Which forging strategy really works for everyone?

redlotus how many revolutions do you make enough to get that to max i would get that too only my rift arcs I do with a maximum of 30 revolutions if at all

Yeah, losing the ingredients isn’t really what drives me crazy. The time investment in forging is what drives me nuts.

My intrest IS how Long do you Need for making a full Stack of T6 Hammers and how much are your forging Material costs takeing Market prices making the forge ingridians @SWProzee1 @Marcel0206
Greetings Turrican2006

I have spent a few million in forging ingredients. As I stated if you can afford to make max tools its not too difficult just a bit costly.

I just want to learn how to forge these things without decon every other attempt. Seriously. I’ve tried the methodology to forging and a few other variants that Quiet taught me but still forging makes me crazy. Even if I had hints to which deck items are not going to help.

Been trying to make T7 speed hammers max speed and damage… I’d pay good coin for those. My T7 hammer dealer left the game… :frowning: Who’s my new dealer? lol

Either I learn, or get a dealer… those are really my only options cause I need them… I love mining exos - and time is precious :heartpulse:

^c^

1 Like

This helped me! I never thought to do the longevity/lightness gums first. I was able to get what I needed with less stress! Thank you!

6 Likes

I can teach you how to make T7 Tools with max Speed .

Greetings Turrican2006

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I Made a new Forge vid for T7 Speed Tools

Enjoy and hopefully IT helps you.

If IT does perhaps you Like the vid or make a comment or even subscribe and do this the Same on all Other vids for Boundless to get more attention to the Game .
Because If you do some of Things i Said IT will be showed more Up in Other Previews too.
Thx in advance :grinning::grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

Awesome video. I do think this video is a misrepresentation of forging though and just how frustrating it can be.

See the problem here is you were able to get all three of the boons you wanted on the first try for each one. This video doesn’t show all the times you had to start over or transmute/remove a boon when the wrong boon was rolled, you also got very lucky on the rolls for the speed boon with a +4 speed roll and then a few decent rolls after that, along with the fact of zero quirks or defects except the single one at the end.

I do applaud you though showing people how to forge even though it wasn’t an exact representation of it and the frustrations it can cause.

2 Likes

The Pause between was Just going to my chest refilling everything nothing was Cut from forging attemps , i was Lucky that day defenetly .

Told or Said that i was very lucky on the First try to get all i Need First try.

I wanted to Show the steps how to do and what IS Needed to Forge T7 Speed Tools that IT went so good i ve Not expected .

Normaly i have deconstruct around 5 Times to get the boons i want.
That makes These Tools also expensive to sell Not If you use IT your self . And its time consuming normaly.

I do Forge my bows Same was Like T7 Tools so they are very very effektive on T6 hunts.

There i do max damage and Speed and between 4 and 6 tuple shoots depending on luck or better on gems you Forge but Always going for max damage.

4 Likes

The forge is a RNG roll everytime. It irritates me when I see someone say the the forge is ■■■■ every single time, because it’s not. Sometimes it’s just that, you get everything you want the first time you go for it. Other times you go through your whole supply of ingredients.
There is no video that will ever represent the Forge in the way it is because of the RNG factor.
Either forge or don’t forge, this is what I say to people. If it frustrates you then please move on. Life will be simpler this way.

5 Likes

You aren’t wrong. I stopped forging because I got tired of the RNG. Now I just spend pretty much all of my coins on forged tools and I enjoy the game more. Is forging a difficult process to understand? No. Is it annoying when you have a bad day? Definitely. Every player has a finite amount of time they can play, so enjoying that time is key.

3 Likes

Exactly, my whole point is this…

If I showed you a video on this … you would get bored, and it would turn you off from forging probably for lucents at least. It doesn’t frustrate me I take it as a challenge, but when people post a video of forging it’s almost 99% a misrepresentation of how forging is. They don’t show the failures… which is typical. Want a maxed out tool let me know I can do them all day … is it easy? Yup… is it cheap or guaranteed to work every roll, nope.

A new player watching that video wouldn’t understand what they are doing wrong, when they are doing exactly like the videos but not getting the same results.

Exactly this.

1 Like

Lucent weapons are a complete waste of ingredients. I can forge you a better Gem Weapon any day of the week, for cheaper mats and less time consuming, even if it is for T7 hunting.

There is already videos out there of Lucent forges for 500+ rounds. There are videos if people want to see them. Everyone knows the failures of forging, but it is all everyone talks about. And you wonder why the main forge shops are closed, and main forgers leave the game.

Just like I said in my earlier post, It is all RNG. Forging is not meant for New Players.

4 Likes

Just a nudge because crafting is very reliable/predictable, unlike forging.

Just this week I decided to capture some forging - forging was going well for me on simple tools but as soon as I turned on capture I had to decon a level 1 shovel :rofl:

At that point I decided to definitely post it for some of the reasons you mention here. Sometimes, that’s just how it goes. And seeing the videos that get posted I sometimes feel like there’s a certain bias towards “Oh, that was a good run, I’ll post it.”

Maybe not with longer videos but it’s definitely what I think when I see a single-run video get posted.

Boring? :rofl:

4 Likes

I agree but you still miss the point. New players will want to know how to forge and with all main forge shops closed new forgers come along. Most of the main forge shops closed because they quit the game, not because of the complaints. EZPZ with Karios and Whitelet, Nick @ GTG etc. etc. There are plenty of forgers around… @georgegroeg, @Collussus, @SWProzee1 and a number others. (sorry if I didn’t mention you).

Anyways, new players need to be taught to forge and only showing a success isn’t the way to go.

EDIT: @Nightstar thanks for the catch corrected crafting to forging.

3 Likes

That’s it I’m making a video of forging lol…

Hey, I don’t need a mention. I just forge for those that matter to me or those that know to ask.
There is always another underlying reason even if you don’t think there is for a forge shop closing. Like not being able to keep up with demand, stress of trying to maintain high standards. Always something.

3 Likes

Sigh … I hate text it never conveys meaning or emotion, but I was apologizing to all the other forgers out there that I failed to mention as there are many out there. Now that I know you forge… I need some … just kidding! You revive me in hunts more than enough as it is. :slight_smile:

i just got into forging and for me its reading skills 1st lol

1 Like