What turns you off playing Boundless?

But reach out to @tiggs and @monty1 They run the show now…Maybe they can take note and have the new team handle it, when more members are added and such!

2 Likes

you mean ingame ? or only on forums ? they are not on the list - admins etc

DM them on the forums. @tiggs has liked my response so she is prepped and aware :slight_smile: The transition period has started and even then…they stated it would take a few weeks for things to transition over.

2 Likes

BUTT tells you on which planet these are located at. That’s more info than the game provides. Used to, you had to wander from planet to planet to find what you wanted. BUTT tells you the name of the shop and what planet to find it on. The rest is up to you.
And once you get to that planet, you can go into the knowledge base and look for that item and which shops sell it, then click on that shop and you get a tracking direction in which way to go.

3 Likes

When will Monumental start supporting Playstation players with Support | Updates | Improvements & add a toggle on / off for basic Mods such as far-sight to provide the same playing experience across platforms?

2 Likes

We been very transparent that it will be at a minimum of a year before we even start building a team. We’re still working on getting everything moved over to Monumental.

14 Likes

I don’t want to come across as rude but I really don’t like the word “minimum” because it was said 'minimum a year" when the Monumental announcement was made 5 months ago and it still tells us nothing about the timeline. Could be 5 years for all I know.

Personally, I’m just grateful that someone is taking it on. Have always believed it was a unique game and has so much potential.

5 Likes

Sure, it’s non-specific. But you’ve no doubt seen the blowback James got when something more specific was implied but not delivered… we as gamers have only ourselves to blame for that.

7 Likes

Yeah, I do understand that. But is that really being transparent then? :thinking::sweat_smile:

dang i thought it would take a year to build a team so how long does it take to build a team after that first minimum year another year wished i had not read that :sweat_smile: could use some monumental beacon fuel lolz

Guys it’s not like they keep saying “a year from today”.

“At least a year” parses equally to “a year from purchase completion (not publicly known?)” or “a year from takeover (still happening)” or “a year from the initial announcement”.

It’s an intentionally open ended statement and they’re not making any other implications about it.

Yes it comes also with the statement “we’re not sure” and that’s very transparent.

It’s not like there’s a date, and you have to add a year every time someone hounds them into making the same statement again. This is just winding yourself up for drama and apparently some sort of disappointment.

We’ve gone from “Waiting for the servers to die” to “Waiting for active development to resume” and considering the timelines involved, taking a few months to savor that is still, IMO, a solid bonus.

9 Likes

its monty prediction 6months :grin:

This is why devs are always reluctant to give dates and time frames because people take it as gospel and hold them to it. I get the passion and hype but keep expectations low. Give them chance.

5 Likes

Seems like people are taking the comments the wrong way anyway. My point is that they may as well say “We will build a team in the future” because it means the same thing. Saying “minimum one year” implies it’s more than one but likely less than two, because otherwise you would say “minimum 2 years” (even though minimum 1 year also could mean 2 years). Saying “minimum one year” 5 months after the first time it was mentioned just sounds weird to me (and even more so if we go another 7 months and still get “minimum 1 year”, hence

I have no issues waiting for things to happen, whether it be 1 year, two years or 5 years, I am just happy it happens at all.

Also:

These (from the actual Monumental announcement) talk about months, not years - but this is besides the point.

Edit: It’s only 4 full months since announcement.

I guess you’re exceeding expectations then :rofl:

2 Likes

I think you once again takes things out of context. I expect nothing, I just don’t like the word minimum.

1 Like

The minimum of a year doesn’t even begin in my eyes until I see boundless listed on monumentals website. Last I looked it isn’t listed as one of their games yet.

1 Like

Ok from my personal opinion and standpoint as a programmer.

Building a team means we need 2-4 programmers. Getting that as a small studio means about one year for two new programmers - at best. When you have two programmers it will take about half a year for them to start getting productive. So my minimum estimate for small bugfixes would be at least one and a half year. However realistically you need two to three years for bigger updates.

However having a community manager again is a very big + in my opinion.

Everything is just a guess and a minimum estimate i dont know monumentals situation.

4 Likes

What turns you off playing Boundless?

AFK-ers

4 Likes