šŸ¤© What was it that 1st got you interested in Boundless?

There was this guy that a gamer friend said had died.

I hunted him down online and found him on Steamā€¦ he wasnā€™t dead. Plus he had over a thousand hours of game-time on this game.

He said he plays because his wife plays. Itā€™s a good reason, but I think he enjoys it too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That is why I first opened Boundless.

5 Likes

Hubby said he opened the game to chat with peopleā€¦

Truthfully he was feeling guilty for having so much fun chatting in Discord with me and my GTG friends that he felt he needed to open the game.

I bought it for him, hoping heā€™d get addicted too. Heā€™s pretty resistant to gaming currently. Keeps asking when weā€™ll get armorā€¦ I told him we have armor fistsā€¦ but heā€™s still not playing.

^c^ :heart: ^o^

4 Likes

An email from @Deathwhisper.

19 Likes

Mid-2017 EQ-Landmark had seen better days and was shut down, low resolution and blocky Minecraft was starting to get boring ā€¦
ā€¦ Then after an online search on Google, I found one of @Jiivita 's early videos.
I saw the sloped and angled blocks in Boundless - builders dream-
That same afternoon I signed up for an EA founders pack and became a Wayfarer.
The rest is history :smiley: :orange_heart:

4 Likes

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is why I always warn everyone from Bob and ask they throw regen bombs at him.

Personally iirc, I saw the game on the Steam page and it caught my attention enough for me to click on it and read more. In less than 2 hours, I almost refunded it. I unfortunately didnā€™t. And now I am bound to play it forever.

5 Likes

Oh and my coworker has a PS4 and I am a PC player; we were able to play togetherā€¦ once I talked her into ā€œtalking her hubby intoā€ letting her buy it. We had a whole scheme going.

@Novaria and I have had a ball rolling sovereignsā€¦

The cross-platform is a win. Now if it was able to be played on an Xboxā€¦ can it do that yet? Iā€™m not a console gamer, but I know more Xbox playersā€¦

2 Likes

It would be great if they added more consoles like Xbox & switch :+1:

4 Likes

The Trailer is what got me interested in the game, I was waiting for the game to release and actually missed launch by 2 weeks, but the concept of having a shop is what drawn me to the game along with it being an online game (i like to interact with people, i hate solo games)

4 Likes

OortOnline trailer got me hooked!

2 Likes

Iā€™d been looking for a replacement voxel game since landmark died. Although there isnā€™t the voxelmancy in Boundless that Landmark had, it scratches that voxel itch quite nicely.

6 Likes

This is what drew me inā€¦ It made me consider buying a PS4 just to play it. I did a quick search and found out it was already available on PC in early accessā€¦ I backed it the same day :joy:

9 Likes

Was searching for a game that was Not another call of dutyā€¦. Years later I still :heart_eyes: it.

4 Likes

I was looking for a Tomb Raider-esque game that gave me GTA4 vibes, and here I came!

Really though, it was the trailer that hooked me - be what you wanna be and all that jazzā€¦

5 Likes

I joined in EA before the wipe after seeing it randomly online ! Was so exciting, still it <3

4 Likes

The trailer is what hooked me.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why your character is the Magic Mike of Boundless?

3 Likes

Was the First i saw too from The Game and was catchedā€¦ I ve Love to watch IT everytime

5 Likes

me too! I must have watched it thousand times over the years - it never gets old :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I worked with the Turbulenz Engine for my bachelorā€™s thesis and while looking at sample games I saw this:

I was instantly in love, but it took another 3 years before I took heart and jumped in.

13 Likes

I see this video and I think, how not to fall in love with this game? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
4 years already together

5 Likes