Which forging strategy really works for everyone?

Hardest thing to get in the deck i use will be the hopper cores. By the time u get 18 of those you will (likely) have the other monster parts u need. You can also just buy them for 900-1200 each in a shop

Max luck and tagging along on T6 meteor hunts will get you this pretty easily imo.

Oh yes ā€¦ making coins is one of my other big problems. Since I NEVER find request baskets that really have a budget and as good as Never anyone buys something in my shop.

Go on two T6 hunts with an autolooter and youā€™ll be set for weeks. You donā€™t even have to contribute to combat. Mass crafts worth of trophies

1 Like

I never get a loot on the T6 hunts, because Iā€™m always dying the group that does not notice it keeps on running and they do not find it anymore ā€¦ or come too late and all loots despawnten.

Iā€™ve found Ark&Arts to be the cheapest/best around for trophies.

Perhaps if people actually knew how to find your shop they might buy stuffā€¦

Huh, weird, wonder why you canā€™t see al the coin I stuff in my baskets thenā€¦

Usually if i die someone comes to rez me eventually. If you can stick with the group they will rez you 9 times out of 10 from my experience. I once died and sank to the bottom of a river and someone still came to rez me. Just keep at it and it will pay off :smile:

Are you hunting in the big P.U.R.E. and PS groups? I guess I forgot to ask

yes. I do big P.U.R.E. hunts

Alright nice. If you spend the next weeks doing something, dedicate it to leveling a hunter alt or putting some points into tank spec on a new skill page so you can just run around with an autolooter and survive more. Bodies donā€™t disappear for like 5 minutes and items take around 3(?) Which should be plenty of time even if you die and have to run back

Iā€™m going to add that I did a hunt three weekends in a row, and after a single mass craft requiring wildstock horn, Iā€™m already in need again.

The animal trophy requirements are insane. Who has time for that? The drop rate for trophies needs to be MUCH higher.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t use those ingredients in my deck. Seriously, you donā€™t need them. Just made a lvl9 dmg hammer with my deck, cost me 3k coins in ingredients. I realised the levels I mentioned in my previous post were with 150% effectiveness, even with it I could make lvl7-8 damage aoe hammers.

Iā€™ll have to take a closer look.

Cheaper method for sure but too much rng for me. But this could be a good option for people who are trying to get into forging. Definitely a better option than mine if you canā€™t easily gather/buy the higher end mats easily.

Youā€™re playing the same rng no matter the method. The difference is what you do when the rng isnā€™t favorable.

Deconstruction method restarts from scratch. Gets too expensive if you want 3 specific boons from different categories.

Boon removal method uses somewhat expensive materials to fix the bad roll by buying another roll with stab&vigor.

Boon transmute method uses super expensive materials to fix it with less impact on stab&vigor.

In my calculations I take all the deconstructions in to account. On average I deconstruct around 10 times before I have the boons I want.

Itā€™s an interesting method to consider for some stuff that I really like having (magnetic + light stuff for the off-hand for example).

I should use it to finally make a magnetic torch iron wrench for every one of my alts at some point. :stuck_out_tongue:

For regular tools I really like having aoe + damage + durability, that would probably be a bit easier with other methods.

Yeah three specific buffs is close to impossible without more advanced materials. Iā€™ve got durability only with pure luck, itā€™s funny seeing heavy duty pop up with 2 effect and 4 special gums. I mean Iā€™m happy when it happens, but more often if it misses the special category itā€™ll be something from effect category, obviously.

Forging is really more of a near endgame activity imo. Just because you can see the top of the stairs doesnā€™t mean you can or should have it right away. Really, stairs sums it up metaphorically.

Not all forging is the same, tho.

I was doing gamble-forging on iron tools with nothing more than Pure Boon 1 ever since I was able to mass craft the compound.

(Which took way longer than being able to make a forge, since reactive lamella was a bit of an annoyance around headstart / launch)

Like I said before, any forging that doesnā€™t add a defect/quirk will always be some sort of improvement, even if itā€™s a minor one, so if you can do it, thereā€™s no reason not to. :stuck_out_tongue:

More advanced techniques merely reduce the randomness.

Heck, back then I even won the random lottery once and managed to forge a stack of iron tools with 3x3 aoe without using even gums. :stuck_out_tongue: