What's happening with DK Mall?

Every mall will have their PROS and CONS. I love the mall idea where I can go to one area and find what I need… But it comes down to how many do we really need for the current small community that plays. I agree with above comment on mall (maybe two) would be enough at this moment.

Gyosha Mall is an easy setup to get used to since it only has three main halls. Just wish like every other mall that shops would be setup like one mall (can’t remember the name) where one hall is forged goods, one for foods, building blocks etc… Also signs (to whom ever reads them lol) to guide someone to the exit or hub…

3 Likes

This would be amazing!!! But unfortunately as there is footfall earning in game, everyone wants a piece of that.
Today I tried to search for some glow sticks at small price, it’s ridiculously hard to even get to spots that are on BUTT because there is no pathfinding in game for that I stopped searching after getting to the shop stand and finding out that the totems were just normal ones. Why people are building empty “Malls” I don’t know, heard mentality and buying into the idea that they will get rich I guess, but none think of the fact that you need people to visit and you got way too much competition from the other huge empty Malls.

I guess if someone would want to build a mall, they should check this game out :)))

1 Like

The greatest mall of all is still to come ,give me some time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes, Sydney on Lasaina is my project, glad you like it. Haha, home depot… that kinda fits.

That’s kinda what I am trying to do, mainly focused on building products. There’s millions of coins in request baskets, and a slowly growing selection of building blocks to help builders.

As to DK Mall, I previously had a shop there… in my opinion it just got too big and cumbersome. Once BUTT came on the scene, it kinda killed the need for mega malls.

1 Like

Long as it isn’t on a sov :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not? Is there something wrong with malls on Sovereign worlds?

From what I gathered, it would allow the world’s owner to kick troublemakers and solve lots of issues regarding un-used plots and such. I’m guessing the issue then is more “do you trust the world’s owner with such power?”, but do you think it’s better to have situations like what’s going on with the Matrix or whatever it’s called, on Tana VII? To have so many shops empty or filled with ash, or (although I believe it doesn’t happen anymore) to have James remove your shop beacon without making any proper investigation?

3 Likes

It’s two-fold for me. The Matrix doesn’t affect the mall much just the drama is annoying. The Matrix has actually helped me with the mall and claimed plots in an effort to not have the mall full of holes. Usually if I ask nicely they release their plots.

Issue 1
The owner could just quit the game… and poof… or not fuel it and …poof…

Issue 2
The owner has full control over anything and anyone. It’s not a matter of trust so much as a matter of the owner could just not like you and poof…

I’d hate to take the time and effort to build a nice shop and watch it go away…

2 Likes

Why being a planetist? (Planet-sexist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Nah but really, what is the reason for disliking sovereign malls? I see lot potential and benefits from that

Never mind saw your next message

1 Like

No worries… it’s nothing personal really … and I am not saying any of that would happen. I suppose the game and our players don’t have a great track record for keeping things around or continuously playing.

Host quit once… I know not totally and nothing ever really left the game … but Spoodle reclaimed Brown Town … DK left… it goes on and on.

2 Likes

Well but in case someone works against mall rules or leaves shops too long empty it’s good if you can force reclaim so the mall stays active and busy. Not everyone is contactable or is nice and works with you if you ask nicely. James is not doing support work either to solve such issues

2 Likes

I suppose there is an issue with sovereign worlds where I don’t think you can give world-owner-like powers to others to delegate world-fuel management… would be nice if there was an option to go “anyone can donate world fuel so that the world stay on”

Eitherway, something that is both true on a sov mall and a surv mall is that you have to have some level of trust in the owner of the mall, you gotta know it’s a good person that won’t try to mess with you or abandon you.

1 Like

One can fuel for others. Just many people do not like to spend their own money to support others

2 Likes

indeed you can fuel someone else’s planet, but as May said, you would need to have a pretty solid trust with the owner

1 Like

Maybe an idea to start a new topic about mall talk?:relieved:

Anyone?

4 Likes

I agree with @Redlotus I’d never build a shop or mall on a sov world - I’ve seen players log in and find the world was closed without warning.

Or one better then you get banned from visiting sov worlds lol :joy:

2 Likes

I think actually:

This is the way it works. If you allow people on your world I’m not sure if you can stop them from fueling it?

I see several people mentioned it now. It may be worse if the owner stays active, they could request the planet deleted :scream:

1 Like

Just too many variables for me. Not against it… just not a fan of it.

2 Likes

I would never be interested in such a thing where a single person has such great power. I have the same problem with guilds in every game I ever played.

There’s a reason why the real world is using democracy. I would love to see games experiment with democratic guild models.

You can’t stop them. Request deletion is a thing BUT, as shown in the past, James does not react to that since a while and it will just run out on its own. If it’s fueled, it remains

1 Like

There’s a reason people want malls and markets on sovereigns because that way you can control an active mall ,active shops and active people we experienced the problems with the malls and their shops that are empty, beacons that been there for months or even years. Just really look at the current malls and their activity? Don’t you rather want to go to a mall and know that all shops there are stocked? We all don’t like wasting time, and if a person pays for the sovereign and creates a mall then these should be appreciated. I do understand that not everyone likes to have their shop on a sovereign mall, and being afraid of being blocked out, but if you done nothing wrong there should be no worries, I think when it comes to sovereign and allowing the owner should be neutral no matter if they have a “problem” with the player(s) as long as the person is not breaking the rules that are also part of the homeworlds, for me someone that dislikes me still has the freedom to be on my sovereign, it’s only when the person is causing issues that affects other players, that is when I step in. But even then never just instant , there’s always a 2 way story

3 Likes