Who's staying Who's going....... Rented/Public Poll

44votes now and its 50/50 olmost little bit leaning to the public side
so it wont be to crazy the arrival off sovereign worlds lol

hmm :thinking:

100% public for now.

Based on the “current wisdom” regarding pricing it’s unlikely that I’ll sustain a rental. If pricing is right for me I might sustain something, but more likely I’ll do a one-time or occasional just to play with it.

I’m remain on Houches (^-^)

2 Likes

It’d be nice as far as payments go, if we could get alternative package types. Like say, if you were committed for a year to a planet and did not care but just wanted your own planet, and committed to a 6month/year long agreement then say you get a world for super cheap (like gleam club costs) but if you’re looking for more intricate developments (like wanting specific prefabs to populate your planet etc) then you’ll maybe look at something 3-5x the cost (depending on the level of creation input desired). I’m not sure if paypal would work with those different types of tiers, but I haven’t used paypal in probably 10 years either so I’m not sure what it’s capable of.

I think the system lends itself to a lot of malleability. We’ll just have to see what they are willing to do as time goes on. Right now just getting the system at all is a pretty big boon to the game I think.

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Well I think they can send you an email/invoice which could be for any amount to be paid through paypal. So I think it is possible to have tiers.

1 Like

I’m not sure about tiers (although great idea) but the ability to pay upfront for a year would be an excellent option because it gives real peace of mind for not only those building on them, but for everyone. For example someone could get sick or unexpectedly lose their job. If they’ve paid upfront at least they will still be able to play the game they enjoy.

For me personally, I get student payments every 3 months and no money of my own in between, so if I were to consider a private planet in the future, this would definitely make it for more accessible. To be honest I can’t see them not having this option anyway.

something like renter has option to put his planet on a gofundme system
then others can join the paying but then you hit moral thing are people gonna be forced into paying by grouppresure our under thread off removal there some pretty crazy peeps out there lol

I agree. I think group financing would be a really bad idea because it sucks to have to discuss our personal lives or financial difficulties in a setting that is supposed to relax and be largely problem free. I know I’d feel embarrassed if someone asked me to contribute toward a planet during the months I don’t get my student payments. It would be very uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Im with you full steam. Storis II is welcoming and helping new players everyday.

Like the Star Wars rebellion, we of the Pants rebellion may be few, but we are strong.

2 Likes

3 Likes

one day we will lower it and replace it with shirts my friend :smiley:

3 Likes

I can’t really answer this properly until we know the cost of them so for now it’s 100% public. If I could afford a small one then probably about 50/50, although I’m a predominantly independent player I still like to see other players around and believe it or not even try and help some of the new ones out. Despite playing mostly solo I think I would get a bit lonely just on my own planet.

I hate PayPal so much. Got me for a good bit of money after my card was stolen and I reported it. They did nothing about it. I would never use them again.

Why would the private planet payment be put through PayPal anyways? Using debit card or bank payment would be a better option wouldn’t it?

I see in post above that PayPal was speculation :rofl: thank God! Regular system used to buy cubits and GC would be best. I trust that system more then Payfail!

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty easy to offset this with a setup cost.

I don’t think it makes a ton of sense to pay 5x the monthly for a planet of the same size/capacity due to a one-off requirement. Maybe 2x - 3x but a hefty setup fee for the initial admin might be enough.

Now if they can offer different size or capacity planets (more users on the planet at once) that use more server resources, I can see costs for that scaling considerably.

1 Like

I think you’re right, my mindset was more of having the setup cost wrapped up in to the 6/12 month commitment so that, in the case a setup cost may be too big of an initial cost then it could be absorbed over several payments. After that commitment the rental agreement would revert in to a standard rental world I would imagine.

This is of course a bold assumption they’ll ever let us have that kind of hands on creation. Based off the work they’re doing on test it seems pretty involved.

No idea what they are going to use, but they need to select a payment processor that allows people to pay using many different payment methods. PayPal actually works with credit cards, debit cards, local payment methods, etc., etc.

Am sure there are more and better payment processors out there, but also believe PayPal is probably the easiest to implement. Like if they don’t have it fully automated yet it all just works with an email address, once it’s going to be integrated into a fancy website then it’s easier to go with one of the other processors…

The workshop, the base, the warehouses, all that I take to the private world and I would dedicate the public world to business: the store and develop some ideas that I have.

1 Like

Looks like you can do half a year

2 Likes