Where can I buy/pre-order the PS4 DISC version? DEFINITELY NOT the digital version!

To be honest I don’t know but quite often I have seen physical copies of games particularly ps4 ones that are cheaper to buy off the shelf in supermarkets than a digital copy online.

1 Like

Different stores run different discounts to attract customers. I think in general the digital version would more often than not be cheaper. And in this particular case I’m pretty sure, the physical version wouldn’t be $35.

2 Likes

It’s funny that you mention Final Fantasy 14. Because it’s just a plastic box with the key. The Disc only contains the installer that then downloads the game from the same servers where the digital version is downloaded from and since it’s an mmo you can’t give the disc to friends, because the key is used.
And you’ll never use the disc again because the game completely on your harddrive. It’s basically the digital version, except that the key came in plastic box.
If it’s the plastic box your are after, i can make you one and send it to you.

I get the argument for physical collectors editions, I like them as well.
But you never mentioned your desire to get one for Boundless in your initial post. Hence the confusion.
And the answer here is: Boundless won’t get a physical collectors edition, as far as we know.

4 Likes

Nice troll post, seen it copy pasted and varied a few times before. But in the end no one really gives a toss about how your personal preference stopped you enjoying a good thing, They will just go to someone else for a review or preview of the game. You only make your own opinion irrelevant by refusing to get with the times.

So simply put; I don’t personally appreciate someone who has no credibility coming here and having a moan because someone else wont conform to your preference. I wouldn’t want to play with you simply because of your attitude, so in my personal opinion Boundless as a community are better off without you. Wonderstruck has done a bloody good job getting this game to where it is now, And with or without your purchase they will continue to develop this game and will have my support as well as many others.

Also [Insert rant about global warming, Single use plastics and other rubbish here].

I sincerely hope you get with the way of the word, only you miss out if you don’t.

Regards Lynx

3 Likes

Hi Dragonsi,

Unfortunately there isn’t a Disc version of Boundless at the moment, we totally understand there are many players like yourself who like to have the physical copies of games; particularly on console. We had a long discussion a while ago about whether we should have a Disc version, and we decided it was more of a sensible option to go for Digital Download for now.

This isn’t to say we wouldn’t consider a physical copy in the future though.

10 Likes

Instead, Give out physical copies of the art book.

2 Likes

They do, for backers with the higher tiers.

1 Like

Not to be rude, but this sounds like a “you” problem. Physical releases are less common because it eats away the profit margin.

1 Like

Lol, I’m pushing 60 and have completely abandoned physical media. There’s a lot of great indies to be played that will never see physical media. I bought a Switch just so I can buy digital and eliminate swapping discs/cartridges. Maybe you could make your own box using in-game art.

7 Likes

I don’t know if this was intended as a phun, but it’s not a bad idea tbh :slight_smile: “This box I made myself. The game is so good it deserved a physical representation on my game shelf”.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know Steggs. I’m just definitely not interested in digital versions, and also paying full price for them,. If you can offer me a special discount on it, I will be glad to play it opening day. I’m OCD about starting on Day 1 Release day for MMOs along with everyone else. Otherwise I will just have to tell my subscribers this is the first game, which I thought was AAA, that I won’t be playing,after informing them several weeks ago I would be, when I saw your trailer for the first time. I just have no interest in playing it on Steam. And I’m sure there’s probably at least 20-30-40% of your consumer base that wanted it on disc, that just quietly will move along and not buy it, (or an even smaller amount that relent and buy the digital version) and never post anything at all. I just happen to the 1 person who is speaking up about his disappointment in it NOT being in disc format, and boycotting digital versions unless substantially discounted. If you can offer me a discount or code, etc, I will gladly send you my email address or PS4 gamertag and be there on Day 1. Otherwise, realistically, once the game is eventually discounted months down the road, I will have no interest in joining an MMO 3-5-6 AFTER Day 1 PS4 release, sorry, and will have to inform my Facebook friends and blog followers.

That’s a pity, you’ll be missing out on such a fantastic game :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a great game and I love your passion for MMO’s/gaming which I genuinely share. That said I am not sure your approach of basically extortion for a discount is really the best way to jump into a new community. Hope you find something that works for you!

5 Likes

So what you are really saying…
“Give me a free copy or I will tell all my followers this game sucks!”

Please stop the drama.

6 Likes

Is this game a AAA game? I thought it was more akin to an indie title? EA has influence but I didn’t think they bought the title…

how unsanitary!

Maybe he wear gloves and cleaned it afterwards? :smiley:

Well obviously hands were washed first! It’s like going to the dentist, but without the immense fear beforehand.

1 Like

Out of interest, what’s the link of the blog you’re mentioning?

1 Like

So you will never play Playersunknown Battlegrounds despite it selling 50 million copies since it does not come with a disc in the box or Man’s Sky because the PC version was out way before the PS4 version. Sounds like your “followers” are missing a lot following you.

2 Likes