What's the fastest way to level

Mining gleam (T1-T2)
Refining gleam
(Lots of Refinerys)
Teaching Pies
Instant Mega Recovery brews (if you got those Max speed hammers)
Or Mega Fast brews

1 Teaching pie = 1 Lvl

Time and Patience it’s possible to get 100 Lvls in a day :laughing:

3 Likes

So, ignoring some early bonuses:

300 cubits per Umbris Level Coffer X 3000 levels = 900000 cubits.

For a side track that’s 60 Cubit Umbris Coffers in the shop or, in the US, $6000.

Back on track that’s 375 Plot Umbris Coffers for 30000 plots.

That’s a lot of plots :exploding_head:

Bis level 50 noch recht hilfreich, danach jedoch maximum ein level mit teaching pie bei 64 regionen…

Gleamballs wird dich auf Dauer auslaugen #burnout. Man kann das ne weile machen jedoch nicht besonders lange.

Farmen und minen ist so ziemlich einer der besten Dinge denn es gibt coin, es ist angenehm, nicht zu langweilig, und geht so nebenbei. Und es gibt sogar ziemlich gutes exp.

Ich denke Du magst keine hunts, besonders weil es ein wildes Durcheinander ist. Die XP dafür ist vllt auch nur maximal ein level per hunt. War damals T5 hunten und hatte auch versucht teaching pie anzuhaben, aber man stirbt ja auch und verliert so den buff regelmäßig.

Host hat ne Variante worin man hochwertige blocks platziert und danach reclaim erzwingt auf nen sovereign und das wiederholt. Geht auch schnell und verbraucht keine Ausrüstung

2 Likes

Ja, ja, naturlich :laughing:

1 Like

I just grind gleamballs it seems to be about the easiest and most profitable way to level.

If I really need a lot of levels (or plots usually) I just jump around collecting random gleamballs of different colors for a few hours. I sometimes just use a teaching pie and fast brew, but I do at times use starberry pies just for longevity.

I do this very often and I’ve gained several levels per hour.

EDIT: I have also used mining as a way to make thing more profitable, but while a bit more profitable it does take a bit longer to gain levels with the tradeoff of a bit more to sell.

1 Like

Gleamball farming is likely the fastest with about 10 levels per hour.
In your case for 3000 levels this means 300 hours of gleamball smashing. At this scale you also have to spent quite some time to find enough tools as you will require a lot.

My recommendation is to add your new character with full rights on your existing plots. Then take everything over piece by piece.
I am not sure if it is possible to mentally survive 300 hours of gleamballs in short time.

Best of success and stay sane :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My go to leveling is mining for gems on t6 worlds, then mass crafting and refining it, entire process while eating lots and lots of teaching pies. Nets quite a lot of levels while also make a great profit from gems, coal, fossils and tech.

Can also additionally mint the refined stones for more profit, but besides the point since I don’t think that gives levels.

1 Like

You can also use the rock you get from mining gems and turn it into stones, then turn the stones into refined rocks

1 Like

Any estimate as to how much XP or levels you gain for an hour of doing this? Assuming you’re at level 50 already.

did around 30-40 minutes a week ago or so, not for xp, but on request to get gleam;
got 7 ss of gleam and that was on a toon that happened to be close, so not the fastest set up possible and there was no farm so I fell to the 3 or 4 times

so that’s 25k xp ish so on a safer set up when you don’t waste time falling down and grappling back up, and you have maxed skills/gear needed for speed then you probably easily go 15-20 ss?
then you go @BabyCookie - how many ss can you do an hour (pure mining efficiency with your set up)?

and when you go back full and put those in refineries then every next hour after first tour it’s xp from mining and xp happening for you in your machines;

gleamballs until 30 then xp farms work for me

1 Like

On a fully geared mining sheet, I can usually mine a full inventory of gleam in about 45 minutes to an hour. I use starberry pies, though, not XP pies, because I am actually mining gleam for the gleam and not the XP. The XP is just a bonus. So I usually get 2-3 levels from the minining itself. Then I refine all the gleam and use a teaching pie for that, and get a bunch more levels. Maybe 4-5 per inventory of gleam? It depends on how you are doing it and what you are doing it for. I don’t think I get quite 10 levels per hour of mining, but with the crafting combined with the actual mining I think it works out to about 7 or 8 levels per hour of mining.

1 Like

on a new toon (so loooong ago, before xp region farms and gleam b a l l s galore on sovereigns), I used to do this:
**LVLS 1-15/20:

• crafting using existing stock of materials (all recipes that don’t require skills: compacting, refining etc.)
  • focusing on some of the easiest and least time consuming feats (sometime up to lvl 3)

LVLS 15/20+

• as soon as enough skills for hunting t3-t4 worlds, start doing meteors; plenty xp there from hunting itself and then crafting shards is easy xp
  • continue crafting from my existing stock of ingredients, but adding some higher end crafting that need skills; always plenty xp waiting for me at home that way when coming back from hunts

LVLS 25/30+
-add mining top tier worlds (enough skills to have some crucial skills maxed: Luck, Zeal, Power etc.)

IMPORTANT: use free skill resets before lvl 20 to switch between different activities
FUTURE: if the suspended update isn’t radically changed by the new owners, we will have changes to skill system allowing simultaneous progression of multiple skill pages; that way it will be easy to power level from the start by switching between mining, hunting, top end crafting etc.

1 Like

I thank you all. I´ll try my best.

Dug out numbers I have taken from a Gleam run. These are all accurate numbers.

Setup
Character Lvl: 50+
Duration: 15 minutes
Hammer:

Brew: Super Fast Brew to reach max Speed
Technique: Jump on top of ball and mine down in spirals

Results
Gleam: 35804 pieces
XP: 35804 * 16 (teaching pie) = 572864
Lvls: 572864 / 200000 = 2.86
Dura used: 3388 points
Total hits: 3388 / 0.7 = 4840 (30% Durability drain epic)
Average Gleam hit: 35804 / 4840 = 7.4 per hit
Per hour: 572864 * 4 = 2291456 XP or 11.46 lvls

When keeping the gleam it is important to have a dropoff very close by.
Maybe mining a gleamball that is cut off at the bottom to mine up all the time gives slightly better results.

The Devs can change it, I got mine changed before.
Maybe ask them (not sure with the new devs policy on it though) but doesn’t harm in asking

2 Likes

ohh, really? - I’m just afraid that my English won’t be good enough and my anxiety, depression, PTSD, non-existent self-confidence will block me. And I don´t know how to reach them.

But good to know for other players, maybe.

Ooo I never really counted the hammers well it can’t be more than 10 I kinda just buy 5SS at a Time a go from there there normally georgios Dura Hammers and I kinda use alot of insta Recovery Brews with a Speed brews

I Have Trouble just staying awake cause of how boring you get from sitting mining gleam all day so me focus more on what to keep me awake through out the time lol

But I Do Have 120 Refinarys going all day long

I noticed we all farm gleamball differently :laughing: I just look up always & I don’t care much on size of gleamball I always have a fresh gleamball when my stamina refreshes so I throw regen bombs lol

3 Likes

every time you go to log out for the night load up all your furnaces with ss of earthyams, eat a teaching pie, then log out. When you log back in next day, easy XP. I usually mint the cooked yams, not much coin, but when you have lots of ss it all adds up. That’s my go to when I need more cubits for a build :slight_smile:

Some recent conversation on the topic. I quoted a relevant blurb but go from the top it’s a good thread:

You can blast out to maybe 10 for a while but most of the time this is going to include side experience from follow-on activities like crafting batches finishing.

Bashing the gleamball is practically the least of the XP you can get from a big stack of gleam. This is less true of mining, and both are more profitable than placing blocks but if it’s all about the cubits maybe a couple hundred hours with a stack or two of lucents will do you.

Just smashing out 3000 levels is a lot though. :sweat: