Where can I buy/pre-order the PS4 DISC version? DEFINITELY NOT the digital version!

To the community in this thread:

Comments like these are going to be more common as we approach release on Steam, and they are likely to appear more on Steam than here.

Even if you feel he is a troll, or blackmailing the devs with his claims of a “subscriber” base, he may also be a sincere, real person, who has real feelings, and has the power to shape the perception of the game’s launch.

We all have to treat new possible customers with the utmost respect, regardless of their beliefs, or whether we feel they are “right” or “wrong”, “good” or “bad”. We need to sell and promote the content we believe makes this a game worth paying full price for without a physical copy.

I’m concerned with some of the sarcastic posts already made in this thread. We need to treat all new customers with the respect and honesty you all have treated each other these past 4 years of Early Access, whether you’re an “Explorer” or an “Oortian” or you’re somewhere in between.

To @Dragonsi

What I would say is, even Minecraft didn’t get a physical release until it became more popular. If you look back at my old posts, you’ll see I’m one of the most vocal critics of this game, but having spent some time in it recently, I feel the pros outweigh the cons, and that this game is a real gem. I urge you to reconsider, and understand that if even I, a vocal critic, can find himself appreciating this game, maybe so can you.

I’m sorry there isn’t a Physical Release, as I’m sure the community here would truly like to have you onboard. Please consider buying it later on if you can’t justify it right now.

Thank you.

5 Likes

I agree with Miner completely on this one guys.

Maybe the OP is being unreasonable, I feel like slightly that is true, admittedly, but we can’t be the kind of community who bashes someone over it.

Instead, just say, its a shame you’re going to miss out! Hopefully you change your mind later! @Dragonsi - have a good one in the meantime.

2 Likes

Hi Dragonski,

i can completely understand you, no Download on this World is able to carry over the feelings a freshly opened Disc Version can bring and the struggle of Buying Discs these Days.
I for myself found the Solution in Retroarch + Project Hyperspin. It feels just incredible to “own” every Console Game on this Planet from Gen. 1 up to 4 and most of the Games from Gen 5 to 6.
This way it feels like putting a Piece into your Collection Downloading Stuff and it feels even better to find the Physical Copy of something after Years of searching for a few Euro :wink:

Maybe this could free you from this “curse” too :stuck_out_tongue:.

LOL, extortion it is, lets give you a discount because you’re a special case and have lots of physical media friends on facebook. Maybe they could release a disc version and sell it for $80. Then you can buy the digital version at at the $40 half price discount. I think 20-30% of gamers wanting physical media is correct if you remove the zeros. lol

Guys, don’t make me start deleting posts or locking the thread… If you don’t have anything valuable to add to the conversation, then please move on.

@Dragonsi we have an influencer program in the works, @SamF is working on it with Square Enix so feel free to drop Sam a PM to register your interest.

7 Likes

Well in that case…

I have lots of friends and I’ve boycotted stuff too. I’ll be second in line for the digital discount. My FB is off the chain, dawg.

2 Likes

Clearly this thread isn’t going anywhere, locking it here.