Wholesome reminder to us all

my thoughts exactly! :smile_cat:

6 Likes

I know we are all testers and that is fine. I can stand that there are bugs etc.
Even die because of bugs is fine with me. As long as we report them and they fix it.

But when they make a really huge balancing mistake, then one can become a bit irritated.
I do expect that they can balance a bit better than what they did with the last update when it comes to mobs/hunting.

I am rendering a video right now where I show mob hunting for them to see.

4 Likes

@SWProzee1 just curious but are you using the “Slingbow Extra Damage Crystal”?

m8 ik this is just alpha but when even in the testing server people tell u NOT to put a mechanic in and u still put it in…it gets a bit infuriating

We can give opinions, but we can’t expect them to be 100% fulfilled. As I said, sometimes only part of feature is implemented, devs want to see how it behaves in the real world. You can only learn so much in testing and speculation.

3 Likes

Have a look at my video then Spoygg.

From too easy 1 hit kill a cuttle to extremely hard is just a big balancing mistake. You must see that !

2 Likes

A mistake for sure. Big mistake not so much, big mistake would be if you couldn’t kill them at all.

It looks very funny though :grin:

4 Likes

Well, I hope they balance it quickly as I will wait for the next update to play again.

And it might have looked funny LOL, I had no fun hunting them.

2 Likes

Sure bro, your call :+1::smile:

2 Likes

As you stated before, just giving my opinion here. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, yes, you’re going to call it a friendly reminder. Kind of like saying “with all due respect…”.

But, yes, as I’m sure all of us who need to keep portals open have noticed, I estimate creatures are between fifty and two hundred times harder to kill than previously (particularly on ringworlds). I’m pretty sure I’m going to make a very large multi-plot bed of leaves to lead the cuttletrunks to now, and I think you all know why. Vacuum Sounds

Hoppers are probably (definitely) over-powerful. I got one-shot by one for over 10,000 damage on Nasharil, and it wasn’t even very close to me, 3-4 blocks away minimum. I can see titans hitting that hard, but regular mobs, even on hard worlds… shouldn’t, unless we’re going to be getting some kind of armor.

1 Like

I could see it taking 3-4 hits from a diamond slingbow with maxed out mastery/power/agility/attribute bonuses, to kill a cuttle on, say, Nasharil or Munteen VIII. Any more than that is most definitely overkill. A damage crystal should probably bring that down to 2-3 hits.

2 Likes

@AzureHelios I’m not calling anything any way, you’re free to interpret as you see it.

My main gripe is players seeing change and calling the end of the world immediately. Maybe something went wrong in publishing the update and things do not work as they are intended to. James said that something might have gone bonkers, so we’ll see. I’m sure devs don’t intend to leave game unbalanced, if it is at all.

As. I said I reacted that way on one of previous updates and later I came to regret the way I overreacted, and I have written this post purely because of that. It’s easy to forget that devs will change stuff that doesn’t work well even if you don’t yell your lungs out.

6 Likes

Some players have the ingame experience and mathematical knowledge to call the end of the world immediately, and do so accurately.

If this doesn’t change within about 5-7 days, most of the major portal networks are going down. If it doesn’t change within 3-4 weeks, they’re ALL going down unless someone has massive stockpiles of pre-existing oort stones/shards somewhere. There just aren’t that many Roadrunners on the homeworlds, and even if there were, they’re a huge hassle to hunt.

Yes, there is a realm of overreaction, but I don’t think we’ve even touched it yet on this subject.

The “Just a friendly reminder” rankles because I’ve never, ever seen someone say that in person when it isn’t a lie. It’s ironic, because they wouldn’t feel the need to add “friendly” in the first place if it weren’t a distinctly unfriendly communication. May be just my experience (personal/anecdotal), but still. I don’t think you used it with that intent, but I’ve gotten used to reacting that way to it, and I think a lot of others might have too, so you might want to unlearn that particular pattern of speech. I used the “With all due respect” as an analogy because it gets used exactly the same way, “With all due respect, go dunk your head in a lake.” etc. It’s just a communication red flag, is what I’m getting at.

3 Likes

Cool, English is my 2nd language, so I’m not that versed with hidden meaning.

As for portals, group that I play with has already organised about keeping network up.

Edit: I’m not so caught up on words, but where did you actually read “Just a friendly reminder”?

5 Likes

At the very beginning of your opening post. Technically you said “kindly reminder”, but the meaning is the same and it comes across the same.

1 Like

I can’t find the Video, got a link?

2 Likes

@QUEENNUTS here you go. But consider that pre-patch that came out few hours ago.

2 Likes

I love Boundless, And I know that the team is working hard on fine tuning this game.
You really don’t know something is going to work till you try! lol
I know they will get it right in the end, till then I’m all in.
The only way the Dev. can upset me of is if they take may keyboard from me! lol (then I will use a controller lol)

4 Likes

hahaha same here :slight_smile: Almost like we’re in the same team :wink:

2 Likes