Which forging strategy really works for everyone?

Which forging strategy really works for everyone? - And not just for celebrities or streamer or Youtuber?

I farm spitter eyes, and use only pure boons on gem tools that i use. not always the best stats but not much money involved.

1 Like

For basic forging, add as many advanced power coils as you can, then use between 3 and 5 of the appropriate gums (for AOE it would be Special Gum, etc) and spam pure boon compounds, then when you have the desired forge effect at the desired level, cleanse the gum effect with a Vigour Catalyst 2 (or 1, but 2 is probably preferable in most cases) to recover the spent vigour.

Repeat until you get at least two desired effects. If you already have all effects, and still have Stability left, keep spamming pure boons until youā€™re at 110 stability or less, then use a Setting Resin.

If making AOE tools, avoid leveling that boon past the All Effect Adjacent level, the next one is really crappy. Set it if that bar bets close to full.

Thatā€™s about it.

Always pay attention to the stability meter before each round, if it goes to zero the tool breaks and you lose all spent ingredients.

More advanced strategies use more expensive ingredients, can be less random, and can potentially go for more rounds, but thatā€™s the basics to make decent enough cheap tools for personal use.

Another possible strategy is to just go full gambling mode and spam Pure Boon Compounds only and take whatever boons you get, until youā€™re out of vigour/stability. Itā€™s a lot more random as to how good the result will be, but it will always be an improvement over the base item, since it doesnā€™t give any defect or quirk points. But itā€™s also a lot cheaper in material costs. I wouldnā€™t use this on gem tools tho.

Why do you use Vigour Catalyst if all you use is PBC? PBC only consumes stability.

1 Like

To remove the gum and switch it to another kind. Its not necessary in many cases but it can be useful if youā€™re trying to be really specific

1 Like

I do it primarily to strip away the gum buffs. If you donā€™t you get stuck with boon points only going to the things buffed by the gums.

If youā€™re using 5 gums each, itā€™ll return 250 vigour and cost 200, so its a net gain of 50 vigour over not using the catalyst, tho thatā€™s a small bonus.

Also, I use all three levels of PBC, depending on how full the boon bar is, and only the first level costs 0 vigour, as far as I know.

3 Likes

I wish I could help, used to be the ā€œForgemasterā€ and my strategies were widely accepted as the best but I have to be honest I havenā€™t used the forge since the patch some months agoā€¦

I guess I need to go in and relearn the process so I can offer help again :stuck_out_tongue:

What the others have said so far seems like good advice though, gums -> pure boon comp 3.

One strat I used to use a lot that I THINK might still be viable was to use gums, then fate paste, boon buff paste 2, then 4 pure boon comp 3. You either repeat starting with the pastes or you use a catalyst to remove the gums if you wanna change them, but this usually is unnecessary in my experience.

Having one of either boon transmute or boon removal solvents is a very big help also and highly recommended

*edit note - Boon transmute solvent might be expensive as all heck, idk what a roadrunner feather costs these days though? I used to pay 5k each for em :man_shrugging: but I havenā€™t a clue if thatā€™s an accurate price now

1 Like

Itā€™s a lot easier now since you get double boon points with a fully powered forge, so PBC gets a lot more viable as a main spam thing for boon points.

The old strategies for regaining vigour / stability to go for more rounds are still there but the guy wanted a ā€˜beginner friendlyā€™ thing and that would over-complicate it, too many variables.

Transmutes/removals are a bit cheaper. Some good farming spots for feathers, and prices in general went down. I think people are buying 'em for 2k max now.

Want to make forging easy? Donā€™t want any quirks or defects? Donā€™t want to have complicated decks with expensive materials? Are you fine with 2-shot T6 hammers that cost you around 4k coins in materials to make? For simpler stuff this is easily adaptable, you can do tools with boons from 2 categories. Healing bombs with damage, check. World regen bombs with range, check. Slingbows with range, light and fast projectiles and durability, check.

I donā€™t use vigour catalysts or any boon removal or transmute stuff. Also I only use pure boon compounds, 1 and 3. Then I simply spam deconstruction resin 2 until I get what I wanted. The only thing this canā€™t do is lvl 9 damage reliably, that requires other forms of boon point generation.

For an AOE hammer the process is:

• 2 effect gums, add points until I get a boon
    • If itā€™s not damage, deconstruct and repeat this until it is damage
  • 4 special gums
  • Protection paste
  • Add points until I get a boon
    • If the last two slots roll something else than flankers, deconstruct and start from beginning
  • 2 effect gums to get an equal chance of increasing damage and aoe. You usually have magnetic as the 3rd and that maxes out fast, so most of the time youā€™re just rolling between aoe and damage. If you have some other boon that can go high, like crit, you will probably end up with a lower damage.
    • After this point keep protection up, and during the process I try to keep vigour equal to stability with invigoration 2, you usually spend 2 of them during the process.
  • Add points until I either reach the damage target or, failing to do so, deconstruct

After forging maybe 30 aoe hammers/shovels I usually get damage 7-8, and spend, on average, 4k coins per tool if I bought all the materials with request baskets.

This is the bill of materials youā€™re going to need to make one mass craft (100 of each) for each material youā€™ll need.

• Pure Boon I
  • Pure Boon III
  • Effect Gum
  • Special Gum
  • Protection Paste
  • Invigoration Paste
  • Deconstruction Resin II

edit: You can hit a really bad rng streak and it might feel really bad, Iā€™ve rolled ease boon when I had 4 effect and 4 special gums. There should imo be a cutoff where the chance of rolling a different category is absolutely zero. 8 gums shouldnā€™t be able to roll anything else. But in the end this is still cheaper than using feathers.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s still plenty who buy them at 5k and 6k. I actually think I see more 5k than I do anything under that

1 Like

Interesting. Iā€™m not a seller so I havenā€™t really researched the prices, but most shops that Iā€™ve stumbled across while looking for things to buy, had feather baskets for 2k and under, hopper cores 1k and under. Some were significantly under, like 150 for both. :roll_eyes:

Whatā€™s wrong with PBC2?

Nothing, you can add it to the deck if you feel like it since thereā€™s plenty of empty space. Now that I think of it, there are cases where it would be useful, but I havenā€™t actually tried it. It does cost spitter eyes, I might rather just use them to make PBC3. I usually donā€™t have a problem with vigour, stability is the limiting factor with my deck. Using PBC2 might be able to push damage a bit higher though, Iā€™ll try it the next time Iā€™m making something.

And how many, I have to pay to the Devs, that I get the Boons that I want. I forged up to 300 Tools and absolutly no one is with the same boons like Jiivitas tools in his video and I make it 100% like him.

My method is similar but i use draining boon compound 1 instead of pure boon. Similar to the method @Merln uses/used. Note: I have max power on my forge for 200 effectiveness. This method i just used yesterday with diamond hammers for 1 shot T6.

Start with 1 special gum. Draining boon compound 1 to get aoe boon. If you donā€™t get aoe i use boon removal solvent 1 (much cheaper) but boon transmute works if you donā€™t care about cost. If I dont get aoe after 2 removal solvent rolls i use decon resin 3 to get mats and hammer back.

After getting aoe boon use vigour catalyst 2 to get clear deck and some vigour back. Next I use 1 lightness gum for speed. (Longevity aka durability is also an option) but with forging changes i probably only get to rank 2-6 on this boon. Once you get busy bee (speed) or durability use another vigour cat 2 to clear deck.

Next i put on a stability paste to get some stability while i roll gums. Put on 3 effect gum for damage. Draining boon 1. If you dont get damage, use boon removal solvent 1 or 2 times. If still no damage, decon resin 3.

Once you get devastating damage boon use a fate paste 2. 4 or 5 rolls should get you to rank 8 damage for 1 shot hammer. After that, vigour catalyst 2 again to clear deck.

Now here is where i play RNG a bit. One option is to go straight into 3 special gum, fate paste 2, and get aoe to 4. Then use a setting resin. But the RNG is usually on my side lol.

With a clear deck I use only fate paste 2. Roll a few times and hope points go into busy bee and the rest into aoe. If my stability gets low i throw on some special gum and make sure i get aoe to 4.

Thereā€™s probably better ways but this has been working for me. You have a chance to get quirks but I donā€™t mind any of the quirks besides bouncy feet. But sometimes i can forge quirkless hammers this way.

Edit: another option is a 2 shot sapphire hammer. Sapphires/topaz are also easiest gem to farm. You only need rank 4 or 5 damage for a sapphire hammer i believe for 2 shot. Could probably take durability over speed on a sapphire hammer and go higher rank dura instesd of high rank dmg

Thank you. Iā€™ll try it that way. But unfortunately I have to farm materials for weeks now.

Yea its only a pain up front but after youā€™re set up it really pays off being able to forge what you need/when you need. And the materials last me a long time as well forging mainly for myself

Can you tell us which materials specifically that trouble you? Someone here might be able to get you some farming tips!

The things of animals. The trophies, especially. But even with the other things, I have so many tempers.

1 Like

Arkā€™nā€™Artā€™s buys feathers at 5k, always keeping 100k in the basket.

You can buy all the compounds/gums etc. that you need at Arkā€™nā€™Artā€™s as well. Make coin selling the mats to my request baskets, then buy what you need or canā€™t gather for.

2 Likes