White and Black colors

Hello,

Can we please have pure white and pure black colors?
Things like white foliage or black rocks (think that black rocks might already exist but foliage… none).
Not a shade of blue that somewhat is dark or anything else.

With respect,
Lion

1 Like

you can get black metamorphic rocks and change them to sedimentary \ ingenious with a changing chisel.

<3 support your request for more colors.

1 Like

black and white are not colors :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

mind blown :exploding_head:

@HOST let’s not digress from the subject. I’m sure you know what the post is all about. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i do i do indeed kind sir xD just love to mention it when people state black and white as ‘‘colors’’

1 Like

are coconuts - nuts or fruit?

1 Like

@Hazir or a seed?

1 Like

:))) oki, so, for those that are more curious, here’s the science of it…

Given the subject of black/white as colors…

The question:
Are black and white colors?

The answer:

1. Black is not a color; a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes.

The grey area about black:

A black object may look black, but, technically, it may still be reflecting some light. For example, a black pigment results from a combination of several pigments that collectively absorb most colors. If appropriate proportions of three primary pigments are mixed, the result reflects so little light as to be called “black.” In reality, what appears to be black may be reflecting some light.
In physics, a black body is a perfect absorber of light.

1. White is a color. White reflects all the colors of the visible light spectrum to the eyes.

In conclusion
The colors we see are simply a degree of how much of this color present in light is reflected. To be completely accurate, a color reflects the wavelengths in the NM range that our retinal cones respond to.

The medium is the process of reflection of the wavelength of the color.
The receiver is our eyes which receive the wavelength of the color.

But!! :smiley:

This is a game, let’s not complicate things. :wink:

Wish you a great day,
Lion

• Hello, I’d like a pair of trousers.
  • Which colour?
  • Without colour, please.

But seriously, as @Hazir menioned, you can get all available color types on different blocks by using a block type changing chisel.
The black is quite intense, depending on your hardware and settings. There are no pure whites though. (however that may sound…)

“White” is a color in the game palette but it does not exist in-game as the color of any block.

I’m sure everyone would love some white stones :slight_smile:

but we might be at the mercy of random world generation…

1 Like

i allways wondered about this statement.

in technical aspects like colors are being handled in programming are mostly combinations of 3 byte values, where each of them reflects a color channel (red, blue, green)
so i wonder:
how can white ( a combination out of red, blue and green (blue:255, red:255, green:255)) not be a color?
same with black (0,0,0) ?

and is 255,255,254 or 0,0,1 a color?
im sure you wont even see if its not pure “white/black” anymore.

if black is not a color, when is black black? what if 0.0000000001% of the light is still being reflected, is it than a color?

@topic:
the black bricks are very nice, i like them =)
but i also miss a white rock or at least a very very very light grey :frowning:

1 Like

is this changed per stack? or per block?

per block, you build the blocks, and then you use the chisel to change the blocks type

1 Like

thank you kindly

i’ll be cheeky and say that 0,0,1 is a very dark green.
and 255,255,254 is a very bright gray :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: I am not a color scientist.

1 Like

:smiley: in programming you need a concrete definition for reference, otherwise you would just say:

Boori.atmColor = !(red + green + blue); // white

Think you get what I mean.

About this… black would be absolute black when there is no light waves emitted from the black object to your eye. Like the black hole is. So yes, depending on the color of the 0.0000000001% light reflected… that would be the color. :slight_smile:

java script syntax can be confusing if you not expect it to be JS in the first view :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll throw some import java.*; next time if it’s required.

but let’s say it’s JS, I’m actually writing in JavaScript at work right now. :))

‘Beautiful painting, which colours did you use?’

‘Red and orange, blue, and here I used the complete absence of all colours.’

Scientifically speaking (or if you’re just being pedantic) it isn’t, but for everyday use - it is.

As for the actually subject;

You can check this list here, and find the colours you want. There aren’t currently any pure white blocks (though they do exist in the database), but there are four planets with black metaphoric rocks; Angel, Lasagne, Seginiakai and Pheminorum.

Happy hunting, and keep checking back for more planets being added.