🤩 What was it that 1st got you interested in Boundless?

Did your friend ask you to join them in this game?
Did you see a stream that looked fun?
Was there a feature that you want to try?
Were you looking for a certain type of game? (ie: voxel, Minecraft, MMO, etc)

16 Likes

Steam suggesting a title to look at, given my library content… I skipped past it a few times… but then finally okay sure, will try it. was quite some years back by now :stuck_out_tongue: Joined in during the beta… and I do recall the red gleam hairpulling due to “nature” beaconing. But was fun times for sure.

3 Likes

I Saw The City’s in the trailer that I only bought it to go see them to only find out in game they were nowere to be found (Q.Q)

6 Likes

Yes. Strangely enough, friends from League of Legends suggested the game to me, Thou the friends didn’t last in the game very long. They played it for about 2 months before the lack of content got to them and caused them to stop and move on.

4 Likes

Frankly, I’m not really sure. I’ve followed the game since it was known as Oort Online (why was it changed to Boundless, which is basically ungoogleable, is beyond me), then bought it once it was on Steam. My computer could barely handle the game back then so I’ve stopped playing and returned to the game shortly before Monumental takeover was announced. Please visit my Castle of Perfection on Dzassak, selling some stuff right now and I need coins.

3 Likes

My father told me about a game that was “Minecraft and No Mans Sky combined” and gifted me the game on steam. He played alongside me for a year or two, but ultimately decided to quit due to the lack of updates and communication. Though, I was able to convince him to stay on for another few hours so he could give me his reclaimed items.

Now my father on the other hand, probably stumbled upon this game randomly on the new releases page of steam (He checks new releases often) or he probably somehow came across it on a news article.

We will have to see if he wants his reclaimed items back, once we see how the situation with monumental plays out

2 Likes

I think I first saw the game by accident on imgur, probably this gif

(Stupid thing, I wanted the link)

2 Likes

Portals. Saw a vid shortly before its release. Portals!

Edit: which is why I have many… I lazy lol

6 Likes

One of the devs for 7 Days to Die, my most played game of all time, used to play back when it was in Beta and for a while after. By the time I decided it was “my kind of game”, the Beta had ended and I had to wait about 2 weeks for release. 3200 hours later… 2nd most played game of all time, although Rimworld is a close 3rd.

5 Likes

7d2d will forever be one of the best games I have ever experienced.

I used to see Prime play boundless back in the day, also know as Fubar.

The one who got me into Boundless was my partner Rachel. I kinda stole it from her…and never gave it back. :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t even know what I was doing at the time but I somehow stumbled over the Kickstarter vídeo(or whatever it was the thing they used for backing the game).

I was obsessed with Minecraft at the time, so all the things they wanted boundless to be made me fall in love with it. So for the first time in my life I used my little savings and purchased the best tier I could afford and then the waiting game started.

After a couple months I was able to try the game for the first time (before the wipe) but sadly mi laptop wasn’t able to run it properly so I only built a tiny house and never played again for a long time.

When I finally got a new gaming laptop (after the wipe) I was excited to finally play boundless and from there I played nonstop for I think 2 years or so?

Then the pandemic came and I burned out and stopped playing since then, but I’ve been coming back to the forums I hopes of good News.

3 Likes

My partner saw it somewhere, probably a trailer for it way back in the day, and bought it for me as soon as it came out on console in September 2018. They thought I would like it because I enjoy games like Dragon Quest Builders and Minecraft. At the time I was really into another game called Thea and the learning curve on Boundless was really steep so I gave up pretty quick but it was always on the back of my mind to return to and give a proper chance, which I did!

1 Like

Did your friend ask you to join them in this game? -
Nope I was into Minecraft and this came up on a gaming news site. Was hooked on its idea.
Did you see a stream that looked fun?
Negative
Was there a feature that you want to try?’
PvE stuff mainly leading up to titans
Were you looking for a certain type of game? (ie: voxel, Minecraft, MMO, etc)
I was looking for a better deeper minecraft, still have yet to find that :frowning:

2 Likes

I was looking for a game offering a player-only-content open world, where the gameplay is basically leading a virtual life.
I kept an eye on a few projects that were in making and Boundless looked the closest to what I wanted, and by a mile.

3 Likes

Back when the game was Oort Online, I saw that one really awesome trailer with the Titan at the end. The portals and the idea of worlds to explore is what really got me to look closely at the game. I think that crafting, economy, and everything being player-built is why I decided I needed to play.

4 Likes

Saw a post on GameDev.net about a cross-platform game they were going to develop. Jumped in the moment they opened their early access.

3 Likes

I dont really remember anymore it was so long ago.

5 Likes

Fubar Prime would be the one, yes, lol!

2 Likes

I wish I could remember exactly what it was that got me to play the first time. I love games where you can build things- so Minecraft was my go to. I realized this was another block based game once I got in game but the chisels are a game changer. They offer so much more creativity! I had the game for quite a while on PlayStation before I even really tried it. Had no idea what to expect to be honest- but I’m hooked and have been for a few years. The community also is a huge reason I have stuck around for so long. Always been a solo player so being able to see what others have made, and share my own creations has been and continues to be a lot of fun.

6 Likes

Multiplayer aspect. Connected universe.

Player driven economy.

6 Likes