What turns you off playing Boundless?

I agree - nights are amazing, especially when there is gleam around (natural or built in). Also worlds and meteorites look good.

I meant difficulties in building, gathering, hunting during the night. When I do those things, nights seem endless. When I look around, explore, visit and take screenshots, it goes away fast and I often have a feeling it’s not long enough to take all the pictures I want or enjoy the moment.

1 Like

A bunch of us moved off of Beckon because where we were it rained almost all the time and it was impossible to build and even to see when it was. It was where we started after launch and was a great area land wise but the rain was too much.

2 Likes

i remember beckon it was exactly the same but who want 23h irl rain who?

Weather is the worst thing on boundless for me

3 Likes

I would have to say lots of the weather is a bit of a pain. The one I hate the most is the sort of “steam” effect when it raining and it pops up in front of you. Also while I like snow I hate when the ground all turns white and I have no idea what each block type is. I loved in EA when you could toggle weather effects off.

7 Likes

The British, from what I hear.

5 Likes

We most definitely don’t … you should see what it’s like here when there’s actually a decent bit of sun lol

4 Likes

I get turned off from boundless when: start a build, a player near by complained my building by them and the devs go removed my claim.

3 Likes

For me personally is that there is only the one way to collect the material to power the portals, I find it hard to find groups to do meteor hunting and there are only so many that pop up when you are solo and trying to build a village at the same time so I got burned out trying to maintain enough oortstone to keep a portal on the same planet open to the gate hub so I could go get what I needed from other worlds.

5 Likes

Portal fueling.

1 Like

Welcome @odhinn! Join a discord there are cross-guild hunt announcements!

1 Like

That’s what an auto door spanner is for.
Let me know if you need one.

One of the things that irritates me, is that no matter how many floors you have, or how deep you are inside a planet, when it rains, water drips everywhere…

4 Likes

If you go into build mode, the snow disappears.

I agree with this, and I love hunts! I just can’t always make it :frowning:
If I could mine it… even if only on T7 exos or something, I’d be happier.
Or what if we could combine all the gems together with… say elemental fusion… to create oort? Long winded but a random idea. Just something would be good.

9 Likes

Adding a other use for shards and bringing their price up in the process. Down side if they make oort a craft product will limit its price at some point.

1 Like

+1 to everyone who mentioned snow as a turn off.

I loved it when it arrived last xmas, and would still love it seasonally, but it continued snowing several times an hour, every hour of the day, every day of the year. That would be cool at the top of high mountains, or maybe on “chill” worlds, but doesn’t feel right anywhere else.

3 Likes

I don’t think anything could put me off of boundless now. But one thing that annoys the hell out of me is fall damage when building. I think it should be disabled, or lessened considerably when in build mode. I’m currently on a project and died 5 times in an hour from falling. I know I should be more careful, but when you’re hanging from a grapple, go to change the item in your other hand and it disengages the grapple at same time! Annoying as hell! I have also died a lot placing lava, but that’s just cos I’m an idiot. :rofl:

2 Likes

You need builder’s buff (guild buff) reduces falling damage considerably and gives you a longer reach on block placement. We have that on constantly in my guild^^

2 Likes

I’ve made a few mass crafts of trampolines which I put down under where I’m building at height, no fall damage then and just remove them when finished.

3 Likes

What’s your guild called?