What would encourage long time gleam clubbers to build in my city?

As the title says I’m looking for some long timers who tend to have their builds stick around for a while to build in my city and wondered the best incentives, or are you all building in your own places, I don’t mind building something in your place for you to build something at mine. I have had a few neighbours but they have all disappeared with time and I like having a variety of builds around so love a bit of variety.

Or do you think a competition is best to get people to come build? I don’t mind saving up some coin for a competition.

5 Likes

I already owe a few builds to people; not so much owe as in I want to be a part of whatever they do. Namely, @noniethepup and the new Glitch World and @JDGroat and C.O.R.E.

I’d gladly build something wherever your city is. A build competition might be ok, but you never know if and when those might get reclaimed.

I think simply asking for people to build might go just as far as a competition.

4 Likes

What would encourage me to return to the game and build in a city would be the following:

1. An actual feature update from Monumental to the game (I know this is still a ways off).
  2. Knowing that the people who build the city are not going to just abandon it after it’s done. I want a thriving, living city that I can call home for many months to come.
6 Likes

I think there may need some clarification as to build and live in the city or just build something.

I can build there, but having built so much on my sovereign I’d be hard pressed to leave … the thought of rebuilding while tempting, hurts me … deeply.

And Hi @Dhusk!!

2 Likes

Alo! @Redlotus!

1 Like

long time gleam clubbers? that certainly not me :smiley: im buying gleam club if i want new color signs :smiley: about building, im still trying to finish what im started at my new home at The Future and suddenly instead of building my new home i started exploring wild sovs and having loads of fun just roaming around and looking what others archieved :smiley: i love wayching what other players buillds, their chiseling skill often amazes me :smiley:

but be a part of city? was once a part of “Stomp oover the world” :smiley: loved my Galactic Prison :smiley:

@Samski where is your city? i want to take a look :smiley: but if you want only gleam clubbers to built there im out :smiley:

1 Like

i’m not a gleamclubber, but my beacon are burning bright and continuouly since early 2019, so i will forcefully shove my 2 cents into this thread :slight_smile:
what i’m looking for in a city

• reassuring infrastructure beacon timer (let’s say at least a year of GC)
  • organically growing instead of a massive pre-built grid
  • themed districts
  • multiple players in charge of the city beacons in case the main person disappears
  • upper limit on beacon size - so it’s more running around different shops and builds instead of portalling past infinitely long farms
  • dynamic roads (for example: roads 4 blocks wide, 2 blocks on each side match the theme of the build they are next to), seasonal decorations, random clutter appearing / disappearing, hidden treasures…
6 Likes

The reason i said gleam clubbers is because i thought they are more likely to fuel their beacons, im happy for anyone to come build, its a complete free for all, just peoples builds keep disappearing.

I have no roads in my city other than bridges between island’s.

To find my coty go through either TNT or Ultima to Sohaltin I then through the Love portal.

So like in general for me… I have not even built anything on Raxxa, my own planet or THE FUTURE other than the forge market. So I wouldn’t build somewhere else not before I have built what I “promised”. There’s a 50/50 chance though that I would participate in a competition.

I’m a Gleamclubber my city will be there for years :laughing:

1 Like

Is this your area? I loved going for a walk there when the death star was there, I also live in Solchatin I, before it was a very fun planet always full of new players, but for a while we have been abandoned :cry: .

1 Like

thats my place, just rebuilding the death star, it will be very different as was built by my mate before, not even a fan of star wars myself…

1 Like

Samski, what style builds do you like? I’ll come build in your city and you’re always welcome to come build in C.:o:.R.E. Our city is based on realistic style building and it’s been fun. My gleam club is going for ever now so it’s my forever spot don’t plan on reclaiming.

1 Like

I just want people to build what they like, am looking to have an eclectic mix. Where is your city?