Which gems are better?

I wanted to get some gems soon and so I was wondering which gems are better than others.

Depends hat you want, each does a different thing for each tool created… Are you going to be hunting, mining, building gathering?

It depends greatly on what you use.

For digging and mining Daimond is imho the best gem to get. Does 3 blocks at the same time in a reasonable time. Yes emerald can do 5, but takes more hits.

For hunting i go either topaz if you have the repeater skill, Sapphire for great damage, of ruby for sniping (this is how you get the birds)

5 Likes

I find amethyst hammer the best among multiblock breakers and sapphire has become my favourite among single block breakers lately although I also like topaz and ruby especially when clearing larger areas for building.

Slings? Diamond for meteorite group hunting as you get a few mobs grouped together and can hit a few with one shot and rarely lose a bolt. Same for amethyst but it’s bolts spread vertically so you have to learn that. It’s a repeater at the same time so it’s fun to use at least for me. Ruby is a perfect sniping weapon when getting into a good position like hight advantage. It’s really very precise as the name suggests. Topaz will give you amazing fire rate if you lokemachine gun style.

I ain’t no grapple guy but diamond is auto reel if you don’t like hiding that R button. Is it sapphire or emerald that has an amazing range that can get you to those floating rocks easily?

I know (with mastery 4) Sapphire is 45m (block) range. Not totally sure on Emerald, but I’m thinking 35?

1 Like

The one that has long range but slow reel.

Dont get blue stuff its baaad forgot name off gem thats blue diamond tools do 3at once horizontally they rock

Are you talking about Sapphire? They are actually my favorite hammers when mining (not strip mining) :slight_smile:

Sapphire rock!
One hit for rock block and 2 hits for resource block (speaking of ring worlds).
I need 2 whacks of diamond hammer to break them 3 stones (with a critical, without it its 3 hits). Sapphire gives you the same result - 3 separate hits to break the 3 rocks.
And since not all resource rich areas are made for strip mining, having hammers breaking 1 block is very useful and ensures you mine quickly and efficiently.
When I’m bored with slower swinging sapphire I switch to ruby or topaz hammers and do 2 hits per block and 3-4 per resource block, but they are faster so time-wise kinda the same.

In general I carry all 6 types of gem hammers with me - but I found sapphire, ruby and amethyst most useful (amethyst breaking 2 blocks is very good for fast clearing of larger clusters of resources, while you wont find too many situations when you can go on with a diamond hammer and always break 3 blocks).

1 Like

Sapphire(blue), is my favorite grapple. longest range and awesome real in. After that I go ruby grapple for a second best. Then steal for the poor who need long range. SUPER slow real in.
Diamond bows hands down steals the show for hunting(for me). Ruby is best for distance shooting. I like to throw in a emerald bow to get a dot going, then hammer them with the diamond. I’ve hit for over 9k damage with diamond. Keep in mind 90% of the fights are close up. Just wait till the cutters come close.

Diamond hammers for mining large areas, looking for gems. After that its really a matter of how many hits but fast with one hammer too, one SLOW hit but harder with another. Time it, some are completely not worth it. If you’re only putting 3ish skills in a tool(hammer etc), then use titanium. Any less skills stay with iron.
2 best pieces of advice: imo
Better tools are worse than cheap tools if you don’t have the skills.
Before using up gems tools and weapons, configure your skills for longer lasting wear. Stay with iron or titanium until then.

2 Likes

Good advice there at the end.
I still mine with iron tools. I have it in my right hand paired with gem ones that I assign to my left. I usually finish nearly broken blocks with iron ones to save gem hammers.

1 Like

Ah maybe cuase im maxed out on tools they dont do much for me need to rereview them then my info sometimes is preupdate :slight_smile: