đŸ€© What was it that 1st got you interested in Boundless?

I worked with the Turbulenz Engine for my bachelor’s thesis and while looking at sample games I saw this:

I was instantly in love, but it took another 3 years before I took heart and jumped in.

13 Likes

I see this video and I think, how not to fall in love with this game? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
4 years already together

5 Likes

@Vurtadelic had been mentioning it to me a few times. About a week before release on ps4 I was growing bored with what I had been playing and decided to check it out with him.

Has been a good source of entertainment and with work schedules still wondering how I have as much time on ps4 as I do.

Have it on PC now too for a bit.

6 Likes

I saw the first announcement trailer for PS4 and really liked what I saw. The scale, the portals, the potential for many players. It looked so much more alive than Minecraft, which I had been playing a lot of.

Minecraft feels so lonely now, I can’t play it.

5 Likes

I had seen it in a video on YouTube on upcoming builder/Voxel games. I immediately resonated with the game and got my hands on asap lol. I was only 16 so I had to beg my dad for it lol

5 Likes

I was browsing the upcoming releases on the playstation store and watched the boundless video. My main games at the time were 7 Days To Die and Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?. Why craft tools for npc’s, when I could craft tools and items for real players all around the world?!

I pre-ordered on playstation to get the early access with the intention of setting up a cool little shop and joining a new city. I watched a couple @Jiivita videos and haven’t looked back since.

9 Likes

I blame @SWProzee1 for why I’m addicted to Boundless :rofl:. He created a monster. I came across his vids in January as I was going through my library of games. I had bought Boundless on release but didn’t play it much. Wasn’t a terrible game chances are something happened IRL or got distracted which is often the case with me :rofl: So seen Boundless on my list, loaded YouTube up and the rest is history. Also came across @Ovis and @Turrican2006 channels too 2hich also fuelled the fire :laughing:

Currently offline atm as I’m struggling with illness will be back on soon.

8 Likes

Googled “voxel games online” and found this gem. I got tired of playing Minecraft as a solo experience , though I’m not huge on playing with others I still love playing in a world where you can see other players here and there and also check out their builds.
One day @Jeffrotheswell DMed me to congratulate me on hitting lvl50 bug that duplicates plots number, he said he’s building some aqua ducts and lava ducts with a couple of people and the rest is history :grin: The best online experience I’ve ever had.

7 Likes

@believablyme was the first person that got me interested in the game. I watched her gameplay and decided to join in on the fun. @CosmicMermaid followed suit and the Friday night shenanigans began!

7 Likes

Oi @spoygg ! That was probably the funnest year of gaming I have ever had!
Remember the subtle cuttle?

https://youtu.be/dt_eJ9j_C2Q

If you only watch one part of this video skip to 10:52 otherwise enjoy😾

4 Likes

awesome video :+1: never seen that one before.

3 Likes

It was all from early access. I always thought that @Scratchnwiff made the best boundless videos.
He has a whole series which I highly recommend to everyone
 in order.
I sure do miss the old crew!! With @Spoygg back an @H3yjo always lurking we are a 1/4 the way there. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Disclaimer: Spoygg’s Red Light District was prank by Pseudo, he had build permissions on my build (a huge mistake) :rofl:

2 Likes

It was the devil’s lettuce, honestly. This is just the best game to do some serious wandering. The music and bloom and the grapples (grapples are :drooling_face:) and the colors.

7 Likes

Hope you are feeling better soon

I’d played This War of Mine to death, it was the first video game I got into the way video games are played these days, vs like Tetris or Qbert or Ultima 4. This was 2015 or 2016, I tried Ryzom and Rust and Don’t Starve and tried to sign up for Boundless -which seemed perfectly amazing- but got confused, then landed in ARK and played that until one of their updates stopped it from working on my machine in 2019, and I tried Boundless again and fell in love right away. To me the tutorial and NPE are perfect.

8 Likes

This was the trailer I saw and it was the one that brought me in. I’m wondering if the narrator for the video is James or someone else?
@Kirinvar you’re familiar with this one too?

6 Likes

Yes! That’s my beta home at 1:29 :blush:

4 Likes

OMG. When I saw what seemed to be a simple floating house with some decorations, the WIP pics blew me away! That’s a wow moment for me.

2 Likes

Interior was even more awesome :star_struck:

2 Likes