Whats your definition of prestige bombing

And then with the uncovering Galan the age of gleem has ended, and the age of Topaz has begun!

1 Like

Iā€™d say any time someone actively fills a p-vault and suddenly boosts their prestige. Similar to a prestige fire, but that is more gradual. Less impressive than p-nukes which would probably need to be compact metal or higher stretching from water level to build height.

Should it be allowed? Well, we have the tools to do it, so yeah dont see why not. Iā€™m not a fan of the ugly prestige cube/tower though. Id prefer if people bury p-only builds underground, and keep the skyline for interesting / impressive builds. That said, theres nothing wrong building an amazing structure out of pure topaz, Iā€™d take a look at that :blush:

if i want more prestige i hide it in my rooms, since there is no really use for rooms in big buildings (and i got alot big buildings with alot empty rooms) so when i feel like ā€œi want more prestigeā€ i go to theese rooms and stuff them

1 Like

Iā€™ve started building a rather large underground lair and have used quite a bit of machined iron and copper
Very much a work in progress and one Iā€™m quite enjoying.

This has caused me to become top dog of Chisel Town (more about that here

Was my sole purpose to build prestige to become viceroy. nope.
Was I going to hold back on mats used. nope.
But I have to admit I did quite enjoy getting the achievement :slight_smile:
It might be ā€œlameā€ or whatever but I certainly didnā€™t do it to upset anyone.
I recognise Karokendo as leader of chisel town and will respect his wishes as to what to do.
Iā€™m hoping we will all band together and go go city status, but who knows.

Building a hole or whatever just to fill with prestige blocks seems a wasteā€¦could always try to make a giant bit of artā€¦even if underground.

1 Like

Yup i dug a hole below my buildā€¦ now it feels like such a nice bat-cave and meeting point for the finata underground that i just can gleambomb it lol

prestige bombing:
When you build tight spaces packed full of high prestige blocks for the sole purpose of surpassing\keeping a warden\viceroy status.

Prestige bombing to me is someone placing blocks to increase prestige with no regard whatsoever to the aesthetics of what they are building.

I have no problem with people creating nice looking gleam structures. And I have no problem with prestige vaults, as long as theyā€™re hidden from sight or nicely integrated into the build (like a vault room in a bank building)

Gleam towers are a scourge though. Of course, one manā€™s gleam sculpture is another manā€™s gleam monstrosity, so it is somewhat subjective :slight_smile:

This has recently become an issue for my group and I. We had someone connect up to our settlement without talking to us, then when we said weā€™d rather stay on our own, got offended and straight up told us they were going to do it anyway and prestige bomb us so they could take it over. For a bit we were trying to counter-act him by doing some of these prestige cheesing tactics, but realized the whole situation was just pathetic and gave up.

I think something they could consider adding to this game is some kind of spendable prestige points that players get periodically or something. The normal prestige could still be a thing, but if there were some kind of alternate system where players could actively choose to give some of their ā€œappreciationā€ to a particular settlement because they think it is unique, thatā€™d be neat. Of course, I know that people like to strip the fun right out of almost any design idea so Iā€™m sure weā€™d start seeing people buying and selling this stuff somehow too. Some people just play games because they like seeing a number go up and theyā€™ll always cheese systems like this.

Should be able to group-prestige among guildmates instead of each fighting individually for top prestige. Once guilds are a thing.

1 Like