Where can I buy/pre-order the PS4 DISC version? DEFINITELY NOT the digital version!

17 Likes

@Haelos where can i get one!!!

2 Likes

Excuse me but I’d like my games to be on punched tape

4 Likes

Goodness me.

All round in fact, from everyone’s posts.

Absolutely. Okay, heard that loud and clear. I’m also quite “old school” and older as well, for a gamer.

Wait. So, not absolutely?

With all respect, I don’t understand this. Do you boycott all independent games? The only way most small games can even compete is because of the digital revolution. I can honestly understand not liking the format. But don’t punish games that otherwise could not compete if they had to produce physical materials and add that cost to their already tight budgets. I hope you buy the game, but if you can’t, please don’t spread negative reviews simply because it doesn’t match your very specific needs.

7 Likes

First of all: There’s nothing wrong with the tone in this thread (yet). I just wanna remind you all of those wise words :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Although, not a negative reviewer … the sentiment is the same :wink:

1 Like

I have bought a few games when they are very cheap 50-70% or more off initial price, but will not buy brand new games digitally, and pay full price. So when this game eventually goes on sale in the PSN store, I will have no interest by then since it will be WAY PAST Day 1 Release, the “mad rush of MMOers to see how far they get in the first day playing”. I know the PC early access people have already accessed the game, and don’t think that is fair either, both PC and PS4 day 1 should be at the same time, but I only have interest in starting the game on PS4 Day 1 with a disc copy. I’m just the only one voicing my opinion but hey, I’m sure at least 30-40% of sales come from disc versions that they will lose out on, but of course, 99.9% of consumers are complacent, and will either “settle for” the digital version, or pass up the game since it’s not in disc format. I, for one, wanted to politely ask if a disc version will be available, since it’s not readily available in the obvious places like Amazon (which I would immediately get a 20% discount and free shipping to begin with) and Gamestop, and thought it was weird NO ONE commented on this in the past month since the announcement of a PS4 version, so let me be the first one. And since I’m definitely not paying for a full priced digital version, I have no choice but to tell my Facebook friends, and blog readers I can’t review it, since WHY would I expect them NOT to have a disc version a month ago when it was announced and I was eagerly awaiting it, and only learning now that it’s not in my usual internet store locations. Hey, if you guys care so much about my comments, then each of you donate just a few dollars to reach $40 and yes, I’ll get the digital copy then!!

Boundless is an online multiplayer game, where most if not all information is stored on the servers, which are in different regions all over the world and are connected seamlessly by player-made portals…
if you’re looking for a single player version… it doesn’t exist, unfortunately… there wouldn’t be much information on the disc anyway since you would have to download the majority of it already.

2 Likes

I’m not looking for a single player game. I’m fully aware it’s an MMO, which is exactly what I play and want. I’ve played several beta MMOs, like Aion, Final Fantasy 14, which I’m currently playing, earlier tonight after I got home from work, but taking a break to address these comments, Guild Wars 2 since closed beta, Skyforge, etc. BUT, on the other hand, I have boxes from all of those, mostly collector’s edition ones as well.

I started playing games on the ZX Spectrum and Atari Console but I’m glad to say I’ve managed to move with the times although I do agree digital downloads should be a bit cheaper than the physical copy due to no packaging etc …or is it physical copies should be more expensive than digital downloads? :thinking:

1 Like

^ This. This game is $35. In Denmark a similar game would cost $50 at least! Maybe more like $65. I suppose the price difference is somewhat similar in other countries? No?

To be honest I don’t know but quite often I have seen physical copies of games particularly ps4 ones that are cheaper to buy off the shelf in supermarkets than a digital copy online.

1 Like

Different stores run different discounts to attract customers. I think in general the digital version would more often than not be cheaper. And in this particular case I’m pretty sure, the physical version wouldn’t be $35.

2 Likes

It’s funny that you mention Final Fantasy 14. Because it’s just a plastic box with the key. The Disc only contains the installer that then downloads the game from the same servers where the digital version is downloaded from and since it’s an mmo you can’t give the disc to friends, because the key is used.
And you’ll never use the disc again because the game completely on your harddrive. It’s basically the digital version, except that the key came in plastic box.
If it’s the plastic box your are after, i can make you one and send it to you.

I get the argument for physical collectors editions, I like them as well.
But you never mentioned your desire to get one for Boundless in your initial post. Hence the confusion.
And the answer here is: Boundless won’t get a physical collectors edition, as far as we know.

4 Likes

Nice troll post, seen it copy pasted and varied a few times before. But in the end no one really gives a toss about how your personal preference stopped you enjoying a good thing, They will just go to someone else for a review or preview of the game. You only make your own opinion irrelevant by refusing to get with the times.

So simply put; I don’t personally appreciate someone who has no credibility coming here and having a moan because someone else wont conform to your preference. I wouldn’t want to play with you simply because of your attitude, so in my personal opinion Boundless as a community are better off without you. Wonderstruck has done a bloody good job getting this game to where it is now, And with or without your purchase they will continue to develop this game and will have my support as well as many others.

Also [Insert rant about global warming, Single use plastics and other rubbish here].

I sincerely hope you get with the way of the word, only you miss out if you don’t.

Regards Lynx

3 Likes

Hi Dragonsi,

Unfortunately there isn’t a Disc version of Boundless at the moment, we totally understand there are many players like yourself who like to have the physical copies of games; particularly on console. We had a long discussion a while ago about whether we should have a Disc version, and we decided it was more of a sensible option to go for Digital Download for now.

This isn’t to say we wouldn’t consider a physical copy in the future though.

10 Likes

Instead, Give out physical copies of the art book.

2 Likes

They do, for backers with the higher tiers.

1 Like

Not to be rude, but this sounds like a “you” problem. Physical releases are less common because it eats away the profit margin.

1 Like