Which forging strategy really works for everyone?

Exactly, my whole point is this…

If I showed you a video on this … you would get bored, and it would turn you off from forging probably for lucents at least. It doesn’t frustrate me I take it as a challenge, but when people post a video of forging it’s almost 99% a misrepresentation of how forging is. They don’t show the failures… which is typical. Want a maxed out tool let me know I can do them all day … is it easy? Yup… is it cheap or guaranteed to work every roll, nope.

A new player watching that video wouldn’t understand what they are doing wrong, when they are doing exactly like the videos but not getting the same results.

Exactly this.

1 Like

Lucent weapons are a complete waste of ingredients. I can forge you a better Gem Weapon any day of the week, for cheaper mats and less time consuming, even if it is for T7 hunting.

There is already videos out there of Lucent forges for 500+ rounds. There are videos if people want to see them. Everyone knows the failures of forging, but it is all everyone talks about. And you wonder why the main forge shops are closed, and main forgers leave the game.

Just like I said in my earlier post, It is all RNG. Forging is not meant for New Players.

4 Likes

Just a nudge because crafting is very reliable/predictable, unlike forging.

Just this week I decided to capture some forging - forging was going well for me on simple tools but as soon as I turned on capture I had to decon a level 1 shovel :rofl:

At that point I decided to definitely post it for some of the reasons you mention here. Sometimes, that’s just how it goes. And seeing the videos that get posted I sometimes feel like there’s a certain bias towards “Oh, that was a good run, I’ll post it.”

Maybe not with longer videos but it’s definitely what I think when I see a single-run video get posted.

Boring? :rofl:

4 Likes

I agree but you still miss the point. New players will want to know how to forge and with all main forge shops closed new forgers come along. Most of the main forge shops closed because they quit the game, not because of the complaints. EZPZ with Karios and Whitelet, Nick @ GTG etc. etc. There are plenty of forgers around… @georgegroeg, @Collussus, @SWProzee1 and a number others. (sorry if I didn’t mention you).

Anyways, new players need to be taught to forge and only showing a success isn’t the way to go.

EDIT: @Nightstar thanks for the catch corrected crafting to forging.

3 Likes

That’s it I’m making a video of forging lol…

Hey, I don’t need a mention. I just forge for those that matter to me or those that know to ask.
There is always another underlying reason even if you don’t think there is for a forge shop closing. Like not being able to keep up with demand, stress of trying to maintain high standards. Always something.

3 Likes

Sigh … I hate text it never conveys meaning or emotion, but I was apologizing to all the other forgers out there that I failed to mention as there are many out there. Now that I know you forge… I need some … just kidding! You revive me in hunts more than enough as it is. :slight_smile:

i just got into forging and for me its reading skills 1st lol

1 Like

Honestly, if you want to forge large quantities it really needs a mindset of “Eh, whatever”. Though some days I 100% walk away from my PC when the same forge fails 12 times in a row.

If you really want the essence of forging, i’d suggest that watching someone stream it is better than making a video about it. During a livestream you at least see it happen when someone fails over and over.

2 Likes

Something like that comes always from people that don’t even share their forging at all but brag how they can forge anything without any struggle…

Looking forward to it

2 Likes

I am teaching a few players how the forge works and how to forge.

I did stop making videos on forging though as those videos got soooo much negative feedback.
People seem to always know better what should have been done and what other way of forging works better etc. I am not going to deal with that anymore as they did not understand what the video was trying to show.

Some things most people just have to accept:

• There are multiple ways to forge things.
  • A hammer with a little damage + some durability is still a BETTER hammer than it was.
  • There is no wrong way of forging if you get the forged item that you want.
  • Forging a specific way CAN be inefficient though and could use finetuning.
  • It is ok to have a few forging secrets, nobody needs to share anything at all if they don’t want to.
  • Forging takes time to perfect.
  • Forging should be as it is now as a challenge, not as a guaranteed outcome process.
  • Better forge for a small group of players so forging does not become a fulltime job.

There are enough forgers still and there are enough forged items for sale.
People should stop claiming there are not enough forgers or forged items. If all the forgers in the game would make 250 items each then all those items would be sold in 1 hour.

The demand is ALWAYS too high as coins are not an issue in this game.

5 Likes

Yep, the big reason people say there’s not enough forgers is because I can put 10 stacks of tier 6 speed hammers up in my shop, and a single person will buy them all.

There’s legit no way for me to keep up with demand, so shops look empty. My shop looks empty too because I refuse to treat it as a job.

3 Likes

What you say is very true for me. I tend not to put out everything that has been forged at once. That way when stands sell out in 5 seconds, I can at least put a few more out while making another batch. While I enjoy forging it can be very frustrating at times. Certainly don’t want to be a full time forger, that would take the fun out of it.

2 Likes

On this note also → It would be great if people accepted that durability hammers with a speed brew is also fine to use.

I forge both speed and durability, just in case, but the speed tools usually sell out instantly while durability can take WEEKS.

2 Likes

If you put out 10 stacks and they get bought out just raise the price a little and keep doing so until they don’t. Then you’ve found the price point they should be sold at that you don’t have to forge all the time. That’s always been the way I’ve done it. Then if you need coin drop the price slightly. Just my thought on it.

I’ve been forging for ages.
Constantly being bought out, the game becomes a job is how most people burn out from my experience.

3 Likes

Or I can just stay the course and not treat it as a job, as I already don’t, and let the market go wild, as it usually does.

2 Likes

Lots of good information there. All to the point, forging is easy.

But forging isn’t:

Always Eficient
Always Cheap
Always Consistent
For everyone

I enjoy it myself… it’s a challenge. I still would like to see a Decon 4 though. The RNG can be frustrating, but it is also rewarding when you finally get the tool you want.

2 Likes

I thought about that and refuse to raising prices for 2 reasons.

• Forged tools don’t need to be (extremely) expensive.
  • New players need a chance to buy normal priced forged items as well.
4 Likes

I’m not saying extremely expensive.
10k for a good tool will get you many times that in materials gathered.
Most of my tools are less then that. But some people want to be the cheapest and those are the ones that burn out the fastest.
As far as new players. They need to progress through the game not start with t6 tools.

4 Likes

I agree, just trying to avoid 1 person buying it all.

New players I do sell cheap T6 stuff as well so they get to see what is possible in the game.

All I want is for new players to fall in love with the game and keep playing. New players don’t have the coins to buy complete SS of T6 hammers anyway.

4 Likes