look around, explore, visit and take screenshots, it goes away fast and I often have a feeling it’s not long enough to take all the pictures I want or enjoy the moment.

1 Like