Where can I buy/pre-order the PS4 DISC version? DEFINITELY NOT the digital version!

You have me sold on the game with your trailer, and I’ve watched several Youtube “Let’s Play” teaching videos of the game. I’m ready to by the DISC version for my PS4. I CAN NOT find it at Amazon, since I’m a Prime member and already get 20% off Pre-orders, and free shipping, NOR can I find it at Gamestop. I heard through some of the videos that Square Enix is doing the PC release and your company is doing the PS4 version release, but come on, make it easier to find an actual psychical disc copy! I’m 48, and “old school” and ABSOLUTELY will not buy digital, but ready to spend money on a disc copy immediately to get in on Day 1 Release of the PS4 version.

This is a solid question, I’m not sure what the options for a physical copy are - the dev’s should be around here in a bit (a few hours or so I’d guess) and they’ll have an answer for whether or not there will be a physical release copy

Please consider buying it even if there’s no physical copies. You won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

I doubt theres gonna be a physical release. Why is it you don’t wanna buy digital? Your experience with the game isn’t going to change. If you absolutely need the game files to be on a disc, just put it on a disc yourself. But again, its not gonna change the gaming experience.

2 Likes

I’m 48, and once again, “old school”. Sorry, I’m not changing my mind, and that would bother my OCD way too much. I’ve been collecting boxes since Atari, Intellivision, Colecovision etc. The FIRST console I ever played was THE FIRST console, Pong! by Sears, that Santa brought me for Christmas in 1977. I probably have about 70-80 PS4 DISC games in my collection. I ABSOLUTELY will not give in to the “digital revolution”. If they can’t bother to put it on disk, I can’t bother to buy it. The ONLY time I buy digital games is when they are 50% or more off on price, so hey, if they lower this basic edition of the game from $40 to $20, that might be the only way I buy it digitally. But of course, I want to be there on “Day 1 Release” as I have for any MMO, including Final Fantasy 14 1.0 beta 8 years ago, and if months go buy until the price is lowered, obviously I have no interest in getting in on an MMO months after release if I would be choosing a crafter’s job and want to start crafting on Day 1. I would NEVER pay full price for a digital game, especially when you consider the extra money they pay for discs, manufacturing, distrobution, etc, but yet, they can’t lower the digital price to reflect that savings, and have the nerve to charge the same exact full price for both editions as well? NO THANKS. I’ve boycotted MANY things in the last 40 years, and will have to let my 5,000 Facebook friends, plus my blog readers know I couldn’t review this game since I won’t buy anything other than discs.

If you collect physical games thats fine, but buying a digital game now and then isn’t gonna break your collection. You are missing out on a lot of great indie games by refusing to “give in to the digital revolution”, if you truly have OCD then I am sorry for that but for smaller games like Boundless it just doesn’t make sense for it to get a physical release. I wouldn’t be surprised if games are gonna be only digital in the future. I guess then you’d have to stop gaming?

7 Likes

@Cirlex Took the words right out of my mouth.

1 Like

Careful now. Thanks can get physical. :wink:

17 Likes

@Haelos where can i get one!!!

2 Likes

Excuse me but I’d like my games to be on punched tape

4 Likes

Goodness me.

All round in fact, from everyone’s posts.

Absolutely. Okay, heard that loud and clear. I’m also quite “old school” and older as well, for a gamer.

Wait. So, not absolutely?

With all respect, I don’t understand this. Do you boycott all independent games? The only way most small games can even compete is because of the digital revolution. I can honestly understand not liking the format. But don’t punish games that otherwise could not compete if they had to produce physical materials and add that cost to their already tight budgets. I hope you buy the game, but if you can’t, please don’t spread negative reviews simply because it doesn’t match your very specific needs.

7 Likes

First of all: There’s nothing wrong with the tone in this thread (yet). I just wanna remind you all of those wise words :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Although, not a negative reviewer … the sentiment is the same :wink:

1 Like

I have bought a few games when they are very cheap 50-70% or more off initial price, but will not buy brand new games digitally, and pay full price. So when this game eventually goes on sale in the PSN store, I will have no interest by then since it will be WAY PAST Day 1 Release, the “mad rush of MMOers to see how far they get in the first day playing”. I know the PC early access people have already accessed the game, and don’t think that is fair either, both PC and PS4 day 1 should be at the same time, but I only have interest in starting the game on PS4 Day 1 with a disc copy. I’m just the only one voicing my opinion but hey, I’m sure at least 30-40% of sales come from disc versions that they will lose out on, but of course, 99.9% of consumers are complacent, and will either “settle for” the digital version, or pass up the game since it’s not in disc format. I, for one, wanted to politely ask if a disc version will be available, since it’s not readily available in the obvious places like Amazon (which I would immediately get a 20% discount and free shipping to begin with) and Gamestop, and thought it was weird NO ONE commented on this in the past month since the announcement of a PS4 version, so let me be the first one. And since I’m definitely not paying for a full priced digital version, I have no choice but to tell my Facebook friends, and blog readers I can’t review it, since WHY would I expect them NOT to have a disc version a month ago when it was announced and I was eagerly awaiting it, and only learning now that it’s not in my usual internet store locations. Hey, if you guys care so much about my comments, then each of you donate just a few dollars to reach $40 and yes, I’ll get the digital copy then!!

Boundless is an online multiplayer game, where most if not all information is stored on the servers, which are in different regions all over the world and are connected seamlessly by player-made portals…
if you’re looking for a single player version… it doesn’t exist, unfortunately… there wouldn’t be much information on the disc anyway since you would have to download the majority of it already.

2 Likes

I’m not looking for a single player game. I’m fully aware it’s an MMO, which is exactly what I play and want. I’ve played several beta MMOs, like Aion, Final Fantasy 14, which I’m currently playing, earlier tonight after I got home from work, but taking a break to address these comments, Guild Wars 2 since closed beta, Skyforge, etc. BUT, on the other hand, I have boxes from all of those, mostly collector’s edition ones as well.

I started playing games on the ZX Spectrum and Atari Console but I’m glad to say I’ve managed to move with the times although I do agree digital downloads should be a bit cheaper than the physical copy due to no packaging etc …or is it physical copies should be more expensive than digital downloads? :thinking:

1 Like

^ This. This game is $35. In Denmark a similar game would cost $50 at least! Maybe more like $65. I suppose the price difference is somewhat similar in other countries? No?