Whats your definition of prestige bombing

What do you think defines prestige bombing?

I have no idea what you’re talking about. From the name I’m guessing a bomb that boots your block’s prestigue values?

When someone spams a hole ton of refined gleam just to gain prestige for example

1 Like

Hmm, in my experience refined metals are far more effective and just about as easy to farm

1 Like

Not really my point i want to know what other people consider prestige bombing

Can’t say I’ve heard that expression. I have used “prestige nuke” in the past though to describe the act of suddenly boosting a settlements prestige a massive amount by connecting a massive prestige plot to a settlement.

Example used in beta was the battle of New Berlyn where prestige nukes were used suddenly bolster the capitals prestige and block another settlement attempting to bridge.

1 Like

I was more talking about when someone in a settlement prestige bombs to gain wardenship

Well, im P-bombing the world as we speak with my P-TopazNukes:
A couple of thausands decos does the trick.
:sunglasses::japanese_ogre::sparkles:

Yellow bling bombs. Ohhhyah!

2 Likes

But ill mever use it to «steal» wardenship. Thats lame, just to get footfall up or hog the Viceroy for fun. Heard there were one planet were people were A-holing all over the place trying to take Viceroy anyone know where this is btw?

Cant find the post.

2 Likes

Seems the devs have said it’s part of the gameplay mechanics for now. If you love playing king-of-the-hill & it’s allowed, go for it.

I’d personally never do that because there are many things I’d rather do with my time and I’m not a t u r d ;p

IMO, nefarious prestige bombing ia forging/gathering blocks with only the intent of boosting prestige, like hiding gleam in walls or under roads.

I will admit that I have a room that, when I only have a few left over high end blocks from a build, I dump them in instead of into storage.If I have 10 or more, they go into storage.

Of course, I pull them back out as fast as I put new ones in, so it’s more like storage I get prestige for.

So, to me, prestige bombing is about intent.

If you build giant gleam towers because you like the look, that’s not prestige bombing.

While building and later tearing down our last settlement, I’d find pits and holes just walled off. I’d look at my hubby and go “you could have stuffed chiseled gleam in here! Tch, what a waste.”
We’d laugh, but never go through with it bc we are of course joking.

Not sure if that’s what you meant or not: hiding gleam in small or large amounts behind walls or in pits.

IMO: When you build something you would not otherwise build were it not for the massive prestige gain. There is of course nothing wrong with building something cool with prestige in mind, but I think the spirit of the game is clearly to build things you like and that others will want to see. It’s no surprise that people love to do this, though. A lot of gamers are happy to turn the game into a spreadsheet with graphics so they can just watch some numbers go up.

This is exactly what I was talking about

I guess i have a very pompus taste. I just want to build things that make people go «wtf! Why would someone do this».

Which is why my flan home has roughly 4k decorative topaz.

Going for 10k of all deco gems. Titanium, silver, gold, machined.
10-20 of every machine with 5 and up advanced coil attached.

Im going for high prestige, but i wont hide it, i want it to show! I want to do things that make people go «no way just one person made this»

I dont got the artistic skill or the patience for advanced sculpting and polish. I play on ps4 and its just to… i dunno frustrating becouse i cant do it quickly :stuck_out_tongue:

But i do tedious and endless stuff with springtime of youth passion!

And i i really enjoy dumping alot of prestigr at once. Idd like to think that a jump of 500k in prestige makes people curious enough to pay a visit. I know im like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

People tried to prestige bomb me, on shedu. I built four towers of decro gem blocks around them, 20ish? plots high until they gave up.

Lol that’s hilarious. Storing prestige in containers and then displaying it when someone tries to move in.

2 Likes

“Whats your definitation of prestige bombing”

A vaild tactic to try to pursue what is really the only legal “PvP” aspect we have in this game, and something that is sure to cause alot of debate, and complaining on the forum.

Any act that causes an increase of 200k points or more, over a very short time (30min)

I could place every block I own for a cool 1million. but that would be a massive ugly cube!

1 Like

Spamming decorative topaz and chiseled machined metal is the new hot â– â– â– â–  in terms of prestige bombing.