Who's staying Who's going....... Rented/Public Poll

I’ll be keeping part of my current base in Kindred Bay. Once public worlds release i’ll make a build on my guild’s planet, and later down the line when we get more colors I’ll probably get my own planet to do some huge multilevel wtfiswrongwiththisguy builds.

2 Likes

Thats what I’m saying I don’t have to worry about because of the group I am with. If you don’t have a good crew of close knit people, you are taking a risk. But that is no different than any other games out there. I’ll go out on a limb and say this isn’t most people’s first rodeo, and they know the dangers associated with player owned/rented servers.

3 Likes

I want oxide grey sedimentary rocks. Lol I might have to wait for a long time til that becomes a thing ahahah

2 Likes

Only thing we need to worry about in our group is a certain gleam hoarder.

Not worried at all about if a world has to go dis-a-poof. It would be clearly communicated within the group. For having less than a dozen members our discord is almost never inactive… darn overly chatty people.

The group of people we’ve assembled is why I’d be mostly on private.

7 Likes

As long as she continues to sort my storage when she cleans out my gleam stash, I won’t complain! Heaven knows I won’t sort it myself.

To add, if they develop a beacon transfer system or a blueprint system some time down the road, it may change many people’s minds about building on rentals they don’t own. Gotta take the long view and try to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

4 Likes

I’m waiting on more information to come out before I make a decision but what I’m thinking right now is I may rent a world for a week/month at time to offer a new world to explore and get resources from. I’ll probably keep building like normal on the standard planets.

44votes now and its 50/50 olmost little bit leaning to the public side
so it wont be to crazy the arrival off sovereign worlds lol

hmm :thinking:

100% public for now.

Based on the “current wisdom” regarding pricing it’s unlikely that I’ll sustain a rental. If pricing is right for me I might sustain something, but more likely I’ll do a one-time or occasional just to play with it.

I’m remain on Houches (^-^)

2 Likes

It’d be nice as far as payments go, if we could get alternative package types. Like say, if you were committed for a year to a planet and did not care but just wanted your own planet, and committed to a 6month/year long agreement then say you get a world for super cheap (like gleam club costs) but if you’re looking for more intricate developments (like wanting specific prefabs to populate your planet etc) then you’ll maybe look at something 3-5x the cost (depending on the level of creation input desired). I’m not sure if paypal would work with those different types of tiers, but I haven’t used paypal in probably 10 years either so I’m not sure what it’s capable of.

I think the system lends itself to a lot of malleability. We’ll just have to see what they are willing to do as time goes on. Right now just getting the system at all is a pretty big boon to the game I think.

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Well I think they can send you an email/invoice which could be for any amount to be paid through paypal. So I think it is possible to have tiers.

1 Like

I’m not sure about tiers (although great idea) but the ability to pay upfront for a year would be an excellent option because it gives real peace of mind for not only those building on them, but for everyone. For example someone could get sick or unexpectedly lose their job. If they’ve paid upfront at least they will still be able to play the game they enjoy.

For me personally, I get student payments every 3 months and no money of my own in between, so if I were to consider a private planet in the future, this would definitely make it for more accessible. To be honest I can’t see them not having this option anyway.

something like renter has option to put his planet on a gofundme system
then others can join the paying but then you hit moral thing are people gonna be forced into paying by grouppresure our under thread off removal there some pretty crazy peeps out there lol

I agree. I think group financing would be a really bad idea because it sucks to have to discuss our personal lives or financial difficulties in a setting that is supposed to relax and be largely problem free. I know I’d feel embarrassed if someone asked me to contribute toward a planet during the months I don’t get my student payments. It would be very uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Im with you full steam. Storis II is welcoming and helping new players everyday.

Like the Star Wars rebellion, we of the Pants rebellion may be few, but we are strong.

2 Likes

3 Likes

one day we will lower it and replace it with shirts my friend :smiley:

3 Likes

I can’t really answer this properly until we know the cost of them so for now it’s 100% public. If I could afford a small one then probably about 50/50, although I’m a predominantly independent player I still like to see other players around and believe it or not even try and help some of the new ones out. Despite playing mostly solo I think I would get a bit lonely just on my own planet.