Who own this world. šŸŒ

It isnt

10 chars

1 Like

What biomes does it have? Gem yield mostly has to do with biomes right

1 Like

Yep, but some more complicated than others. Did well with sapphires sticking to the mountain types, and done fair to very well with emeralds and amethyst going with ocean/water ones (just avoid Trench!!). Iā€™ve sacrificed a little gem count on those to get a few land ones I really like, though.

Ruby seems trickiest so far. Iā€™ve gotten a big range on my three rolls. Definitely desert biomes do well, and not too high in elevation. But some other biomes do ok too, the gleam cube one Iā€™ve got some nice hotspots near on one world.

2 Likes

Someone needs to make a ā€œhow to get the most of each gem typeā€ thread

7 Likes

Iā€™ve already been brainstorming how to do this a little bit. Mountains and mountains and more mountains for sapphires and diamonds at least, I havenā€™t looked much into other gem types. Amethyst seems to need liquid nearby as well as low ground, so I assume lots of lakes would generate more, but I havenā€™t spent much time with the landscape above ground when mining.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve done very well with sapphire and mountains. The trick is actually NOT to pick too many, or you risk a reasonable % spread all over. I rolled 3 sapphire and found that floating mountains are great for topaz, as the middles missing, but kill sapphire. Big slice is the one I got lucky on coupled with ice plateau to get a really good concentration and a decent %.

For emerald I rolled well with tropical islands and gleam lakes

3 Likes

I donā€™t have a portal setup yet, but there is a planet orbiting Houchus called ā€œ:droplet::roughemerald::ocean:ā€ that is 5.65% emerald. Some sections are ridiculously dense and others have none. But itā€™s a pure water world.

6 Likes

Give it a proper name!! Its a planet it has feelings tooā€‹:grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

Does anyone else think itā€™s weird that you can use emoji to name a planet but not everyone has access to emoji?

For example, to refer to :joy_cat: planet, someone without GC would have to call it ā€œemoji cat planetā€

5 Likes

I donā€™t think emoji should be allowed in Planet names. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I think emoji and color control codes shouldnā€™t be permitted in planet names, beacon names, settlement namesā€¦

4 Likes

I like a lot of people think emojis for names are a bad idea.

2 Likes

Can you name your character an emoji?

Something like this? From 2018

2 Likes

Nono

Like ā€œif you want 5% emeralds pick the following biomes for your sovereignā€ etc

Ahhh okay, gotcha. Thanks!

1 Like

Any idea of name length limit? ā€œMost Moistestness Emerald Minesā€

Super wet emerald land :wink: