When are we going to add more variety in mobs?

Just curious if there are any plans to actually increase the variety in mobs (enemies). One of the main things keeping me from coming back is the distinct lack of any variety (other than colors). Changing the colors of everything isn’t variety, and every planet seems the same when they all contain the same exact 4-5 mobs every time.

Player owned planets will be a nice addition, but still isn’t enough when those planets are basically the exact same as everything else we’ve seen a million times. I know there are several of us that really enjoyed playing the game, but got tired of it being the exact same thing every day since there just isn’t any real variety outside of color. Handful of different block types, handful of different ores, gems, metals, etc… and the same handful of mobs on every single planet. The variety in planet structure was nice at first, but after a few dozen exo planets you’ve pretty much seen everything at that point, the only things changing are the colors.

Would love to find enough variety added into the game to bring everyone back, we generally liked playing the game, it just got really boring doing the same things over and over.

1 Like

Approximately™… Imminently™Soon™:sunglasses:

4 Likes

You have to pay James if you wanna use his trademarks

1 Like

Lol, he’ll be aiight.

1 Like

They were working on The Hunter but it was sidelined for some other work and still needs a once-over for the game play and a few other things to make it ready. They at some point were looking at a possible loot redo and likely around that time we would get a combat balance and a few more mobs.

5 Likes

That trademark belongs to Activision Blizzard. I mean. … Did I say that out-loud?

4 Likes

Right? I think “Imminently” though is going to live forever here and it’s a perfect replacement for soon :grin:

2 Likes

I’m assuming with all the hype and interest in sovereign world’s, once the team is able to settle back into their normal cycle of things they’ll have enough money to be able to crank out real content updates. I can only hope though

My prediction is the next “new” creatures will be reskins for t8 planets

IMG_2271

Reskins are not new creatures.

Dangit @Xaldafax you know that every time “that” gets mentioned, the devs push it’s release back one week!

2 Likes

I thought it only happened when you called out it’s true name. Warp Wraith

1 Like