When the sky is the limit

I am looking for a master builder to help me make this under my Cathedral all the way to the Keep

4 Likes

Well, that counts me out…

1 Like

you are a good builder and have a great mind. Together you can do more than alone.

also

1 Like

Put some blue gleam under a surface of water (mess with the depth and color before going nuts). The house looking buildings don’t look challenging just stick to a grayish stone and add windows and doors in the appropriate places. For the temple picture the light in the bases of the pillars just make a 3-5x3-5x1 of either green gleam or lanterns and keep them deep so you can only see the light not the blocks themselves.

Obviously I don’t intend to build that with/for you so hopefully my observation helps out a bit if you are a less organized builder.

1 Like

Have you thought about measurements and sizes of everything? It would help to have some idea of approximate size, because then it would help to design and calculate how much work does like 1 of those Crystal temple pillars require.

I have own project which is not important (and can be continued anytime) and also already planning/gathering stuff for @Larfleece ´s project so I can´t join you full time, but I think you could have work for me in week or so depending on how that project goes.

I´m good at multitasking and I can design plus think how could those 3 image be built in Oort while building actual stuff elsewhere. If you have job that necessarily needs 2 or more people, give me a call.

2 Likes

It is a planner that I need really someone to asses with me how to do it :slight_smile: I never really plan builds I see a picture or I visit a town and see buildings I would like to replicate more or less and I just start. All very chaotic. Nothing ever looks the same not even when I try to make the same building again :blush:

1 Like

I’d like to help ._. I need to pause the keep building but I promise I’ll finish it

2 Likes

I know you will! But I also know you want your own town so I understand that you don’t want to spend all your time on the keep.

1 Like

I have one quick question; Have you found place to build this?

This thing needs lot of space, because make it too small and it will look silly. Also to get that lighting and open space like in picture 1, I quickly would calculate it without making any grid or compare building sizes to other objects in image something like 80-100 blocks hight

1 Like

there’s a big cave underneath the cathedral. so yes

1 Like

yep it goes all the way under my city from the Keep to the Cathedral

1 Like

btw I’m building the town with two friends and as long as they arent online I can help you with everything :slight_smile: I just don’t know how to finish the keep but I’ll try my best (but later)

1 Like

I’m no master builder, but I think i can handle the houses and replicating pillars or other designs once I know what it’s supposed to look like. I’d love the help, that big ol’ cave is perfect for this.

some early WIP screenshots:

6 Likes

doesn’t do it real justice, for real it is much cooler :sunglasses:
We are a great team :blush:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: That’s incredible!
Reminds me of this: Minas Morgul

1 Like

yes we came to the same conclusion. The magic of gleam!

1 Like

That’s exactly what we thought too :smiley: I guess it’s the gleam