Which ones are rare goo/pigment/paint colors?

O.O please do

1 Like

I admit i didnt read myself the whole topic… And it kinda reminded me what the situation was back then.

My mistake here. raising hand For error

2 Likes

Shadow blue is a color in game?

Nvm found it as 248

But i am currious if its a possible color for rock as I’ve noticed not all colors are equal in their available shades.

1 Like

I’ll be honest here I have very little knowledge on Goo and the process of mutating the colors. I do however have every color of gleam. I also have or had every color of rock (kind of). I simply painted quite a bit of rock for my concrete shop. I would simply buy what I needed in spray… spray the rock and then break that down into sand then use the sand for concrete.

I do know that I want to start a large goo farm but I am very limited on my knowledge other than it seems a lot of RNG. Combine the RNG with no sustainability and it really makes it unappealing to do.

EDIT: I know gleam colors can unlocks at times with a bit of luck and I assume that most any color could unlock, but the odds of that may be rare. I know every once in awhile when I buy a Sov I go through the world control to see if there are any new colors I had previously known to be a gleambow/exo only color. Bright Slate Gleam about a month ago was gleambow but it was unlocked as were several others.

@Rydralain Believe me I have read up on it a number of times and while I think I understand it for the most part the RNG and non-sustainability seem like a real turn-off.

You see it as a turn off, I see it as a challenge :smiley:

@PrincessMaude Oh don’t get me wrong, I have major plans for it and I seldom back down from a challenge. Just from the outside looking in, it seems like it could be a source of frustration. Many people said the same about forging and I love forging. I take goo to be along the same lines.

1 Like

Devs said it WAS possible to spawn, though the conversation is, as usual, spread across several threads. Fante’s quote was based on some earlier research and the files with the world builder before the sovereign release.

Didnt read entire post, there is some color that can only be achievable if the good spawned/block spawned in that color or if you got the gleam of said color from gleambow and grow kernel by mutating its color.

Atm not every block can be painted so there some block that are only available if the planet palette occur. Then world palette are another thing, some color cant happen via the planet colors aswell.

1 Like

Ok, so gleambow gleam is too expensive for me. Didnt know it was 5k a piece.
So I am going to try a different approach.

Whats the random mutation chance on rock?

My small sample size (roughly 70) is sitting at about 40% mutations based on what I received in seeds…
But I’ve read it was 20% or 1.5%.

so which is right? 40% random mutation is good enough for me to use…

What color of gleam you looking for and how many?

Honestly I am not sure.
For now I found a color that i can get from sovereign gleam(strong lavender i think it was) that mutates to 3 out of 6 directions into different gleambow colors.
So I was going to try RNG that way.

ways it mutate to:
Strong Blue (236)
Strong Cobalt (237)
Dark Blue (246)
Shadow Blue (248)
Silk Lavender (65)
Dark Lilac (8)

so if its 40% mutation rate, I get 20% gleambow colors and if i get into sprays, i can use the strong lavender as filler

at least that is the idea…

If i grab a gleambow color I have to rethink a new plan then another for when/if I expand.

the color the kernels will become depends on what color they were in the first place.

1 Like

No worries. I was going to off you gleam if you needed it. I dont have a ton of gleambow but i do have at least 250 of every color. I didnt mind sharing a few.

for example, if you start with white goo kernels and plant them on strong lavender gleam, it is very unlikely that they would become strong lavender on the first try. They would probably go to something like light lilac, cool violet, etc.

Right, so if I am thinking this out correctly, I can get my kernel to turn strong lavender over multiple iterations via a sovereign gleam, assuming it survives long enough based on how far it is off

then plant on rock which i will play rng mutations.
So my question is whats that random mutation % chance is on rock?

my assumption i have though is that from strong lavender, it can only mutate to those 6 i listed… or itself with no mutation

Or am I mistaken somewhere?

thanks and that is kind of you but I respectfully decline. :slight_smile:

1 Like