Why are people wanting to nerf XP?

Well you must have 1000s of crafting tables. Lol i have better things to build.

Does the forge give xp? Haven’t noticed

I think one of the reasons why this has become such a huge thing is because they’ve told us nothing about it. Now, suddenly, without even asking what we think, they make the biggest change. I don’t think that’s the right way to go about it.

1 Like

I find this subject extremely hilarious.

The same people that just 3-4 months ago whining about the grind to collect mats/ingredients. Are now whining because exp isnt enough of a grind…

The irony here is crazy. Leave this alone. Half my alts that are just crafters/builders/etc. Dont go out and fight/hunt, they dont farm. This is their means to level up in game the most effective way.

Apparently there’s an entire competitive subculture here doing this for fun and cubits the whole time!

There’s actually a specific term for this behavior it’s so common. It’s called “closing the door behind you”.

I mean I’m just excited about not running to 200 crafting tables for what I could be doing at 1. Since I do play all aspects of the game and other avenues of crafting xp exist, the balance change would be great for me

2 Likes

I didnt say the whole idea of this is beyond devs looking into. I level a lot in other aspects of the game also.

But if you look into the threads. These same arguing the grind is too easy are the ones arguing about having to take too much time to actually farm mats to craft/build in this game just a couple months ago. Its the Irony that is hilarious. They tend to jump on these trend posts.

I make a TON of bricks, So this will benefit me & hurt the leveling process I use to level up my alts before i throw them to the cuttles.

1 Like

Who exactly do you see advocating for this change? By and large I haven’t seen m,any people feel/think it is a good idea at all. There’s been a few folks who have explained where the devs are coming from/etc, but I haven’t seen anyone go out of their way to say this is a good idea. I might not be in the right threads though.

You know this has all gotten pretty fuzzy a few thousand posts down the road, but somehwere in a hundreds of posts long thread around here are a bunch of people telling James they want and would appreciate this exchange, the lost XP for the removed crafting time.

Neither James nor any of the other participants have mentioned or linked to that conversation and to be honest, I’ve been unable to find it.

I don’t know where those people went but the original announcement excluded the information that the crafting time would be reduced, and shortly thereafter james announced that crafting items with an alt is an exploit.

Things pretty much blew up from there and I wouldn’t want to be on record asking for the change either, at this point.

No it might not be safe . . my guild is already crafting pitchforks and torches. Just in case we need them. . to take care of certain issues shall we say. .

3 Likes

I have something like 6000 torches on hand. MAybe we should meet up :wink:

1 Like

You cant name people on here.

But there is 2-3 on here that have been like this pretty heavy.

I aint here to argue the subject. Just find this ironically funny.

There is a TON of bugs still in this game. The devs need to quit swapping and messing with these things in my opinion and fix the numerous bugs and latency issues on the servers. Priorities are way off. I still randomly swing when i enter game. I still have latency issues. after swapping VPN gates sometimes.

Hm I thought naming people in game / in game actions is what was frowned upon. Linking to someones posts is not the same thing at all, in my mind at least. But I understand I guess. I wasn’t trying to argue with you. Just interested in who has been advocating for this change outside of the devs randomly coming up with it (and by random i mean from discussions on discord where there is no real good archiving tool)

I propose to remove xp for killing basic wildstock as well.

1 Like

I would still kill them…they deserve annihilation for tossing us around all the time :bow_and_arrow::grimacing:

2 Likes

This, right here. Huge boost to crafting with rock/stone.

It would seem people actually enjoy looking at walls of crafting tables and waiting up to two hours for it to finish while also setting up all this rock for an hour in each individual table, then going through all those tables AGAIN just to get the stone out.

Just gimme my stone so I can make something prettier with it.

I did it for the xp (plots really) not stone…

26 posts were split to a new topic: Nerf XP + Memes

:+1:

If indeed discord discussions between devs and players lead to implementation of ideas, I suppose it would be better if players’ notions shared there would lead to a poll here in the forums first, rather than instant applying of changes.

I don’t think official boundless discord is actively used by even half of players. I stay away from it most of the time (too much reading if combined with forums), and I have thousands of hours played in game as well as having quite strong opinions on how the game features are balanced etc.

Yet you won’t here my voice there much and I think there are a lot of players that are just like me - playing a lot, being affected by changes and having strong feelings about some of them, but not using discord enough to either weigh in or know about other players ideas, thus getting totally surprised by some updates and changes brought with it.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nerf XP + Memes